Status
Not open for further replies.

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
I cannot believe I'm about to say this. It has to somehow be against the "girl code" but I'm going to save you some grief anyway. If she is in to shoes or handbags...you have it made. Tell her it's the same thing. Now, I'm off to the vacant lot behind Hardee's to be executed for breaking the sacred code.

Sounds like a Lifetime channel program. I'm beginning to believe I must have been a man in one of my past lives -- this whole "girl code" thing is foreign to me. I'd rather bite off my own arm than ask anyone for permission. :thumb:

Carry on.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
It's hopeless for me. DH used to buy hundreds of books. Once a week bookstore visit for decades and he got whatever he wanted. But he's down to a few a month now. Everything else he's barebones but not miserly. And I do love comfortable shoes. Since REOs my shoe and clothes purchases have teetered off significantly except for t-shirts and comfy pants and shorts. A peek..... I still have enough pottery and china, full service for 50 peeps and I've given a lot away. REOs not awfully different.

DH just started staying in apartment for weekly out of town work. He has bed, stand for TV in bedroom, two kitchen chairs in bedroom, one for sitting and one for nightstand. Kitchen table with other two chairs. No furniture in living room. He's thrilled with the simplicity.

Last edited:

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I so relate to the women's betrayal. I was a Neiman Marcus gal for ages, in a previous life, but I did have a personal shopper who contacted me about sales and had a truckload of stuff waiting in dressing room. It was a real treat to come from hours of dirty, sweaty dog training, being ignorned and scorned by prissy sales girls, mostly, and dropping into exclusive personal care products area to pick up bag waiting after dropping several hundred. First time I dropped $500 on a pair of dressy heels, in 80's, shopping with Mom, she almost fainted. But I did try on about 50 pairs first. One, out of several hundred, don't cripple me, they last 20 years, and I have to be able to run in them. Now days my friends are Crocs, Clarks, Naturalizers, Tevas, Chacos, and Walmart work boots; all in league with my functional, forever, but beautiful REOs.

Last edited:

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
I use the old trusted method. It's expensive don't think for a second that if you attempt this it won't cost you at least a few hundred cause it always does....ok here it is. Send her shopping with your check card on delivery day. She comes home happy you're vaping away on a new Reo and she's to occupied with her purchases to notice or to care. When she finally realizes it's new you can say with full confidence you've had it for a while. That part may be a stretch but it's saved my rear a time or two. Although that last one hurt she found her way to the Coach store which set me back over a grand...for a grand! Lol

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
I upgrade my PC builds by simply swapping the internals of my case. Every few years I used to buy a case and say I just upgraded the case. Same principle so I definitely get it. She most likely knows I'm full of crap but doesn't sweat it so long as all the bills are paid.

I've also readily used the buy her stuff method.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Just had to jump in here. I live alone; make all the money; spend all the money. I have anything I want.....but sometimes it's a trade-off. [Eat home more then buy a REO, pass on the new shoes then buy a REO, pass on the weekend trip (I didn't want to go on anyway) then buy a new REO.] That's how it works at my house. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread