Sticking Switch - Protege

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Hey Eclypse,

We're not in on the weekends, thus the reason the ticket wasn't answered until today. From time to time, I'll log into the ticket system over the weekend, but for the most part, from Friday after 5 until Monday at 10, we're taking our puresmoker weekend breaks. I replied to your ticket this morning, and you're all set.

:) No prob.. understand.

I just mailed mine off in a small priority box hehe.. just could'nt deal with thinking it would get lost in an envolope.

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
The brass appears to be flush with the top of the tube and sticks out over the black plastic part. It seems to be working fine now, just clicking when depressed. I had just noticed that when I took it apart last night, but it worked fine then. I was just posting that experience in case it shed any light on sticky switch solution...I am electrically challenged...can you tell? LOL

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
No need Lotus ... Just added a note to your order to ship a free tact switch with your order :)

Just got my order today, fast shipping as usual. The tact switch was packed in with the 2 spare batteries I ordered in the bubble wrap. Yup, I didn't see it and when I snipped off the end of the bubble wrap I snipped it in half! :lol:

I don't know who put the curse on these switches but I don't wanna mess with 'em! 8-o

Hope you'll have some full switch assemblies up for sale on your site fairly soon. My original is still fine, but a backup would be very nice. :)

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Florida
My button depresses (Not per say Stuck) but when I put the atty on it fires up without hitting the button? I have taken it apart and wiped it all down but still the same. once the atty makes contact with the adapter (after a couple of screws on) it fires up without touching the switch (Button) what do I do?

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Just got mine back in the mail! YAHOOO! Back in buisness :) Thank you guys at Puresmoker!

I'll be sure to pick up a protigy and a couple extra switches just encase when i come into some money with my tax return or sooner ;)

I'd love to see you guys start carring silver 510 attys so it would match better with your mods. Oh and some 510 flat tip carts would'nt hurt either.

Fast turn around, top notch customer service!

daviddoughty1

Jul 19, 2009
Oklahoma
I also have a switch problem, resistance is about 3 ohms depressed and about 100 ohms not depressed. Enough bleedthrough for a slow burn and really hot protege at all times.
Should I just mail in the switch itself or the complete delrin/switch assembly?
Is it possible to buy a few tact switches as spares if either my prodigy or the wifes protege acts up again?
Thanks Again

digitalmechanic

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
with the protege and then I find out that my shocking the **** out of myself with the PS. I thought maybe there was a sharp edge on my laptop, or something as it wasn't happening all the time.

Apparently if you are touching any of the metal on the PS and resting on your laptop (in this case macbook pro), you will get the buzzing feeling similar to touching your tongue to a battery.

I've confirmed that it happens with any kind of metal and not just my macbook pro. Conducting electricity like this can't be good for you. I wonder what kind of impact it has on one's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread