Stupid tracking info - Intent to receive package

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
First I've seen one of these. The e-cig vendor is now sending it's Intent to send a package to the post office and that intent is sent to you as tracking info. The post office doesn't even HAVE the package yet. I think they should wait until they at least have the package. This info does you no good. What if the shipper waits 3 days to get the package to the post office? I'd rather know the package was in route from the shipper to the post office.

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 28, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I get a tracking number sometimes two days before it is received / processed through USPS - that is the vendors that have on-line tracking and setting up of mailing their packages. It means they got you a tracking number, but it could be sitting in their shipping section waiting to be sent to USPS.

I also get the expected delivery date email a few hours before it is delivered (lol)...

Serianna

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
San Diego
Wow I guess I have been lucky. Never had any tracking issues as of yet (beyond the getting the tracking number before it has even shipped.) Worst thing I have happen is because I live so rurally, and my last name is the same as a lot of other folks around here (or so our mail lady has said) is that when someone temps for our mail lady, my packages wind up at some one elses house on the other side of "town". Thank goodness they like me at the post office, and the the supervisor will drive out and pick up the package for me, and come hand deliver it to my doorstep :)

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I'm not sure about this every time I sent something with usps I ask for tracking and they give me delivery confirmation and I've been able to track it all the way through it's journey
also note.....

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

all that does is say when it was delivered, you may not get any tracking.
Tracking and "delivery confermation" are two different services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread