Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I ordered a eGo kit with the EMDCCs and 900mAh batteries back on 7/10/2011 order number MV-4359619 The kit arrived quickly, and I was very happy with it, until about 3 weeks later when one battery stopped working properly. Then the second battery did the same thing. I realized it was the charger that was destroying the batteries as the first one stopped working after I took it off the charger, and the second one did the same thing. I made a thread about it here on ECF at the time:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/208110-ego-battery-wont-turn-off.html

I submitted a ticket on the Madvapes website (ticket number L8JU74Z36X) and sent the two batteries and charger to them for repair. And then I waited. It's been well over a month, if not two, and I have yet to receive my batteries and charger back, and I have not heard anything from Madvapes. I had sent an Email to them asking about the status of the repair and heard nothing back.

The repair ticket status is listed as "resolved" What does this mean? If it's resolved why have I not received my items back? They said that some items are not eligible for repair/replacement due to various factors. Did my stuff never get repaired and they just kept it and didn't tell me about it?

I really didn't want to make this thread, I'm not one of those "trouble" customers. I understand things happen, items are on back order, things take time to get repaired or fall through the cracks. I'm very understanding of such situations. But I don't know what else to do. As I said, I've sent a message to them asking about the status of the repair and heard nothing back. This is the only way I know of to figure out what's going on.

I've been very happy with Madvapes and have ordered from them a few times. I've also got several friends into vaping and directed them to MV to purchase their juice and other things, and none of them have had any problems either. I'm willing to hold off on making a judgement on this, but I just want to know what the deal is.

Does MV read the boards here? Does anyone have an email addy they have received a reply from? I'd really like to get this sorted out, it's been months since this whole thing started and have yet to even hear a word from MV other than the ticket confirmation email. All I want is my 2 batteries and charger returned in working order and I'd be a happy man, as I said I can understand the wait time for repairs and what not, but I'm beginning to loose my patience.

Once again I'm not trying to bash MV here, I've had good experiences with them in the past as have friends of mine. I just want this issue resolved and after not getting a reply via email I figured I'd post here in hopes someone from there would read this and get back to me.

Thanks,
UncleChuck

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Sorry to hear about your issues. I've had nothing but good service from MadVapes, both from their Sales and Customer Service guys. If your ticket says resolved, you should have received an email from them with the resolution on your ticket. IF you think you did not, or have misplaced it, then you have the option of re-opening the ticket in their system and ask for clarification. As for your EGo batteries, they may have shorted out due to, as you said, charger issues, and may not be covered by warranty.. but I'll let Hoogie or another member of the customer service team inform you with an official response.

One thing to make sure with EGo batteries is to ensure that you wipe down the inside of the connector with tissue, before plugging it into the charger. Juice sometimes gets into the connector and can short it out. Also, disconnect the charger before connecting the battery. Keeping it plugged in can also cause a potential short.

Best of luck in your quest for resolution.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Hairball,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried sending him a PM and had the following issue:

"hoogie76 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

So they aren't repairable? Does that mean I'm just SOL? Couldn't they just replace the batteries and charger?

Dusty_D,

Well that's unfortunate. I'll look into reopening the ticket. I've checked my email and didn't receive anything from them so who knows what the deal is. That would be a bummer if it's not covered under the warranty. I spent like 60 bucks on the kit for a whopping 3 weeks of usage. Another 7 or so bucks to ship the stuff back, it would be a shame if they couldn't make this right. Oh well, thanks for the post.

Thanks again,
UncleChuck

Last edited:

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
MadVapes offers a 30 day warranty on the eGo batteries. If you submitted you ticket within the warranty period, they should replace both batteries. You might try to call them directly. They have always been above and beyond with the customer service. I'm truly surprised that you've been waiting this long to hear a response. Good luck!

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Today I came home from work greeted with a package, completely confused as I wasn't expecting one. MV was nice enough to send me a complete new kit! They went above and beyond on this one, Just a pair of batteries and charger would have made my day, but a whole new kit just made my week. I can finally start vaping again, I'm so happy. Thank you so much hoogie, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely be buying all my juice in the future from you, I get paid tomorrow so I'll have to pick up some grandpa's mix and USA mix (which the kit included, and was surprisingly good as I'm not usually a fan of Tobacco juice)

So thanks again, the wait was well worth it, as I said before I understand things happen and hold no ill will whatsoever, and the fact that they went far above what was neccesary proves the quality of this vendor.

I checked my spam folder and didn't find anything, but then again there were thousands of emails in there so I could have missed it. Either way thanks again MV, and I can guarantee you I will be returning again and again for all my future vaping needs.

UncleChuck

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
I'm glad to hear ya got things resolved.....I knew Hoog would take care of you he is a stand up guy,I am lucky enough to live near there shop and see them frequently and always goes above and a beyond to help me.I think your issue was one that slipped thru the cracks so to speak were all only human enjoy your new kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread