suppliers for blank horizontal coil cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

somethingbeginningwithk

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
NZ
It's hard to picture without seeing a pic of the protected coils to compare. When my cartos get retired I pull them apart, but I pull the guts out of them, I don't cut the metal. To me they've looked exactly the same. I'll be taking pics next time, and I'll pull a kanger and a SI carto apart at the same time.

Oh, I'm using 808's btw. That pic is a 510. I'm not sure if there would be a difference.

Last edited:

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
So I got my cartos in and I'm curious. The one I've opened from smokeless image is metering around 3.2 ohms. Is that normal from them, Granted i know these are meant for small batteries so you aren't supposed use low resistance but 3+ohms is a pretty anemic vape. I was expecting somewhere around 2.5ohms. I've used as low as 2ohms on other cigalike batteries with no real problems.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
So I got my cartos in and I'm curious. The one I've opened from smokeless image is metering around 3.2 ohms. Is that normal from them, Granted i know these are meant for small batteries so you aren't supposed use low resistance but 3+ohms is a pretty anemic vape. I was expecting somewhere around 2.5ohms. I've used as low as 2ohms on other cigalike batteries with no real problems.
Well let me correct myself. Turns out my mulimeter was not zeroing out correctly anymore. Anyways all the ones from SI and the Kanger branded ones meterd between 2.6-2.8 ohms. Also turns out the juice I used in that first one was a bit defective. It was a couple years old and not really stored correctly. So both types of cartos performed admirably. I just cut one from each brand open. Surprise surprise both of them seem to be exactly the same on the inside. Sorry I dont have any pictures right now but I'll work on it. Now I just got to find a vendors who carries some kangers in 2.0 ohm.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

somethingbeginningwithk

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
NZ
I prefer to buy from vendors that are in the States, but that's just me.
I was browsing StormysVaporCellar today and noticed them there....link.

Well that makes sense, because you'd get them so much quicker :) i'd happily buy from here in new zealand if the prices were competitive, but $2 for a carto by itself isn't worth it unless I was desperate.

somethingbeginningwithk

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
NZ
Have any of the previous posters on here ever cut open their cartos and determined definitevely whether the so called "protected" horizontal coils are available from anywhere other than SI? Are the ones you get from Kanger designed the same way?

I haven't yet but I plan to. Someone else has tried it recently, I'm not sure of the thread now but it was here in the 808 forum. Her (?) verdict was that they are no different.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
I haven't yet but I plan to. Someone else has tried it recently, I'm not sure of the thread now but it was here in the 808 forum. Her (?) verdict was that they are no different.

20120924_164018.jpg 20120924_164038.jpg
I'm not sure if you were referring to me or not. but I did cut open one from smokeless image and a kanger and I couldn't tell any difference. I attached some pics this time. Oh and btw I'm a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread