Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's have a look at the tank steam crave Meson RTA sent to me by @sourcemore online shop. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Steam Crave Meson RTA; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. Single coil RTA for restricted airflow
    • 2. The honeycomb airflow hits the coil directly
    • 3. Ideal airflow for powers between 20 and 50W
    • 4. Adjustable top airflow, no leakage
    • 5. Single coil deck, easy to build and wick
    • 6. 5ml/6ml capacity
    • 7. Wide Drip Tip 810
    • 8. Perfect match with Hadron Lite Box Mod and Hadron Mini Box Mod

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-2.jpg

► Steam Crave Meson RTA; Packaging:
    The matte black package reports on the front; the logo and the name of the manufacturer which are highlighted in red, the stylized image of the Tank and the black writing on a red background "The Best Single Coil RTA!".

On the back of the box are reported; the scratch & check, a barcode, logos and legal trademarks. While on the remaining sides we find various indications, among which; the color of the sample contained in the package, the address of Steamcrave and the numerical code "SC214".

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-3.jpg

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-4.jpg

► Steam Crave Meson RTA; Packing List:
    • 1* Meson RTA
    • 1* 6ml convex glass
    • 1* Bag with O-rings and screws
    • 1* Allen key
    • 1* Steam Crave Sticker
    • 1* User Manual

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-5.jpg

► Steam Crave Meson RTA; Specifications:
    • Material: Stainless steel
    • Diameter: 25mm
    • Deck: Postless Single coil
    • Airflow: Top adjustable
    • Filling system: Top threaded
    • Capacity: 5/6ml
    • Drip Tips: 810
    • Contact pin: Gold plated

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-6.jpg

► Steam Crave Meson RTA; Available colours:
    • Stainless Steel
    • Gunmetal
    • Black

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-7.jpg

► Steam Crave Meson RTA; First Impressions:
    Steam Crave is a well-known brand among passionate vapers, thanks above all to the numerous editions of the famous Aromamizer vaporizers. Steam Crave is a registered trademark in US and EU, its devices are designed by international engineering team and are made by Chinese ecig manufacturer Beautiful Technology Group Co., Ltd, which has 11 years experience in this sector. I have enjoyed several devices from Steam Crave and I must say that most of them are uncompromisingly crafted for the best vaping experience while offering affordable products of the highest quality. When I received Meson RTA I immediately thought of placing it on the SBS Hadron Lite Mod and I must say that I got a perfect match. Thanks to the reduced diameter of 25mm you can therefore install Meson RTA on some SBS Mods such as the Hadron but also like the Brunhilde by Vapefly. Using the convex glass present in the kit you will not be able to use these SBS Mods but you will have to install Meson RTA on a traditional type Mod; in this case a dual battery Mod could really be for you.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-8.jpg

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-9.jpg

Starting to handle Meson RTA you immediately realize that this is a quality vaporizer, with an attractive appearance, nice engravings, good finishes and with a solid structure. The 810 drip-tip is held energetically in the top cap by an internal oring, to extract the cap you have to unscrew it a few turns counterclockwise, then through two huge slots you can introduce 5 or 6ml of e-liquid into the tank, depending on the glass which you decide to use.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-10.jpg

So the top cap and the bottom base are the parts that can be quickly separated from the tank. To replace the glass, insert a simple 2 cent coin into the upper notch of the fireplace and extract the air control system. Furthermore, you can continue to separate the various elements of Meson RTA (there are many pieces) but in the end your washing and cleaning operations will be really effective and you will easily reach every smallest detail.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-11.jpg

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-12.jpg

Now I will briefly try to explain to you how the air control system works and how it is done. The AFC regulation takes place via a ring which regulates the opening of two opposing slots. The airflow descends from top to bottom and then spreads inside the bell thanks to a honeycomb structure that uses a total of 18 optimally directed holes on the coil to obtain a wide coverage for a greater aromatic yield. Subsequently the steam goes up through the chimney.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-13.jpg

The honeycomb structure can be separated from the chimney, in the image below you can easily guess its final position right above the deck and coil.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-14.jpg

Meson RTA uses a postless deck that can be disassembled through two cross screws. The deck is a good size for the correct installation of a single 2.5/3mm diameter coil, the only caveat is that you have to cut the coil legs to a pre-established length before inserting them into the holes. To install the resistance you will need to use the orange toolkit and unscrew the small lateral Allen screws. Then you will have to insert the legs of the coil into the appropriate holes and tighten the screws.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-15.jpg

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-16.jpg

The cotton must be inserted into the slots without pressing it too much, just place it in the tanks to obtain a smooth and regular feed. I used the lines marked with the letter "A" to show you the cotton placed in the draw slots and its remainder inside them (visible) in the lower part of the deck. You can also see two lines marked with the letter "B"; this is to show you how the deck should fit into the bell; you have to match the two metal tabs of the deck with the two respective housings in the bell.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-17.jpg

The caseback is knurled on the surface and inside it contains a thread to allow you to screw it solidly to the Tank. Inside the bottom you can see a large oring on the perimeter, while in the center of the through hole there is another oring to make the Meson RTA airtight. The 510 Thread has a sliding thread like the others and the Pin can be adjusted, also the Pin is finely gold plated for better electrical conductivity.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-18.jpg

► Steam Crave Meson RTA; Vaping Test & Final Conclusions:
    Steam Crave recommends using a resistance with an internal diameter of 2.5mm for a power range between 20 and 50W, I found in my hands a preassembled coil of a complex type and of unknown material, with a diameter of 3mm, I decided to try it. With the resistor I used I found a resistive value of 0.37Ω. The liquid I chose for this test was TOB Hypnos diluted 10% in a 50:50 VG/PG base with 3mg/ml of boost. The coil installation operations were not complex at all and the cotton arrangement was simple and intuitive, the build immediately provided a good supply of e-liquid to the coil. With a selected power of 30W and with AFC wide open I obtained a fairly wide air flow, lots of dense vapor with a good flavor, by slightly closing the air slots the vapor takes on a warmer tone, the hit in the throat increases and the flavor becomes tastier and more concentrated. I also appreciated the fact that the tank does not get hot and the puffs are silent, evidently the noise is effectively soundproofed by the robust steel structure of the Meson RTA. I really liked the kind of "airiness" you get with the Meson, in this test I used an "intermediate" coil for 30W of power, but I really think that also with other types of coils suitable for lower or higher powers it is possible to obtain equally valid results thanks to this excellent type of air ducting. The finishes and assembly of the Meson RTA are really nice and precise, the only precaution is that you have to make sure you tighten the chimney well using a coin, tighten hard and you will not have any loosening of pieces during the adjustment operations air and tank filling. I would have preferred the presence of some cotton laces and some coils, however in the kit there are a convex glass and numerous spare orings, so as far as the equipment is concerned, you can turn a blind eye also considering the excellent aromatic yield of Meson RTA which also guarantees the complete absence of liquid leaks.

• Steam Crave Meson RTA can be purchased for the affordable price of $31.59 on Sourcemore using this link:

• Thank you for reading.

Steam-Crave-Meson-RTA-19.jpg

Last edited:

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Great review! I just have one question, where did you get the 2 cent coin? I know the US made some back in the 1800's but haven't seen one in person before.
    Thank You :thumb:
    This is the currency that is currently used in Europe. This is 2 Euro cents (€) there is also 1 Euro cent (€)
    s-l500.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Good review buddy.

Always been intrigued by the RTAs from Steam Crave,might put it in my wish list now that it seems i am back with Sourcemore.

And i love the widebore drip tip,for folks like me with who are on the big side when it comes to lip size it sure feels comfortable.

Cheers bud
    Thank you :thumb:

Reactions: Javichu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread