Steps to Change from Analog to E

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooCat

Oct 26, 2011
NYC
I will say it was a "mind over matter" thing in the beginning for me. I resolved to not purchase any analog cigs to reduce temptation and kept on vaping. I found the comfort of lifting the ecig to my lips and puffing helped alot.
I am new to vaping so I can't give you technical advice on what unit to use but I can say this RESEARCH, RESEARCH RESEARCH. And don't be afraid to try and sometimes fail. You may need to go through different units or juices until you find what best fits your taste. I started on a BLU cig unit which really didn't give me much of a menthol feeling as I had with my pack to 1/2 pack a day Newport 100's addiction. But I googled and found how to inject my own juice into the carts and that helped. Now from my research here I have purchased a Riva with LR carts which I will fill with my fav Johnson Creek juice and this will suit my needs for now. Who knows if I will go on to try others. In the end it will be what helps you personally cope. And trust me, there are plenty of great people on this forum who are more then willing to help you.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Some things that helped me switch

1 - getting suitable equipment for your habit (and if you have a slim ecig I think manuals are better - much easier to get a good hit) and suitable nicotine level and finding juices that hit the spot for you. If you equipment is weak or inflexible, try something else.

2 - make it harder to smoke cigs. I had to carry them as a security blanket for 2 weeks in case my equipment screwed up. But I carried them in the wrong pocket on the wrong side of my body. My ecigs went in the pocket where my cigs used to be. That eliminated an accidental lighting up. And as soon as I felt comfortable doing so I moved the cigarettes and lighter to a zip lock bag in the car trunk.

3 - If you have an urge for a cig, vape first

4 - remove ecig stresses - for any ecig you depend on buy spares (spare battery, spare cartomizers or atomizers, spare juice, spare charger for home so you can charge 2 batteries and one for at work). I even started to carry another model as a backup. Hard to screw up charging both. Take that extra battery and set it up overnight to remove bedtime and morning stress. Late evening I put all of the daytime stuff on to charge and take the spare battery off the charger. I use cartomizers (which just work, vs atomizer & cart) and I vape the spare until bedtime and whenever I get up it is right there ready to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread