Still can't decide, Ego, Xhaler or Prodigy V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libertysf

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
SF Bay Area
I am relatively new to the e-cigs and have stopped using analogs with my 510. I have had some battery isssues so I have decided to step up to one of the longer lasting battery MOD's. I have read a lot of reviews and everyone seems to have their favorites and it seems that the Janty eGo, Nhaler Xhaler and Puresmoker Prodigy V2 are the current favorites.

My criteria is; First long battery life with reasonably priced replacement batteries. Second smaller size, quality and good looking. Finally possible the availability of HV vaping like 5v.

I would probably like to stay with my 510 attys but I have also ordered a BE112 to try out the 801 attys and have a KR8 so those may also be options I would want.

I also have been looking at the Super-Six @ Super T manufacturing. These are a little more expensive but look real nice.

Last edited:
eGo: Nice compact design for all day vaping at 3.7V
Prodigy V2: Attractive design with the increased vapor production of 5V
Xhaler: Roughly the same size as the Prodigy, but with 3.7V, 5V, and 6V operation.

I know that I'm biased because I really like my Xhaler, but you pretty much described it in your requirements:

• long battery life: For 5V/6V operation, it uses the same batteries as the Prodigy V2. For 3.7V, you can use a 17670 with 1800mAH
  • reasonably priced replacement batteries: $4ea seems reasonable to me.
  • Second smaller size: The Xhaler is approximately 120mm tall with a 20mm diameter. The eGo is obviously smaller, but the Prodigy V2 is approximately the same size.
  • quality: Made from aircraft aluminum, brass, and Delrin.
  • good looking: Obviously this is subjective. I think it looks very nice.
  • availability of HV vaping like 5v: Xhaler is the only model that has 3.7V and 5V in one unit. The prodigy V2 starts out at 5.8V under load and then drops below 5V as the battery depletes. The Xhaler starts at about 5.4V under load and when the voltage drops below where you like it, you can simply loosen the resistor cap to bump it back up. (After using it a little while, you can taste the difference)
  • have a KR8: I'm vaping a GreenCig carto at 5V on my Xhaler right now.

Last edited:

Promise

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Sin City

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a silver bullet, which is a great device, if a bit large. The BB is smaller, and fits nicely in the hand. Both have long last batteries, the SB ones can last DAYS, and the alternative to go 6v with different batteries.

They come ready for 510 atomizers, they also sell small adapters for 801, 901 and KR808. I've used them all, and 3.7v and 6v and they work great.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I own a Prodigy V2 it never worked right. Came with a de-threaded adaptor and only fired 1 out of 4 times. Returned it to Prodigy for a replacement they take at least 3-4 days from time of receipt to return it to you and it came back defective also.

I loved the way the Prodigy Vaped when it was working but since it was defective from almost day 1 and the replacement was defective I simply can't recommend it.

Just ordered a xhaler from Drew. Wish me luck.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Hey libertysf - this is pretty much my own dilema and pretty much the same devices Ive been looking at as well (inc the chuck) lol
I love love my 510 and really dont want to not use the atty any longer - its my fave performing one. I am getting interested in a battery mod though but I also would like one that lets me vape at various voltages (really more 3.7 and 5v rather than 6v though) rather than getting a bunch of different battery mods - I'm not made of money after all :D
Im going to be watching this thread with interest on people's ideas/thoughts about which one suits your criteria best as it might suit mine too :)

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The eGo for a 3.7V device, it performs like a 5V. It's classy looking, something you wouldn't be ashamed of tooting while wearing a suit.

It does not have any switch problems and battery life is between 6-8hrs with a recharge time of 2.5hrs from dead. For a 650mAh battery it actually performs more in the 800mAh range. This is truely a 650mAh battery, not an overrated battery. It is stock 510 and can be fitted with all the adapters to accept different attys. Best of all, the carts, 901 and 510 can be used with a come, and until you actually vape with the cone, you cannot explain the difference. Before you jump on any bandwagon however, I would strongly urge you to try them out, especially the eGo or Tornado (same PV).

HV vaping can be accomplished on the eGo with the 510 LR atty.

EasyVapin

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Enterprise, Alabama, United States
I went with the eGo purely b/c I had just gotten back into vaping with a 510, which I enjoyed, but hated the battery life. I went to order a GGTS & the guy there basically told me to go with a 3.7V PV first, if my only experience to date had been with a 510 (used a 901 for a small period of time before this) and get used to it before going with such an expensive mod having never tried HV vaping before. I'm very happy I got that advice because, for the most part, I love my eGo. I have since found dripping and using the eGo, along with a DrewTip, I can't remember the last time I tasted eliquid in my mouth.

Now that I've tried a LR 510 atty (simulate HV vaping) with my eGo, I must say that I can definitely "feel" enough of a difference that I understand what people are talking about between 3.7V vaping & HV vaping. It's probably to a much lesser degree than an actual 5V or 6V battery, but I don't have to take anywhere near as big of a draw to get what I consider to be a much stronger throat hit & a lot more vapor. The one downside is my liquid burns up quicker & my taste is diminished enough that I can tell a little bit of a difference. I've also heard that these atty's burn up much quicker but I have a hard time imagining me going back to the regulars.

Not sure if that's any help, so I'll quit rambling. Just wanted to say that my experience going from a 510 to a Janty eGo has been very pleasant & I've gotten enough great customer service from Janty to know that any product they come out with will be a huge success. I plan on sticking with mine for awhile & will try something else at some point in the future. This is more than fine for me right now & I have to admit I was more than skeptical even after finding the 510. Now if I could only find an all day vape to make me completely forget my Marlboro Milds so that I could go from 3 packs every 2 weeks (was a pack a day smoker) to none at all! :)

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Everyone knows this thread is from January, right?

OMG!!!
embarassed.gif

ahheh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread