TECC-510 Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gernsey

Apr 16, 2009
Earth, Milky Way
About a week ago I received a DSE-901, at the same time my wife got herself a more traditional looking E-Cig, the Liberation Jr. Classic (the RN4081, i think..:confused:)

While I loved my DSE-901, my wife was less then happy with the Jr. The small cartridge, the "outty" atomizer, the cartridge didn't seem to make great contact with the atomizer wick. Anyways long story short, she didn't like it, so we did some looking and decided to replace it.

So we got the TECC-510 Titan, from Totally Wicked e-liquid.

The kit came with 2 atomizers, 2 batteries (one auto, one manual), 10 cartridges, charger, cable. Cost $90.

It's a fantastic E-cig! :)

Right from the get go, the packaging is nice. The fit and finish is solid. When the unit is put together the weight is just right. It feels balanced and thought out. It's slightly longer then the liberation Jr, and slightly shorter then the 901.

We charged up the batteries, put in a high nic cart. The carts are so much bigger then dinky jr carts. The contact between the atomizer and the cart is very solid. The result is some fantastic vapor.

the manual battery is nice and works well, it has a small button on the battery. It's easy to press while holding it, but not so easy to press that it end's up smoking itself in your pocket.

The auto works just a well producing very good vapor.

Having a choice between a manual battery and an auto is really nice. Although sometimes you can forget which one you have connected. But that is such a minor nitpick.

Overall it's a more expensive unit, but the quailty is well worth the price. It certainly a case of getting what you paid for, it seems like a good unit for newcomers, it's intuitive and well built.

Overall, loving the new TECC 510!!

gernsey

Apr 16, 2009
Earth, Milky Way
Its the same as the Dura as far as I know.

great thick vapor....definitely satisfying.

congrats!

Ya know, that's one of the things I just don't get. All these companies re-brand the E-cigs, fine. But At least denote SOMEWHERE the original model.

In this case I knew i wanted a TECC 510 Titan, and if i had any idea Janty sold it i could have bought from them. But seriously, without scrutinizing the pictures or scouring the forums, this information is hidden. So i went with the site that had it clearly labeled, so i knew exactly what i was getting.

Someone should come up with a key, rebranded name = manufacturer/make/model

bugeater

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
San Jose, CA
I am VERY happy with my Titan 510 right now.

I started out with a Pee Wee which I got from one of those Smoking Everywhere stations at the mall. I think that its a great e-cig. However, after discovering these forums, it seems that the general consensus favors the 901s. Hoping for a better experience, I ordered a 901 myself. Let's say I was pretty disappointed when I started using the 901. I had several problems with it.

The damn thing leaked to much which greatly ruined the experience since fluid just plain tastes NASTY.

No, I wasn't overfilling the carts. I figured that it was because I was sucking to hard and the reason was because you have to in order to activate the pressure sensitive battery.

The leaking was also caused by the condensation in the atomizer chamber which caused the fluid to make it through the seams in the mouthpiece. An extremely annoying condition in which caused me to wipe of the mouthpiece every time I took a hit.

It seemed that I was swallowing more fluid than inhaling vapors. It seemed that one or two drops only produced one good hit. Thinking that I had a bad kit, I ordered another set of batteries and a couple more atomizers from somewhere else. Same experience.

I still needed a backup because Smoking Everywhere sold me only one battery and atomizer with their kit ($99 but that's my fault for getting ripped off) and I didn't want to by from them because of their outrageous prices. I went and ordered another Pee Wee set. It wasn't as good as the Smoking Everywhere e-cig. I heard that the battery is modded to produce a higher atomizer charge. Regardless, was unhappy with the the new Pee Wee kit. Additionally, BOTH batteries failed within days. I think the pressure switch failed.

I was ready to give up but before I do so, I wanted to give the Titan a try. When I received it, I was immediately impressed:

- the thing looked good. The black finish felt good to hold. It didn't feel metallic and cold.
- i loved the mouthpiece that felt more rubberish than the other e-cigs I've had. It fit tightly across the atomizer. The thing I hated about the mouthpieces of the Pee Wee and 901 was that it got looser and looser each time I removed it from the atomizer to top off. The Titan did not have this issue. I've been using the same mouthpiece for several days already and probably topped off more than 50 times. The thing STILL feels snug.

- the fluid did NOT leak at ALL for the several days I used it. Hardly anything condensed on the side of the cart and into the mouthpiece. I did not have to constantly remove the cart to wipe out the sides of it.

- the cartridges hold more than the Pee Wee and (seemingly) more than the 901. Another thing that's great is that it actually wicks better than the other two. When the 901 stops producing, I take out the wool and notice that there's still a LOT of fluid left in there. When I'm done with the Titan, it's pretty much dry.

I haven't even mentioned the actual vaping yet which was the BEST out of the three:

- Great deep hits with LOTS of vapor. I got the one with the manual batteries. The great vapor production might have to be due to the fact that I don't have to hit as hard to activate the pressure sensitive battery. There isn't one (at least in my kit). I could take LOONNNGG hits, pulling lightly so that I get quality vapor and less leakage. I had to draw really hard on the 901.

- No primer puffs needed to get a great hit! The other models (especially the 901) I had to take a mandatory primer puff to make sure I was getting a decent hit.

- Best throat hit out of the three... period! This is true from the smallest puff to the longest hit.

- My Totally Wicked fluids taste better on the Titan... period! The Smoking Everywhere Pee Wee tastes good and the 901 tastes bland.

- VERY efficient in fluid. I'm using less e-fluid and getting more satisfaction from it as compared to the Pee Wee and (especially) the 901. I'm probably using less than half than I usually do.

- No dripping! I haven't dripped yet because I never had a need to. I get good hits consistently from the Titan. However, if I chose to drip, it'll probably be great as well. The 901 is pretty much just a dripping device now. And even as a dripping device, it takes a couple of drops of fluid JUST to produce one decent hit.

NEGATIVES. Not much but worth mentioning:

- wasn't too impressed by the battery life.
- some people might not like the manual battery.

All in all, my Titan is the ONE. It's my primary e-cig. I like it so much, I even ordered another kit.

My Smoking Everywhere Pee Wee is still good and I still take it everywhere in case something happened to my Titan.

The 901 has been shelved. I hate the thing. Maybe I got a couple of bad sets from the two vendors I got it from? Regardless, it sucks.

I highly recommend the Titan. It should've been my first e-cig. If it was so, I wouldn't have spent hundreds on the other kits.

Hope this helps someone... Get the TITAN!!!!

Last edited:
T

trashling

So we got the TECC-510 Titan, from Totally Wicked E-liquid.

The kit came with 2 atomizers, 2 batteries (one auto, one manual), 10 cartridges, charger, cable. Cost $90.

It's a fantastic E-cig! :)

Right from the get go, the packaging is nice. The fit and finish is solid. When the unit is put together the weight is just right. It feels balanced and thought out. It's slightly longer then the liberation Jr, and slightly shorter then the 901.

My experience with The Titan was completely different. I bought the Setup with the charging case from The Electronic Cigarette UK.. The case was in one of those plastic holders that all electronics come in., but I didn't need a knife of scissors to get into the package. It wasn't sealed, just snapped together. It didn't come with a charger. just a USB cord to charge the case... apparently the case is the only charger you get with that package. whatever. Never really got to try the Titan, because the lid on the case wouldn't stay closed.. I tried holding it together with a rubber band, then decided for $50 or whatever the cost, I shouldn't need to use a rubberband and emailed them about sending the case back. I also bought from them empty carts, vanilla juice, and an additional Titan. No nice packaging. It came in a padded mailer and looked like everything was just dumped in there. The carts were probably in their boxes when they left the UK but they spilled out of their boxes before I got the package in the U.S.A..

I put everything in a mailer the next day and returned it. I asked after shipping if they would not replace the case but let me purchase items of equal value instead. Case feels like junk! They said "no." Needless to say, I won't be ordering anything else from there. I think with shipping I paid over $100 for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread