Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
If anyone is remotely interested in DIY and likes smooth and light tobacco profiles then I can't recommend Hangsen concentrates enough. I've been stuck on them for almost a year. It's not complicated at all to get started and super cheap (about 10 cents/ml once you own the basic mixing gear).

The nice thing about hangsen concentrates is they are great standalone. You don't have to be a mixologist to get it right. Desert Ship and Highway are my go to's. For anyone interested, here's a couple simple recipes that have never grown old. A simple ejuice calc like ejuicemeup does all the work for you.

6-7% Desert Ship (tanks higher/drippers lower)
1% Ethyl Maltol (aka Cotton Candy)

Ethyl Maltol is optional. It sweetens the vape just a little and makes it more full or moist. I prefer a little in almost all my tobaccos. Desert ship is a little hard to describe. Slightly sweet and beutiful tobacco leaf flavor. Like what a fresh pack of smokes smells like when you open it.

5-6% Highway
1% Ethyl Maltol

Highway is stronger and nuttier than Desert Ship. Makes an outstanding base flavor to play with. I'll add 2% hangsen vanilla to this recipe and it's an excellent smooth vanilla tobacco. Love it.

If you like RY4's then you can make an easy one that is on the sweet side but really nice:

5% Hangsen TAB
4% TFA RY4 Double
1.5% Acetylpyrazine (aka AP on the DIY forum)

AP adds nuttiness and a little sweetness to any vape. Too much tastes like Fritos. Use sparingly. Goes with all kinds of different vapes including deserts.

DIY can be as easy or hard as you want it to be. I find mixing fruits pretty tricky but i don't like them so it doesn't matter. Desserts take time to master. Tobaccos are the easiest in my opinion. You can get a good group of ADV's going without a ton of waste and fails.

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
95% of what i vape is tobacco, and i have tried about 175 different vendors.
that being said, i believe that 2 particular vendors deserve more praise than they get. these are not my #1 and 2 absolute favorite, but they seem to be "under the radar", and i believe more people should try them.

old goldselect reserve from modnworld. this is hands down the best ry4 i have tasted. it reminds me of tribecca, but with less tangy/chemical taste.

king george and dragon warrior from the steam co. people seem to talk about the barrel aged line from the steam co, but i never see people talking about the tobacco they make.....and they should. it's top tier and REALLY good.

ronchinoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Bangalore / India
M-Type is not a Tob Flavor. Its a good note to add to tob flavor in very small % i.e. under 1%.

The best Tob flavors for me have to be Hangeng. Their Indian Tob is my fav ADV, then Camel, then RY4 then Malbro

You should give Hangsen Tob flavors a shot if you haven't yet.
Ive given up on TFA. For anything.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
If anyone is remotely interested in DIY and likes smooth and light tobacco profiles then I can't recommend Hangsen concentrates enough. I've been stuck on them for almost a year. It's not complicated at all to get started and super cheap (about 10 cents/ml once you own the basic mixing gear).

The nice thing about hangsen concentrates is they are great standalone. You don't have to be a mixologist to get it right. Desert Ship and Highway are my go to's. For anyone interested, here's a couple simple recipes that have never grown old. A simple ejuice calc like ejuicemeup does all the work for you.

6-7% Desert Ship (tanks higher/drippers lower)
1% Ethyl Maltol (aka Cotton Candy)

Ethyl Maltol is optional. It sweetens the vape just a little and makes it more full or moist. I prefer a little in almost all my tobaccos. Desert ship is a little hard to describe. Slightly sweet and beutiful tobacco leaf flavor. Like what a fresh pack of smokes smells like when you open it.

5-6% Highway
1% Ethyl Maltol

Highway is stronger and nuttier than Desert Ship. Makes an outstanding base flavor to play with. I'll add 2% hangsen vanilla to this recipe and it's an excellent smooth vanilla tobacco. Love it.

If you like RY4's then you can make an easy one that is on the sweet side but really nice:

5% Hangsen TAB
4% TFA RY4 Double
1.5% Acetylpyrazine (aka AP on the DIY forum)

AP adds nuttiness and a little sweetness to any vape. Too much tastes like Fritos. Use sparingly. Goes with all kinds of different vapes including deserts.

DIY can be as easy or hard as you want it to be. I find mixing fruits pretty tricky but i don't like them so it doesn't matter. Desserts take time to master. Tobaccos are the easiest in my opinion. You can get a good group of ADV's going without a ton of waste and fails.

Where do you buy the Hangsen concentrates from ? I have bought the e-liquid from Caterpillar Vapes, but they don't sell the concentrates. I have some pg,vg and nic left over which i might as well put to use.

Do they have the concentrates from their Premium line ? I wouldn't mind trying those.

On a different note, JuiceMafia has some decent synthetics. I have tried the Turkish, Tropical and Peach and they are all better than average for their particular category and they have a decent sale going on now. Two bottles of 50 ml for $ 25.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
I will start it off. I should note that I am a cigar/pipe smoker and am well-acquainted with the flavor of tobacco-- I have yet to encounter an e-juice, NET or otherwise, that replicates lit tobacco(except London Blend from Want2Vape). Usually they are far from the mark. However, there are lots of tobacco flavors out there that taste like unlit tobacco or raw tobacco (or other things entirely) that are worth pursuing.

Sub ohm a good net in an RDA, the experience is very close to smoking.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
For you folks that have been trying various Cigar flavors, but have not been satisfied with what you getting ...

Get yourself a bottle of Chinese Tobacco Blend "Cohiba Cigar" concentrated flavoring from RTS Vapes. If you DIY your own juice, or even if all you do is buy pre-made juice, add a little of this to the cigar tobacco flavored juice you already have ... it will give your cigar flavored juice the real cigar flavoring and most importantly, that real cigar smell that is missing in the majority of pre-made cigar tobacco flavored e-liquid.

Again, this is a flavoring and [not] a finished e-liquid, so you can't vape it all by itself.

Ingredients: Artificial flavor, tobacco extracts, PG and water

Chinese Tobacco Blend is a 'house blend' of various tobacco flavorings that RTS Vapes sells ... It's Chinese, but is NOT Hangsen or Dekang. I have no idea what Chinese company actually manufactures this flavoring for RTS Vapes, or who there supplier is.

It's out of stock now at RTS Vapes, but they said they just re-ordered more. 30 ml Cohiba Cigar (CT)

This stuff will put the real cigar aroma into cigar type e-liquids that that hardly qualify as "Cigar".

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I absolutely HATE M-Type flavoring and I wish I could confidently buy synthetic tobacco blends knowing that flavoring wasn't in the mix... I ask vendors and many are elusive... I've learned to avoid these elusive vendors -

One that I have had recently that I do like is DFW Vapor's US Cigar... tastes more like a "red" flavoring to me than a cigar - but it's quite nice... currently the only tobacco in my vast arsenal of juices... It's $14 for 30mls...

I want smooth, synthetic tobacco flavors... but without that m-type flavoring and without nutty or smoky tones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread