Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was just taking this nicotine salts are bad and they kill people argument and comparing it to the gun debate in this country. Then I used the solution some folks come up with for gun violence and applied it to your nicotine salts are dangerous argument. I did this in hopes folks who support banning guns could see the ridiculousness of this solution and if they couldn’t maybe they could relate when something they use was talked about being banned. Banning things adults use and enjoy is never a solution. Actually I was just being a smart ... with that first post but now things have gotten out of hand. I never wanted to have a serious discussion about these issues so I’m going to stop before we start linking to surveys, statistics, and pertinent data to support our positions. When the ramblings of a stark raving madman goes off the rails.
So more or less exactly what i said it seemed like you were doing.

That “black rifle” thing is used by no one except perhaps the extreme far right pretending to characterize the left using ideas and techniques AFAIK the left doesn’t actually use or talk about. I live in one of the biggest cities inside one of the bluest states. I get a reasonable amount of exposure to the hard left. I’m not it, but I’ve seen it. Those things you seem to think are being done and said aren’t actually being done or said.

This is thread is an old one made before the wider CDC investigation you brought up came to pass.

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So more or less exactly what i said it seemed like you were doing.

That “black rifle” thing is used by no one except perhaps the extreme far right pretending to characterize the left using ideas and techniques AFAIK the left doesn’t actually use or talk about. I live in one of the biggest cities inside one of the bluest states. I get a reasonable amount of exposure to the hard left. I’m not it, but I’ve seen it. Those things you seem to think are being done and said aren’t actually being done or said.

This is thread is an old one made before the wider CDC investigation you brought up came to pass.
The “black rifle” thing is just short hand for assault, military, machine-gun, automatic rifle and all the other misguided comments made by people with no knowledge of guns other than they don’t like them. So yes it’s used by people from the right to make fun of the misconceptions of people from the left.
Also it says you are located in Minnesota so you live in one of the smallest cities that barely can be referred to as a city. Not that it matters because it was an idiotic way to qualify yourself as an expert on all things left but yet not part of the left. I tried to end this with my last post but you clearly think you are so clever that everyone must hear your opinions. I hate to break it to you but you are not and no one but yourself wants to hear your opinions. Here’s where I’d say, “so just leave it at that and let this thread get back on track”, but you are so clever there is no way you can.

• Optimistic

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The “black rifle” thing is just short hand for assault, military, machine-gun, automatic rifle and all the other misguided comments made by people with no knowledge of guns other than they don’t like them. So yes it’s used by people from the right to make fun of the misconceptions of people from the left.
the given assumption therefore being then that there aren’t any blues who know anything about guns and so forth. Would you like me to rub your nose in the provable profound falsity of this one or can we just call it a given? Kind of curious who is making these claims about blue state residents that you seem to be believing site unseen.
Also it says you are located in Minnesota so you live in one of the smallest cities that barely can be referred to as a city.
Sort of true. There’s a reason it’s called minneapolis/Saint Paul. They’re two different cities but they form one metro area. By themselves they are the first and second largest cities in the state. Together they have nearly half the population of the entire state in them. This fits with the statement I made. How would this possibly affect my statement in any case? Are you saying “you’re wrong because minnesota is not a large state!” ? How does that possibly make any sense? According to this logic your profile seems to list you as some sort of fetus who speaks corrupted Latin or something. Therefore how could you possibly have an opinion that is worth anything since you haven’t experienced the world or even breathing? It’s dumb.
Not that it matters because it was an idiotic way to qualify yourself as an expert on all things left but yet not part of the left.
. Ah. So you want to take upon yourself to find the reference then. Have fun. Betcha it’s gonna be a pretty weak one. My search said the term was used extremely briefly many years ago and shot down almost immediately by other elements of the left. Which was my point. It’s not even used. Except by people desperately trying to make hay by picking out and isolating brief moments in time and carefully avoiding what actually happened. Kinda like you did.
I tried to end this with my last post but you clearly think you are so clever that everyone must hear your opinions.
You mad bro? You realize your statement can be read right? Making clearly spurious claims about it doesn’t help. A history of changes is kept in the log.
As to the voicing of opinions that is literally the purpose of this site. I voiced one about e-cigarette legislation. You’re the one that went for the G word.
I hate to break it to you but you are not and no one but yourself wants to hear your opinions.
. Right back atcha.
Here’s where I’d say, “so just leave it at that and let this thread get back on track”, but you are so clever there is no way you can.
You make a point there. I have this thing about standing up to personal slander and falsehood wherever I see it. It’s a character flaw.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I’m think of refilling my Alto pods. Do you have to use nic salt based liquids or are freebase liquids okay to use? If either can be used pro/cons of nic salt vs. freebase?
Only tried a nic salt liquid once. Didn’t realize it was a “salt” liquid when I bought it. It was a 3mg eliquid called “Army Man”, which was a key lime something or other.

All I know is that I used it in very familiar equipment and that it made me want to cough, so I’m trying to stay away from nic salt eliquids going forward. (Too bad in a way; it tasted pretty good, imo.)

That said, it could well be that it was the lime or other flavoring that was actually the culprit, rather that the nic salt formulation. <shrug>

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Only tried a nic salt liquid once. Didn’t realize it was a “salt” liquid when I bought it. It was a 3mg eliquid called “Army Man”, which was a key lime something or other.

All I know is that I used it in very familiar equipment and that it made me want to cough, so I’m trying to stay away from nic salt eliquids going forward. (Too bad in a way; it tasted pretty good, imo.)

That said, it could well be that it was the lime or other flavoring that was actually the culprit, rather that the nic salt formulation. <shrug>
Quite probably the flavor. Lime can be quite harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread