• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Take the Fastech challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
This started out as a response to the previous (following?) post, and it sorta got away from me. I believe there’s a point in here somewhere. Perhaps, you can find it.

fastech sells the cheapest products they can source. We buy from them for the same reason. The Chinese are very good at making some cheap piece of crap look like something better than it is. (knock off of a knock off?) Perhaps this explains some member’s skepticism regarding Chinese products.

Most of us realize we're not going to get name brand products for a fraction what they cost. We can assume we’re buying a knock off. In itself isn’t a bad thing. We also see that many of these same items are for sale elsewhere for considerably more money. This presents a challenge. That money could be used to buy more crap. So, it's game on.

Not everything fastech sells is junk, so it becomes a game of "finding the good stuff in all this crap" The more you know, the better the odds of winning, advantage ECF. Whatever you're thinking of getting, somebody around here has already bought it. And they will be happy to tell you all about it.

So, you place your orders and you pays your money. And... this is the best part. You wait... How long?...soon. How soon?.. not long. Patience Grasshopper...

While I’m waiting, I hit the ECF forums, and check the prices and inventory of the US vendors that carry many of the items that fastech does not. These products appear to be of a better quality, and somewhat more expensive. They are the vendors I would have, and in many cases should have bought from. They've played this game many times, and already found the good stuff.

Finally, a week to whenever later, there’s the mailman with your stuff. How did you do? What was your good stuff to junk score? Any DOA’s ? leaking juice? freight damage? If you answered yes to any of these, welcome to Fastech customer service. Just fill out the ticket and they’ll get right back to you. When?... soon. How soon?..very soon. Does it all get straightened out? Usually.

Is all of this worth it? That’s a personal choice. I've ordered from them a few times, and most likely will again. I also have a new respect for the US vendors who understand our needs more clearly. They stock the products we want. The difference in price is minimal. And can get it to you in 3 to 5 days.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I would usually suggest for a newbie to get their startup set in the US. (assuming they live in the US.) 2 weeks waiting for your first kit seems like forever. Now that I have more than enough vape gear, 2 weeks to try out some new style clearo on a whim is no big deal. I usually try to forget about the order so it's a happy surprise when it shows up in my mailbox.

I found out about FT from one of the flashlight forums (BLF) before I started vaping. I bought a flashlight, batteries and charger in January. Since then, I've made a few orders every month. Most of my orders have been under $20. Two CE4 clearos were bad, they gave me store credit to replace them with something else. Two ego batteries don't hold a charge well, I haven't complained about those because I feel I got my money's worth out of them before they went bad. One bottle of hangsen liquid tasted "off".

Everything else I've gotten from them has met or exceeded my expectations.

The most reliable clearos I've used came from FT (non-Kanger T4), I haven't even seen any one else in the US sell those.

One of the problems I have with US vendors is that no one seems to sell everything I want. Buy one item here and two items there and the shipping charges really start to add up. FT is turning into the vape world equivalent of Walmart. Not everything they sell is great quality, but they stock almost everything.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I'd agree about for a new vapor to purchase their first battery from a faster shipping vendor at a decent price also because then they can look around and find something more personal for them and spend a bit more money on the battery itself and then save money by buying the accessories (charger, tanks, ect) from fasttech and they can now create their own personalized kit for a lot cheaper than buying a premade kit.

I've had no issues with support, they have been very prompt and helpful.
Shipping, I pay the less than $1 to up the shipping time and have gotten my orders in 2 1/2 wks.

and
LOL20cat.jpg

as my 11 yr old daughter likes to point out "Why is everything made from China?"

thinhdle

Jun 22, 2013
CA, USA
Well, I like Fasttech until yesterday. I ordered the EVOD 3-in-1 Variable Voltage USB Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set with 0.6" LED Screen but when I opened the package the battery was just a regular Ego fixed battery. So I created a ticket to report the problem. I told them that there is no LED screen on the battery. Today, customer support replied and ask me to check again to see if the LED is on an attachment. What attachment. The picture clearly shows the LED on the battery itslef. There is no attachment. The only attachment is the Evod tank and the charger. Anyway, I told them that it's a lot of work for me to return the item since I have package and mail it back and wait for them to send the replacement so I offer to get credit for the difference. I hope they understand my request.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
You must be extremely careful when it come to stuff from Fasttech. While you can buy good priced items, other items are complete crap and that can offset the good value to the point that often it is cheaper buying the genuine items else where. Also beware of their return policy etc. They send me wrong flavor of juice and when I contacted them they told me it's out of stock and they will offer me $1 compensation. They lied because the juice flavor was in stock as I checked. So not all things that shine are gold at Fasttech. I am now so selective what I buy from FT that my shopping there dropped to about 30%. Rest I buy from a vendor, pay more but by not buying crap I so actually save money.

Last edited:

Okiegirl

Jul 26, 2013
Oklahoma
I agree when starting out it is better to buy local, put your hands on it and make the purchase. What I have a problem with it the ridiculous mark up. I am all for supporting local B&M but not at this kind of mark up. I now price shop; I know the cheap cheap stuff and don't purchase it from FT or a local B&M.

OP it may be very different in your region, but I have compared products, pricing etc... And everything I have purchased from FT is easily three times cheaper (sometime much more) compared to any local B&M for the exact same Chinese product. My latest example is the X6 battery, Pyrex DCT tank and charger for the battery. I purchased it from Fasttech $14.64 for the X6 battery, $5.70 for the Pyrex DCT and $2.51 for the charger a total of $22.85. The two local B&M that offer the exact same products (I went and looked at them held them and checked them out) are asking $39.99 for the X6 battery,$15.99 for the Pyrex DCT and $7.00 for the charger which would cost me $62.98. This difference in price is far from minimal to me.

I still make small purchases from my local B&M for drip tips, juice and some tanks etc... With FT I am able to pay it forward to my friends that are still smoking, with my vaping budget I can now purchase three set up for the same price I was paying for one. Just my :2c:

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Why do you think the non branded items you can buy from a US vendor are better quality than a non branded item from FT? I think you are deluding yourself. As for branded goods will one Joye battery last longer than 4 from FT, highly doubtful.

It is simple, it is a business transaction, if you think you can get better value (price + service) elsewere then shop elsewhere, I buy from FT when I think the value the offer me is the best, no more than that. Will that be for everything? No, people are in the twisted world of Fanboyism if they start to deal in absolutes, "FT is the best for everything" "FT is all junk"

I was happy with the prices for the items I purchased, I was happy with the service I got when I had an issue, but they are just a shop not a football team, if someone offers better value to me I transfer my business without any any drama.

CrumbCake

Jun 1, 2013
PA
It's all made in China, doesn't matter if you buy from a U.S. based vendor. Brand names and knock offs, Fast Tech sells them both and so do U.S. vendors...and they are all made in China. Trick is getting the most value for your money, quality and price = value. Read reviews and do a little homework about the products at FT and you should be able to get some good value.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I agree, but then I buy other items not even vaping related direct form China so, for me that's nothing new. Why pay 50.00 to buy it form a US company that imported it, thus is making me pay all those freight charges when I can pay the Chinese company 20.00 and, maybe a little postage to get the same darned thing?

Sure some made in China items are junk, but so are some made in the USA, made in Mexico, India, or wherever items so what is the difference?

Brand loyalty? Why if the less expensive generic is as good as the name brand but costs less. Do you but generic food or cleaning products? Yes? Then why not buy generic vaping products?

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Anyway, I told them that it's a lot of work for me to return the item since I have package and mail it back and wait for them to send the replacement so I offer to get credit for the difference. I hope they understand my request.

I would not if I were them. I would guess that they get thousands of orders ever day from people they don't know so I see no reason they should accept on faith when someone tells them that there is an issue with an order. If taking pictures, wrapping a package and running by the post office is too much trouble to get a new product or refund then deal with other companies. But don't expect nearly the same generosity as far as refunds go. Many only refund DOA batteries and nothing else. FASTTECH refunds/replaces pretty much anything so I don't blame them one bit for expecting some verification to prove that people are not taking advantage of a really great policy.

I believe they should implement better quality control measure to ensure that the right products are shipped. I think they are doing a poor job so far.

We have no way of knowing if they are doing a good job with error percentages or not. If they are doing 5,000 orders a day and only screw up 10 then they are still doing good percentage wise. Humans make errors. It is part of being human. As to quality control on products, how much would our prices go up if they hand checked every battery? And many products can't be tested at all with out the product being ruined. I'll keep the low prices and risk the occasional return myself. Statistically it is much better for me since I have only had to return 2 things out of about 75.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread