Tastyfinger tastes really bad (large order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
USA
Hello all TV fans.

First of all I want to let you know that I am here to ask for help not to be rude, and I am open to suggestions before sending these bottles back to TV. Now I understand that they have been busy that is OK with me. And I also understand the flavors are not always identical, BUT this is out of the normal, its nowhere close to the real tastyfinger and I have been vaping tastyfinger for 8 months. I believe if being busy and rushing through orders what made my liquid so bad or if they received a bad batch of flavorings, then I deserve a replacement.

I have seen that some others are also complaining about tastyfinger not tasting right.

I ordered 4 bottles of 48mg 20%vg tastyfingers and a 4 oz. doubler with it. I know what tastyfinger tastes like out of the box and I know what tastyfinger tastes like when aged. Aged is 10 times better but out of the box was still great. My bottles and doubler doesnt have that strong tastyfinger smell.

I have been aging them for 2 weeks now I am gonna be waiting 2 more weeks BUT again, it used to taste good right out of the box. I keep 3 bottles in the fridge and one outside. I am using a new carto everytime I test the liquids. I am trying with different voltages. My tastebuds are good I can taste every other TV flavor I have and fruit flavors from other vendors. I tried shaking the bottle and not shaking the bottle. I read every info on TV liquids before I decided to post here.

What it tastes like ? It tastes like, burnt coffee that doesnt have any flavor to it, like a cheap coffee. It is like they forgot to sweeten my liquid and forgot to add chocolate to it too.

Now what are suggestions that I can try? Should I let a bottle sit under sunlight ? I dont have any sweetener to add otherwise that was the first thing I could think of.

Again I am not here to be rude and I expect you to not be rude to me.

Last edited:

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
ASD you were more than polite in you're post! This type of posting is constructive. Did you get a chance to speak to Geoff? It seems like we both got our orders at the same time frame. I ordered mine with the double chocolate flavoring and mine tastes fine. I wish I could be more help. I have found that adding a couple drops of sweetner can totally change the flavor. It seems atleast to me to enhance and bring out some of the more subtle flavors. I would try getting a bottle of sweetner along with contacting Geoff. Just because he needs to be aware of the issue and not wait too long. Two weeks is plenty of time for aging it. Wish I could be more helpful

P.s I don't think keeping it in the fridge is a good idea though! Another thought have you always used cartos? Only reason I ask is that AC tastes horrible in cartos it was something to do with the rubber cap and AC. I wonder if it's the same situation?

Last edited:

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
I found that adding sweetener really makes it better. Double check this, but Geoff's sweetener is sucralose that you may be able to find in your grocery store. Also, I use a carto for TF and it should be just fine (meaning not one of the flavors to react badly to a carto).

Hope you figure out what the problem is...I know that I thought my bottle tasted "dry" but the sweetener made it delicious, but then again this is a bottle I've had for probably 3 months so it's not part of any of the latest batches.

asd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
USA
Thank you for replies. I tried to contact the mix team but the link on TV's website doesn't work so I couldnt get the mix team's email address. I didn't contact geoff because I know he is overwhelmed with emails, I will contact him if no one can find a way out of my situation, or maybe he will see this post sometime soon.

@markimar
-Hmm I should try double choclate sounds good. I will try to find a bottle of sweetener if I can find one close by in a grocery store maybe. Everyone says keep bottles cool so I put them in the fridge lol should I take them out ? And yes I mostly always used TF with cartos with no rubber cap, but drip tip instead.

@# guava
- Where can I find sucralose locally and what brand should I be looking for ? How much sweetener should be added to an ounce of bottle and should I let it sit for a while or no need ? Thank you

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
Hello all TV fans.

First of all I want to let you know that I am here to ask for help not to be rude, and I am open to suggestions before sending these bottles back to TV. Now I understand that they have been busy that is OK with me. And I also understand the flavors are not always identical, BUT this is out of the normal, its nowhere close to the real tastyfinger and I have been vaping tastyfinger for 8 months. I believe if being busy and rushing through orders what made my liquid so bad or if they received a bad batch of flavorings, then I deserve a replacement.

I have seen that some others are also complaining about tastyfinger not tasting right.

I ordered 4 bottles of 48mg 20%vg tastyfingers and a 4 oz. doubler with it. I know what tastyfinger tastes like out of the box and I know what tastyfinger tastes like when aged. Aged is 10 times better but out of the box was still great. My bottles and doubler doesnt have that strong tastyfinger smell.

I have been aging them for 2 weeks now I am gonna be waiting 2 more weeks BUT again, it used to taste good right out of the box. I keep 3 bottles in the fridge and one outside. I am using a new carto everytime I test the liquids. I am trying with different voltages. My tastebuds are good I can taste every other TV flavor I have and fruit flavors from other vendors. I tried shaking the bottle and not shaking the bottle. I read every info on TV liquids before I decided to post here.

What it tastes like ? It tastes like, burnt coffee that doesnt have any flavor to it, like a cheap coffee. It is like they forgot to sweeten my liquid and forgot to add chocolate to it too.

Now what are suggestions that I can try? Should I let a bottle sit under sunlight ? I dont have any sweetener to add otherwise that was the first thing I could think of.

Again I am not here to be rude and I expect you to not be rude to me.

I am not loving my Tastyfinger much these days either. I had bought a bottle that tasted nothing like tastyfinger but ended up mixing it with some Cafe Machiotto so it didn't go to waste. I just received my newest bottle with the double chocolate and it still doesn't have much of a taste. I miss the old Tastyfinger. I ordered Cafe Mocha and Chocolate/banana walnut both with double chocolate and I really like both of them. I have some sweetener, but have never had to add it to tastyfinger before, but I may just have try it. Let me know what you figure out.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
ASD, sorry to hear that the TastyFinger is not working out for you. If you want to do the email route to the mixteam as opposed to the Live Chat, their email addy is: mixteam@tastyvapor.us

Best of luck, and keep us posted on how things work out for you.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
Well, I will let you know if I can get it to taste better. let me know how well sweetener works for you please

I just added some of Geoff's sweetener to 15 ml. of Tastyfinger. I will let that sit for a day or two and get back with you on the flavor. I added some sweetener to my Caramel Popcorn a couple of days ago and tried it again this morning and that helped tremendously, so there is hope that sweetener may be all it needs. I have never had to add sweetener to any of my favorites before, so I can't figure out what is going on. I am happy to have my Caramel Popcorn back though!!! I sure hope that is all the Tastyfinger needs, I would still like to know what happened to the waffle though!!! It is not even remotely the same as my first bottle. Geoff.... any hopes of getting the old flavor of waffle back on the menu anytime soon? I sent several samples out of the original waffles and everyone that I sent it to just raved about it. They all ordered a bottle of the new stuff and everyone is emailing me wanting to know what is up. Could you please let us know what the heck is going on. PLEASE!!!!

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
Well, I will let you know if I can get it to taste better. let me know how well sweetener works for you please

Well just tried my sweetened Tastyfinger with a new carto and sure enough it is MUCH IMPROVED!!!! I am not sure why I had to sweeten the Tastyfinger and Caramel Popcorn this time around. I have never requested either of these flavors to be sweetened in the past and they were two flavors that were always pretty good right out of the box. I tried adding sweetener to the waffle, but it hasn't helped at all. I am hoping that TV received a bad batch of waffle flavoring and this will be resolved after he reorders.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I have had similar issues as many of you already know I'm sure...I have many 4oz doublers and 48mg juices sitting unused....I PMed once a while back and that went unanswered.....I understand being busy as I'm busy too....too busy for my juice to lose all its flavor and leave a burnt chemical aftertaste....The bottom line is the AC, GB, Waffle and TF are no where near what they once were....This problem continues too grow...more and more people are saying their experience is exactly the same as mine. I had to rectify my situation and it wasn't by adding sweetner to my juice...I didn't pay for something that may require experimentation to resemble its old self...I'm stuck with that juice as I'm more than sure.."Taste is subjective.." Bite if you feel the need but be forewarned.....I'll bite back............:glare:

asd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
USA
I have had similar issues as many of you already know I'm sure...I have many 4oz doublers and 48mg juices sitting unused....I PMed once a while back and that went unanswered.....I understand being busy as I'm busy too....too busy for my juice to lose all its flavor and leave a burnt chemical aftertaste....The bottom line is the AC, GB, Waffle and TF are no where near what they once were....This problem continues too grow...more and more people are saying their experience is exactly the same as mine. I had to rectify my situation and it wasn't by adding sweetner to my juice...I didn't pay for something that may require experimentation to resemble its old self...I'm stuck with that juice as I'm more than sure.."Taste is subjective.." Bite if you feel the need but be forewarned.....I'll bite back............:glare:

its nice to have some support. I hate when posts go unanswered, some people expect us to be OK with things like this, taste is subjective, flavorings are not consistent and all that. Why should end user be responsible for this ? It tasted right last time ,it should taste right this time. I was willing to experiment with sweetener but I recently found out that the only way to get liquid sucralose is by ordering online and I am not going to pay for that. I will wait for one more week then send all these liquids back to TV and request either proper juice or my money back.

asd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
USA
I see that Geoff can respond to glowing reviews and doubler questions but seems to conveniently look past threads like this.

lol yeah I was thinking the same thing. I am sure he is thinking that we are doing something wrong.

@ddrj
Yes, I have tried every voltage up to 6. I can try higher than 6 but the taste is unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread