Steam Crave Meson RTA - Review by Javichu

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hi there folks,time for another review from yours truly.

Today i will be reviewing the steam crave Meson RTA that was sent to me by my friends of Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

Keeping in line my with way of doing my reviews i am posting some nice pics with all the important info regarding this tank so you can get a comprehensive feel with just a quick glance.

Colors:

colors.jpg

Contents in the box:

contents.JPG

Dimensions:

dimensions.JPG

Breakdown:

break down.jpg

Disassemble:

disassemble.JPG

Top fill:

top fill.JPG

Deck:

deck.jpg

Unboxing and first impressions:

Cute litte box with a nice velvet like material lingin the interior,got the tank,baggie with spare o-rings/spare screws,3 point triangle shaped screwdriver thingy,bubble glass and some reading material.

The tank is smaller than i thought it would be,this is not a bad thing its just an observation.
Love the bubble glass,takes the capacity from 5ml to 6ml but this is not like a big bubble glass,kinda stream lined so it makes it look sexy without the curves...if that makes any sense hehe.

I took it all apart to give it a thorough wash,just recommended you do this with all tanks that you buy.
Lot of components with this ''little'' tank so once clean and dried off i took a look to see the quality of the build,gotta say i am impressed.
Even thou they went for the old school screw all the way top cap (instead of the 1/4 current trend) it was smooth as butter,that right there speaks volumes of the quality of this tank.

Vaping time:

I normally don't watch/read reviews of a device i will be reviewing so it doesn't affect my review but in this case i had to watch a video review beforehand (sound muted) so i could put it all back together.

For this review i decided to try out the coils from a Spanish Brand:

Lolito Coils ''Amon''
2.5 mm
Alien full Ni80
0.33ohm
5 wraps

Deck is fully exposed to putting the coil was pretty easy,cut it down to 4mm and in no time i had the coil ready to go.
Stabilized the coil and it was ready to be wicked,now here is where my problems started...
Keep in mind i haven't wicked a coil in months,been using drop in coils exclusively so yeah i was rusty,clumsy and felt like a bull in a china shop.
Took me about 15 minutes and several attempts to properly get it wicked,yeh i know that is a long time,keep in mind that is ALL on me,nothing to do with the tank.

Ok so finally got the tank with a new coil and properly wicked so i took the ''top''of the tank put it on top and unscrewed the whole thing from my mod,screwed in the bottom cap and presto i was ready.

Tank filled up and screwed on top of my mod,so time to huff and puff and see how it goes.

Thought i would start low (ohm reading at 0.31) so i started at 28 watts with the airflow fully open.
Nice restricted hit,if you looking for an ''airy'' DTL tank this is not it but i enjoy restrictiveness so yeah first impression was good.
A bit hotter at 28 watts than i expected so i knew that my sweet spot wasn't going to be much higher,as you all know i prefer cooler vapes than hotter ones.

Left it at 28 watts for a couple of hours,then decided to keep on cranking it up until i reached my sweet spot,at 33 watts is where i achieved pure vaping nirvana.
The clouds parted and a Neil Patrick Harris riding a Unicorn landed right in front of me,this time the airflow was closed halfway and this tank hit like a Mack truck.

Flavorful vape with good cloud production,clean and crisp flavors with each puff,as per usual i was using my Shiva aroma 70/30 with 6mg nic and all the flavor profile of the aroma was there for my enjoyment.

I decided to test out another flavor,this one is done by a friend of mine who just released a new e-liquid.Biscuit with caramelized sugar and a creamy mandarin filling.
Keep in mind i do not like sweet like e-liquids,but i wanted to try it out with a different flavor profile so after using the tank with my usual Shiva for a day and a half it was time to shake things up..

For cleaning purposes (pure maintenance) or just changing e-liquid flavors this tank does require a bit more of work compared to others.
Not that much thou,unscrew the bottom and remove the base,unscrew the chimney,remove the honey comb inlet and you are ready to give it a good rinse.

Yeh even if i don't enjoy the sweetness of this new e-liquid (after a few puffs its just overbearing) i gotta admit this tank is a flavor banger.

Pros:

-Quality build,even the threading is top notch.
-Aesthetically it looks good,tall but slim in nature.
-Flavor on point,honey comb inlet does its job and then some.
-Personally i like the way the top cap has to be screwed in all the way,some are just quarter turn and with time can get loose.
-Bubble glass not so bubbly,a bit slimmer which doesn't make the tank look like a flower vase,i dig it.

Cons:

-Difference in design when it comes to the base and the extra steps needed when it comes to wicking ''maybe'' a con,in my case it wasn't what i consider a con but we all different.
-When its time to clean the tank you do have some more work when compared to other tanks,not much thou but there are more components you gotta make sure you put together correctly to make sure the tank is in working order

Would i recommend this tank:

All in all this is one good tank,when it comes to quality of the materials,design,looks and the quality of the vape it delivers.
So if you're in the market for a single coil RDL tank look no further,this right here is the one you want.

Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this tank for review purposes,below is a link if you decide to give it a look:

Thanks to everyone for reading my review,hope you liked it :)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Why are the mods closing threads after the topic posters are done shilling for a $30 reward in hardware? Such a sham this forum.

This is really a question for Site feedback and Help but I'll answer you here anyway since you hijacked this review thread.
Staff does not close threads unless there is a major problem or the OP requests closure.
However...the SYSTEM automatically closes threads if there have been no responses for 90 days. Sham ? :lol:

Reactions: hittman

Ripp

Aug 19, 2023
Hey guys i have a meson and ive put an alien 3mm id .3 ohms i keep wicking it and the flavour just isnt there i did under wick and flav was good until it flooded lmao should i be making the coil smaller? I dont have 2.5id but i could just tighten up the 3mm. Or should i just keep trying to wick it right and thin out the ends more than i have been??

Users who are viewing this thread