THE Banana eJuice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I'm just over 5 weeks in now, and I'm finding that Banana flavors have been my "go to" flavor and the closest thing for me to being that elusive "all day vape." I've tried some that are very artificial flavored, some more natural, one that tastes very ripe (Alice in Vapeland's "Bandersnatch"), but the bottom line is that I like them all! There is something really satisfying for me about the smoothness of Banana by itself.

I'm really digging Banana with a good cinnamon kick, too, so I've been experimenting with cinnamon/Red Hot/Atomic (Nuclear) Fireball flavors, too. The next step for me is to experiment with a good Vanilla Custard.

Anyway, in terms of flavor and value (which is especially important for an ADV!), what are some of your favorite Banana eliquids AND if you've experimented mixing Banana eliquid with other flavors (cinnamon, whipped cream, custard, etc...), what are your favorite blends? I haven't gotten into DIY yet, so at this point I'm really only referring to mixing premade eliquids, but I suppose that this might be a good place for DIY recipes, too, though that is not necessarily the focus of this thread.

Are there any other folks out there that just love Banana ejuice?

Also, I've read that Banana ejuice can crack tanks. That surprises me since Banana isn't citrusy. I can understand the addition of cinnamon causing cracks, and even custard, but I'd appreciate reports on tank cracking, too. Regardless, I have a glass tank dedicated to Banana, so I'm not too concerned, but it's still useful to know about tank crackers, too!

Thanks, and have fun with this thread...I hope to meet some other Banana fans!

Asmotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
United States
Banana is one of my favorites but I find it changes so much for my tastes buds from day to day. I'm on my 2nd 15ml bottle of banana from Mount Baker Vapor right now. A very good candy style banana. I also had a 6ml sampler of banana tobacco from Heather's Heavenly Vapes which was an amazing natural banana flavor, almost on the edge of overripe. But all of HHV's juices had a weird aftertaste to me.

I've got some Bavarian Cream on the way from MBV that I'm tempted to mix with some MBV banana and see what happens. I waaaant to mix my Cinnamon Red Hot from MBV with my banana, but it is very harsh and kind of ruined my Double Apple that I tossed a bit in to give it some spice. :-/

Which brands have you found are the most "realistic" banana vapes? I'm always on the hunt for another one to try.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Banana is one of my favorites but I find it changes so much for my tastes buds from day to day. I'm on my 2nd 15ml bottle of banana from Mount Baker Vapor right now. A very good candy style banana. I also had a 6ml sampler of banana tobacco from Heather's Heavenly Vapes which was an amazing natural banana flavor, almost on the edge of overripe. But all of HHV's juices had a weird aftertaste to me.

I have an order on the way from HHV that includes their Banana, so I'll be looking out for its naturalness and the "weird aftertaste" that you mentioned. I will say that I didn't NOT like their Coffee Monkey or whatever it's called - the banana was way to overpowering...but it has been steeping for 3 weeks now, so maybe it has chilled out. I'm going to give it a few more weeks before even thinking about trying it again.

I've got some Bavarian Cream on the way from MBV that I'm tempted to mix with some MBV banana and see what happens. I waaaant to mix my Cinnamon Red Hot from MBV with my banana, but it is very harsh and kind of ruined my Double Apple that I tossed a bit in to give it some spice. :-/

I think that the trick to adding cinnamon is really not overdoing it. A couple of drops at first seems to be enough...and give it a good shake and some time to mingle before adding more. I'm really curious how the Bavarian Cream works, though; I only have Whipped Cream and Butter Cream from MBV so far.

Which brands have you found are the most "realistic" banana vapes? I'm always on the hunt for another one to try.

If you haven't tried Alice in Vapeland's "Bandersnatch," I'd recommend giving it a shot. My first impression was definitely the image of a really black and soft banana - definitely ripe. It hasn't steeped much yet, and I'm not catching the caramel, but the banana flavor is nice - I'd say that it's a nice change up from the less expensive MBV Banana. I'll most likely be ordering a 30ml bottle (for the future) tomorrow night when AiV opens.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Also, I ADORE the "Banana Doodle" from Ms. T's Bakery. That is the juice that got me hooked on Banana with Cinnamon. This is a very STRONG flavored juice. It actually works quite well as a mixer, too, which has the added benefit of making it last longer. However, I did reorder more from Ms. T's recently, and I'm looking forward to using it as a baseline for comparison.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Much to my surprise, I've found that I really like banana juices. I've tried a couple from MBV (they were pretty good) and 'Bandersnatch' from AiV (didn't like and gave away - all her juices have a weird taste to me). But my favorite is 'Red Ape' from DarkestDayVaper. Banana, butterscotch, caramel, and bavarian cream. One of my top three juices (the others being a tobacco and a bakery). Absolutely delicious.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
'Bandersnatch' from AiV (didn't like and gave away - all her juices have a weird taste to me). But my favorite is 'Red Ape' from DarkestDayVaper. Banana, butterscotch, caramel, and bavarian cream. One of my top three juices (the others being a tobacco and a bakery). Absolutely delicious.

That DDV vape sounds awesome! I have the same reaction to AiV that you do. There is a strange undertone and aftertaste to all of the juice I have tried that really puts me of. Cannot put my finger on what it is..... I also think their juices are weak.

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
I'm just over 5 weeks in now, and I'm finding that Banana flavors have been my "go to" flavor and the closest thing for me to being that elusive "all day vape." Are there any other folks out there that just love Banana ejuice?

my brother from another mother! here are the best bananas i've tried: dripeez banana organic 7mg, Plume Room banana pudding 6mg omg

of the others i've tried, mr. e-liq Banana Dream was 3rd place at 6mg. i've also found that 50/50 PG or 40/60 is best. too much VG and it can have bright flavor loss. i tried Bandersnatch and did not like. has caramel or something else in it. Next i want to try Ahlusion and nicoticket.

i was also very pleasantly surprised by Plume Room blueberries and cream. wow. that's after 4 other blueberries from good vendors, some organic.
i searched their site and it does not look organic and has "FDA approved flavor additives" i can deal with that. mr. e-liq is also artif flavors, but not artific coloring. Plume Room also looks to have no artif colors.

Last edited:

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
my brother from another mother!

Not that I'm not a bit crazy, myself, but I knew that I couldn't be alone in this love of banana vapes!

here are the best bananas i've tried: dripeez banana organic 7mg, Plume Room banana pudding 6mg omg

Awesome. I'll put both on my "list" - thank you!

of the others i've tried, mr. e-liq Banana Dream was 3rd place at 6mg. i've also found that 50/50 PG or 40/60 is best. too much VG and it can have bright flavor loss. i tried Bandersnatch and did not like. has caramel or something else in it. Next i want to try Ahlusion and nicoticket.

I actually prefer high VG (80-100%), but I'll definitely be doing some experimenting with ratios now that I'm narrowing down Banana as the ADV for me!

Thanks for your input, man!

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Banana vapes are one of my favs, my top ones right now are a banana cream from a local B&M store, and love Johnny Chimpo from MBV, Johnny Chimpo is a maple/banana flavor, more banana than maple, so it is not over the top sweet.

I have a 15ml bottle of Johnny Chimpo, and it seems way over the top with the maple syrup. How much steep time is required for it to mellow out? So far, I have no desire to vape it. The stock Banana from MBV, on the other hand, seems good to go right out of the mailbox.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I have a 15ml bottle of Johnny Chimpo, and it seems way over the top with the maple syrup. How much steep time is required for it to mellow out? So far, I have no desire to vape it. The stock Banana from MBV, on the other hand, seems good to go right out of the mailbox.

I actually like it straight away when the maple is stronger, but the maple does lessen with steeping though, I would say after a week it is more banana than maple, mine is 12mg 50/50 with 2 flavor shots just for info.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 13, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    I actually like it straight away when the maple is stronger, but the maple does lessen with steeping though, I would say after a week it is more banana than maple, mine is 12mg 50/50 with 2 flavor shots just for info.

Thanks! Lemme go check to see what mine is.........okay, I got Johnny Chimpo at 1.8% with 3 flavor shots (that might have been a mistake on my part) and a 50/50 ratio. In the same order I got Bananas Foster at 1.8% with 0 flavor shots and, also, at a 50/50 ratio; I'm getting too much of an alcohol taste from the Bananas Foster - not the perfumey/alcohol thing, but the brandy/cognac flambeed flavor, I suppose. I was surprised at not liking either too much right out of the mailbox, so I'm suspending judgment until they've steeped for a good while.

I just ordered 50ml of Hawk Sauce (I've never tried it, but I know that it's very popular) and 50ml of Cinnamon Bun (which I've also never tried, but it has a stellar reputation). I'm hoping that the Cinnamon Bun mixes well with Banana!

Thanks for the 411 on the maple flavor and steeping, man; I appreciate it. I do like maple syrup, but I'd really prefer it way in the background adding complexity rather than right up front and overpowering the banana flavor.

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Another vote for Shmuffer Shmutter from The Vapor Chef. It was sent to me as a sample and I've since placed two more orders for 60ml bottles! As previously mentioned, it is banana, peanut butter, and toasted marshmallow, but the banana is very pronounced.

That sounds pretty damn yummy, may have to try that one out :)

Thanks Sed for starting this thread, think I will find a few new banana flavors to try myself from it :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread