Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Thanks for not flaming reo family. I still love my reo and it will always have a special spot in my heart haha :)

Some of us have been vaping for 3+ years or so. In that time, you usually end up preferring just one or two juices, so the REO is perfect for us. Sometime in the future the REO may be the perfect PV for you. You just never know....

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
So... I've been rocking my REO for about 5 days now...and I've just emptied the bottle and filled it up. So far only with fruity juices. I always carry at least 2 devices...now usually my Reo and my provari with an igo-l.

Here's the thought that I have on flavor changes...

Since I'm using s micro coil with a cotton wick, once the wick starts drying up and I start to taste a hint of cotton...that let's me know it is time to squonk again. If, at that time I would top drip a different flavor to just saturate the wick, wouldn't I be able to vape that flavor down to the same point without contaminating the juice in my bottle?

Haven't tried it, but seems like it should work...no?

Thanks
Geo

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
I'm a new Reonaut too (even newer, actually), but I'd guess it has to depend on flavour, and how meticulous you are at squonking.

There will always be some residue left in the cup. If that residue isn't what's in the bottle, and you oversquonk, it'll get sucked back down. If it's a powerful flavour, you might well notice it...

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm a new Reonaut too (even newer, actually), but I'd guess it has to depend on flavour, and how meticulous you are at squonking.

There will always be some residue left in the cup. If that residue isn't what's in the bottle, and you oversquonk, it'll get sucked back down. If it's a powerful flavour, you might well notice it...

Exactly.....

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
So... I've been rocking my REO for about 5 days now...and I've just emptied the bottle and filled it up. So far only with fruity juices. I always carry at least 2 devices...now usually my Reo and my provari with an igo-l.

Here's the thought that I have on flavor changes...

Since I'm using s micro coil with a cotton wick, once the wick starts drying up and I start to taste a hint of cotton...that let's me know it is time to squonk again. If, at that time I would top drip a different flavor to just saturate the wick, wouldn't I be able to vape that flavor down to the same point without contaminating the juice in my bottle?

Haven't tried it, but seems like it should work...no?

Thanks
Geo
I have no problem doing that as my flavors are all similar (NETs). Very different flavors or very strong flavors will carry over some but many have found a blend they liked when that happened.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Well, you gave it a shot. You'll find your dream setup in due time, that's for sure.

A couple of things. I rarely get flooding, it's just a matter of learning how to blind squonk until it becomes second nature.

Your point about changing flavors, yes, very valid. Most of us end up with a couple of REOs, and changing flavors is, unless they are similar, a chore. The price, well, how many tube mods made in X place which are essentially a tube and a switch are not $200+? People still buy them, I'd too if I find them worth it. For a near indestructible pocket friendly unit, I find the price fitting. The point about voltage drop will remain valid until the sub ohm kit comes out which should, according to the tests that Rob has done, make it a top dog regarding conductivity. To run bigger RDAs you do need either a 510-510 adapter or milled down REO, other than that you can run attys like the yk1, IGO-S, Hornet, Cyclone, etc. in it no probs (some of them are sealed so you'd have to mod them for BF)

I do have other gear that I use, but the REO is just one of the top dogs all around.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
To run bigger RDAs you do need either a 510-510 adapter or milled down REO, other than that you can run attys like the yk1, IGO-S, Hornet, Cyclone, etc. in it no probs (some of them are sealed so you'd have to mod them for BF)

Quick hijack: does the igo-s fit an unmilled reo with no modification other than drilling out for bottom feed?
I'm sure it's been answered before, but I don't have the time to search right now.

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
As the others have said so long as you aren't smoking Oh well you tried it it didn't suit you. benefit of the Reo it has a good resale value.

On a side note I find it interesting so many people have to file and use noalax. I've never filed at all and only use noalax on one of my REO'S. No arcing whatsoever on the others.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
As the others have said so long as you aren't smoking Oh well you tried it it didn't suit you. benefit of the Reo it has a good resale value.

On a side note I find it interesting so many people have to file and use noalax. I've never filed at all and only use noalax on one of my REO'S. No arcing whatsoever on the others.

You sub-ohmin'???

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Yup, good luck bud :)

Good luck im about to take the journey down the path of bottom feeder mods and see where it goes.

I'm joining the squonk family hopefully in the next few days :) can't wait! I've already settled on only a handful of flavour's that i use all
the time, been vaping solely on one flavour for the last two day's, boy do i hate dripping now! it's becoming a chore lol

Anyway, i wanted to ask is it from sub ohming that your button or coil melted or wha happened? I don't want any of that.
If it's from battery's! I know they arent the best like the 1600mah but they were outta stock so i have some efest 2000mah

JrRed23

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Alabama
  • Deleted by Rhapsodies Fire
  • Reason: That was unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread