Question about Fasttech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
First of all, it's amazing I've been vaping as long as I have, and haven't ordered from them yet. But I've got a question for you all. I'm looking to get one more regulated device before the vapepocolypse. Money is of course a concern because I still need to buy quite a bit more nicotine base and that all takes money.

So I'm looking at a Wisemec Reuleaux RX200 based on a recommendation from my favorite vape guy at my local vape shop. But they charge too much. fasttech seems to have one of the best prices. So what I'm wondering is, when the product on fastech says it's an authentic product, is it actually, or are they feeding us a line? I find this suspect as they're, a Chinese company, I think?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
First of all, it's amazing I've been vaping as long as I have, and haven't ordered from them yet. But I've got a question for you all. I'm looking to get one more regulated device before the vapepocolypse. Money is of course a concern because I still need to buy quite a bit more nicotine base and that all takes money.

So I'm looking at a Wisemec Reuleaux RX200 based on a recommendation from my favorite vape guy at my local vape shop. But they charge too much. Fasttech seems to have one of the best prices. So what I'm wondering is, when the product on Fastech says it's an authentic product, is it actually, or are they feeding us a line? I find this suspect as they're, a Chinese company, I think?
They are legit when they label something as authentic.

However i would not buy a mod authentic or not from halfway around the World. Things gets bounced around in shipping. But thats just me.

Fasttech i get attys, mechs, glass, and wire from Fasttech about once or Twice a month. But a regulated mod has curcuit boards, wires, and soldered connections that can be damaged with a LOT of bouncing around.

Reactions: Eskie

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
However i would not buy a mod authentic or not from halfway around the World. Things gets bounced around in shipping. But thats just me.
What, you think FastTech orders them from Texas before shipping out to you? Where do you think these things are made? Gonna travel halfway around the world before you get your hands on it, no matter what. If your "local" vendor didn't just order it from FT in the first place, then they ordered it from Ali Express, or some other Chinese warehouse distributing Chinese products made in Chinese factories.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Since you are in the US you can have the same products for a similar price to FT online in a great many instances. However, I believe they also have a US based distribution point aswell now. Their products are authentic if described as such and their customer service is up to par.
The biggest issue is the time it takes to get your orders. This is not always due to shipping times but rather Customs delays in your Country.

I just received a bunch of stuff including 2 mods (authentic Wismec) and I have to say they had a rough journey judging by the packaging but I don't worry too much since if there is damage (DOA) they will replace items without any bother.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
I would do a bit more research before you decide, I've read about some problems with the RX-200 overheating.

I don't think this is special to FT (Slowtech) in particular. I have commented about the screen warmth issue with the rx200s and it has affected folks who bought them all over the place, also a myriad of reasons for the cause of that issue. Most say it is NORMAL and the mod let's you know if the temp. is too high.
I think it is related to a design flaw involving the 510 personally.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
I would do a bit more research before you decide, I've read about some problems with the RX-200 overheating.

Just look at some threads here on ECF about it.

I'm aware. However, with my particular vaping habits, I don't think I'll be pushing the device that hard. I typically vape around 15-20 watts. Rarely go lower than .5 ohms. I use even less power when I'm chain vaping. Do you think I would have the same sort of issues while only utilizing a small portion of the device's max output capability? Mostly I'm interested in it for the battery life. Although....not super excited about having to get a new charger. I only have a two bay atm.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Most vape gear is manufactured in China, but that doesn't mean they aren't also knocking it off, LOL.

True, but I have never known Fasttech to Lie about product origin. Not worth it to lose their Customer Base, and believe me - We Talk. :D

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I don't think this is special to FT (Slowtech) in particular. I have commented about the screen warmth issue with the rx200s and it has affected folks who bought them all over the place, also a myriad of reasons for the cause of that issue. Most say it is NORMAL and the mod let's you know if the temp. is too high.
I think it is related to a design flaw involving the 510 personally.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the issue I pointed out has nothing to do with Fasttech whatsoever, I just came across some issues people are having when i was reading about the RX 200 and though TS should be aware of it before buying one.

I'm aware. However, with my particular vaping habits, I don't think I'll be pushing the device that hard. I typically vape around 15-20 watts. Rarely go lower than .5 ohms. I use even less power when I'm chain vaping. Do you think I would have the same sort of issues while only utilizing a small portion of the device's max output capability? Mostly I'm interested in it for the battery life. Although....not super excited about having to get a new charger. I only have a two bay atm.

I honestly have no idea. like I said above, I've read about some issues and just wanted to warn you. You should look in to them some more if you're interested in this device. It's not one that's on my to-buy-list so I haven't looked too deep in to what's going on exactly.

If you're open to suggestions though, since you mentioned you like mucho mAhs; the new Joyetech Evic Vtwo has a build in 5000mAh LIPO. No need to buy a charger or batteries, and a bit easier to pocket as well. But it's new, and no real user reviews just yet. I really like the V1 VT personally though.

Good luck!

Reactions: juicynoos

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
What, you think FastTech orders them from Texas before shipping out to you? Where do you think these things are made? Gonna travel halfway around the world before you get your hands on it, no matter what. If your "local" vendor didn't just order it from FT in the first place, then they ordered it from Ali Express, or some other Chinese warehouse distributing Chinese products made in Chinese factories.
I know they are made in China or Hong Kong as well as you.

The difference is if you buy it from China it can take 3-6 weeks to get it. If there is a problem it is another 6-12 weeks to return it and get a replacement.

I will USS your example of Texas.

If you buy from a reseller in Texas and there is an issue you can call them up and could have a replacement in your hands in a week or less.

thats why i recommended against buying regulated mods from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread