Suggestion for sub-forums with-in the Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
I've noticed that after posting an item for sale in the Classifieds that it doesn't take long for your item to get buried 3 to 5 pages back due to the popularity of this forum. Hence the need to bump shortly after posting. I was thinking that it would make more sense to sub-divide the Classifieds into specific sub-forums. This would not only give the seller better exposure by not having his or her item quickly buried in the back pages, but would aid the buyer in having to only search the specific category for the item they are interested in versus the whole forum. Here are the categories I suggest........

* E-juice - this forum is for the buying, selling and trading of all e-juice.

* PV - this forum is for the buying, selling and trading of used mods, used e-cig kits and their accessories included with the sale.

* Accessories - this forum is for the buying, selling and trading of batts, attys, cartomizers, chargers, drip tips, DIY supplies, etc.

* Collections - this forum is for the buying, selling and trading of assorted items being offered in a group or one lot. All items are transacted as a group with no cherry picking of individual items. Assorted items can be a mix of juice, bats, mods, etc.

The downside to having these sub-forums is that the Moderators may see an increase in having to moving threads to the proper sub-forum and sellers of multiple items will have to post in several of the sub-forums.

My :2c::2c:

Cokeybill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2011
True North(Ont.)
May take up some space, but that sounds like an idea. I suppose the vendors may think differently as it does cut into their sales somewhat. North American vendors do have alot of competition via China and members do resell chinese PV products. I do see your point though with posts getting buried quickly even with bumps.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
Personally, I would rather have it the way it currently is. If you go dividing it, and a person has more than one item to sell, they can only make 2 threads. A lot of people would miss out on some stuff they use.

Yes, if you go by the current rule of only two active threads. If this rule were modified to allow one active thread per sub-forum a person would be able to sell/trade/want to buy in each of the appropriate categories and the Classified forum as a whole would only gain two extra posting as compared to the old way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread