• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Statewide Smoking/Vaping Ban - Bill introduced Jan 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I can be there anytime... how early are you thinking?... I can send out emails with the location and ask people to check into the thread if they're coming... we could always start early and if some have to come a little later that's ok... most of the time we've gotten together, four or five hours pass in a blink before we start wrapping it up...

also, might want to call them first since sounds like we're going to have quite a few vapers descend upon them...

Regarding the meet-up in Lexington. I plan on going very much. However, today I smashed the front of my car swerving to miss a dog and hit a parked truck. Funny, the truck did not have a scratch on it, while my car (although driveable) looks like it belongs in a junk yard. Hopefully I will have it fixed by week's end, in which case I would gladly drive anyone needing a ride down there (I really *am* a safe driver: the dog thing was a fluke!). If I can't have it fixed by week's end, I may be needing a ride from someone else (I would split gas of course). I also also have a Grand Cherokee I could take, providing I remember to get the tags renewed in the next day or so. It's not quite as good on gas, but of course more people could fit in there if necessary, so feel free to PM me if you think you'll need a ride. I'm in Louisville, so I can pick up anyone near 64 between here and there. I also lived in Lexington almost ten years, so I'm familiar with the area.

Last edited:

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Are you seriously not hurt? Hi again.
I would love to lent you my ride. but i in Singapore. Well somedays, i going to go there and meet up with you guys but first i going to fix our already e-cig ban issue in Singapore.

Regarding the meet-up in Lexington. I plan on going very much. However, today I smashed the front of my car swerving to miss a dog and hit a parked truck. Funny, the truck did not have a scratch on it, while my car (although driveable) looks like it belongs in a junk yard. Hopefully I will have it fixed by week's end, in which case I would gladly drive anyone needing a ride down there (I really *am* a safe driver: the dog thing was a fluke!). If I can't have it fixed by week's end, I may be needing a ride from someone else (I would split gas of course). I also also have a Grand Cherokee I could take, providing I remember to get the tags renewed in the next day or so. It's not quite as good on gas, but of course more people could fit in there if necessary, so feel free to PM me if you think you'll need a ride. I'm in Louisville, so I can pick up anyone near 64 between here and there. I also lived in Lexington almost ten years, so I'm familiar with the area.

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Ok... Since the core group that have responded seem to be leaning more towards next weekend... That's what it will be.
(Xion... that should allow you to get the time off too.)

Chilli's
108 Marketplace Drive, Lexington

Date: Saturday, Jan. 22nd
Time: 1:00pm until whenever
(We might actually finish up before dark!)

I'll stick a thread up with the details of the actual meeting. Getting close to overrunning my data plan this month, so won't attempt to send out individual PMs this time.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I found you guys! Came looking for you yesterday but didn't think to look for Bluegrass instead of Kentucky, oh well.

Here's into that might be of interest about the ban. Some may have already been linked but I posted it in news and am just bringing it in here.

Here's recent info-

Debate over statewide smoking ban in Kentucky | Tobacco Facts.

and the entire bill-

11RS HB193

Finally links to the Health Committee that will pass it to the house. Five of the sponsors of the bill are in this group-

Committee Members

WaywardMage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
www.linkedin.com
Regarding the meet-up in Lexington. I plan on going very much. However, today I smashed the front of my car swerving to miss a dog and hit a parked truck.

Odd....SpiritBerry had a car accident on Tuesday....fortunately, we have a second vehicle, so we can't be stopped! :)

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Odd....SpiritBerry had a car accident on Tuesday....fortunately, we have a second vehicle, so we can't be stopped! :)
Hate to hear that but glad it sounds like she's ok... Will see you there...

Xion can't join us until late, so anyone that can't be there early don't worry... we'll be hanging awhile...

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
RooksGambit is creating an information packet for our legislators and has agreed to be our representative. We will also be putting together a powerpoint presentation and are looking into creating a website for our local group.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Make sure your ECF profile allows PMs from other members to receive BGV updates on meetings
- Send your email address to RooksGambit to receive further updates / information on the legislative action
- Personally contact your representatives concerning the importance of ecigs as a tobacco alternative
- Come support RooksGambit when he presents concerning the proposed ban

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Glad you found us Rothenbj! Hope you can meet with us tomorrow to see what we can do to address this issue.

Hi TWolf. I'm a bit of a distance from you, but I'll be there in spirit. Hopefully you can get a packet together and hit the entire health commission. It's going to be a battle since five of the sponsors are on the committee and it's a heavily Democratic group.

I'm hoping to put together a packet to send from NVC which I'll be glad to send you when complete.Send me a PM with your email addy if you'd like a copy or just email me @netscape.net (same user name, no need to confuse myself with fancy screen names).

I'd be thinking of being prepared to go after the entire house since this committee appears to be in the pockets of our friends in the ?non-profit?"health" associations. These things are popping up all over and it certainly isn't independent thought.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
Hate to hear that but glad it sounds like she's ok... Will see you there...

Xion can't join us until late, so anyone that can't be there early don't worry... we'll be hanging awhile...

I haven't been on here in a while, but even though the car was TOTALED, I didn't even get shaken up. The truck I hit was an older one, so it didn't have a scratch. These new cars seem to be disposable lol. Finally got a new one, so I plan on being at the Louisville meetup!

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
I haven't been on here in a while, but even though the car was TOTALED, I didn't even get shaken up. The truck I hit was an older one, so it didn't have a scratch. These new cars seem to be disposable lol. Finally got a new one, so I plan on being at the Louisville meetup!

Good to hear that! Will look forward to meeting you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread