Switching from Salt to freebase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abady

Jun 25, 2020
When I first quit smoking a little over 2 years ago I started with 50mg closed system pods... then switched to open systems and dropped to 25mg nic with no problems... a while after I was fed up with spit backs and that awful taste in my mouth and moved on to MTL tanks with the same 50/50 25mg liquids.

I mostly use coils with anywhere from 0.7 to 0.9 resistance @ 15-18 wats.

I tried many times to switch to 3-6mg freebase but it never worked for me. Either I feel like I'm blowing air with no throat hit at all or I feel like my throat is getting coated with liquid (no nasty taste or spit back... just an uncomfortable feeling). I don't know why, but I'm guessing higher VG in freebase juices is what's causing this feeling. I know I can get used to lower nicotine intake after a while... but I can't stand the coated throat feeling.

DIY is a no go where I live. Nic salts are usually 50/50, very few are 60/40 and I could never find lower than 25 salts. Freebase are usually 70/30 and range between 3-6mg.

I tried adding a little salt 25 liquid to my freebase 3mg juice to get myself used to it but I still get that throat coat feeling not to mention the missing throat hit.

What should I do? I don't want to give up on freebase juices because I want to reduce my nicotine intake. Is there something in my setup that doesn't work properly with freebase? Should just man up and endure until I get used to freebase in my usual set up? Switch to DL (which I honestly don't prefer)?

Please help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread