Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscott827

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Maryland
I apologize ahead of time if I am posting this in the incorrect place. I need some advice from others who may have struggled with the same thing that I have. I am struggling to give up those last few cigarettes a day. It seems that I can't give up the morning one and the night one and sometimes when the workday gets stressed. Anyone have any advice for someone who really wants to get off those last few cigarettes??

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
stress should never be an "excuse" to smoke. get that out of your mind, it's just that, and "excuse" to smoke. to help you with the morning and night smoking, leave your cigs in the car and have your PV with you at all times. so that way, you have to get up and go to your car to get your smokes, it will make it just a little harder for you than to just pop one in your mouth and light up. since you have your PV on you the whole time, it will make you just say, I'll just vape instead. try vaping stronger PG at those times to give you that head rush.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Sorry you're having problems.

I would suggest making sure you have higher nicotine for those times. Also, what pv are you using? Higher voltage may help.

How long have you been vaping? I didn't quit immediately (didn't try to) I slowly realized I enjoyed vaping (and not smelling!) much better than smoking. Don't pressure yourself too much.

If higher nicotine and higher voltage don't help, maybe look into WTA liquid.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/230570-wta-e-liquid-issues.html

Last edited:

stumpfreeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Forest Lake, MN
Maybe keep a tank around that has a little stronger nic juice in it? When you have those cravings, grab that one and see if it helps. Sounds like your 90% of the way, YOU CAN DO IT!! When I first started and had those cravings, I would hit my PV HARD for up to 10 minutes and the cravings did subside. I think E-cigs are great for quitting but it does take a bit of will power at first. All I can tell you is that it does get ALOT easier after the first 2 weeks without any tobacco whatsoever. Your body is craving a lot more than nicotine. Keep at it and don't give up. You may need to upgrade your device for a better vape. What are you using right now?

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
I couldn't give up the last couple until I switched to WTA e-liquid / snus.

The WTA seems expensive, but bear in mind you don't need a lot of it. My method was to vape 'normal' e-liquid until I really wanted a cigarette, then vape Wholecig unflavoured WTA for a few minutes.

Worked fine, and I only got through ~3 drops at a time, a few times a day.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I couldn't give up the last couple until I switched to WTA e-liquid / snus.

The WTA seems expensive, but bear in mind you don't need a lot of it. My method was to vape 'normal' e-liquid until I really wanted a cigarette, then vape WTA for a few minutes.

Worked fine, and I only got through ~3 drops at a time, a few times a day.

I wish I would have bought some WTA when I first started vaping. It takes that edge off for me. I got some unflavored and just mix a few drops with my other liquids. Still experimenting with the ratio for me. I could only get a 7.5ml bottle of it. I vape some in the morning and usually do not have to vape anymore with WTA for the day.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
^^^^^^What everyone else said^^^^^^^^

Try higher nic juice in the mornings and at times of stress.
Leave those cities on top of the fridge. It's inconvent and they go stale faster :)
Vape like a fiend for the next 3 days, then go back to what you normally do.

If you DO break down and smoke, don't beat yourself up about it. The more you stress about it the less likely you will be motivated to quit due to the negative stress you cause yourself.

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
I was there. For several months. Then I got down to one a day for a couple more. It has honestly only been the last week or so I haven't had a major craving for a cigarette. But I never got there until it was mentally a "no harm no foul" situation. As long as I stressed, worried, and really really wanted to quit smoking, I continued to smoke. Slowly I began to accept what I have been telling others. It really is no harm, no foul at this point. Rather than looking at the 2-3 you Are smoking, try looking at the 15-30 you aren't. And relax. I had to boost to 24mg.... then I had to quit worrying about it. I can honestly say that I had one half cigarette on the 2nd. Other than that half, I haven't had a whole cigarette in about ten days. Will I never ever Ever have another smoke? Can't say. I do know that I am not going to worry about it anymore, because it is still a heck of a lot better off than I was last year at this time.

I should mention that I still roll smokies for one stubborn member of my family. If I can roll 'em and not smoke 'em.....you can too.
but quit stressing about it, or you never will. One day at a time. :D

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I apologize ahead of time if I am posting this in the incorrect place. I need some advice from others who may have struggled with the same thing that I have.
I am struggling to give up those last few cigarettes a day.
It seems that I can't give up the morning one and the night one and sometimes when the workday gets stressed. Anyone have any advice for someone who really wants to get off those last few cigarettes??

hi mscott827,

it's no big deal

just get your vaping correct and soon enuff you will like vaping BETER than - ye `ole stinkies

it will come to ya, your main goal is to get...

"battery" - "topper" - "juice" , that satisfies you and it's 'game over'

before you know it people will start calling you names

quitter - non smoker, etc. (but you'll get used to it) :D

you can do it - Good Luck

:2cool:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
What everyone said. I'm down to 10-12mg after a year for the most part, but I still have stronger stuff around and loaded up for stressful times and irritating people. lol I have WTA too, it helped a lot but now i use it sporadically. One other thing that helped me is researching the substances in cigarettes, the advertising tactics of BT, the lies and deceit. It made me so mad...they don't get a dime from me ever again, not even their ecigs.
Be kind to yourself, it'll happen.

Daisey Moonshine

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Chicago, Il
You're not the only one triggered by mornings and mayhem. When my boyfriend wakes up in a rotten mood, he turns the whole house upside down. I light up a cig to keep my cool, otherwise it could lead to bloodshed and tears and possibly restraining orders.

My main problem is that I actually enjoy smoking and I'm having a pretty hard time with that, but I keep trying to quit for good. I think others have more stamina than I do. Like people who can quit whenever they want to. They're so irritating... LOL

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Go to a B & M (if there's one nearby) and hit their juice bar!!!!

I think when everything is said and done, if you don't have:
1. Juice you ENJOY
2. A high Nic level
3. A Decent delivery system
4.........and KNOW your old smoking habits, ie, in the morning, on the phone, after a meal, etc.,........
........it's going to be a bit tough!:blink:

I'm 3 days away from 1 year of being smoke free, and 2013 sucked, I put it up there with the top 10 years that were total FUBAR, if I had a reason to smoke during that time, just waking up and having to DEAL with all the BS was enough to pick up a smoke. Example: My BF of 10 years is a Viet Nam vet with war related PTSD, is Bi-Polar, and the Agent Orange just started showing it's effects this past year, still taking tests to see if he has Alzheimer's. That's just one of the "normal" things I've had to wake up to. My house is plastered with yellow post it notes: "Turn Stove Off", "Lock Gate", "Flush Toilet", etc., etc.

I need to be healthy so I can make it through this, he's not going to.

Lock your cigs in your vehicle trunk. Stash all your lighters in an entirely different place. Keep your vape gear close, like one of your appendages! Switch out your juice every few hours or every other time you vape. Mimic every smoking habit you have, substituting your vape: the phone, morning coffee, sitting at the computer, etc., etc.

It's not how many smokes you had, it's how many you didn't.

33 years Camel "Humps" (NF) and RYO Drum. Big tobacco can kiss my ***!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread