Stainless steel coil instead of Kanthal A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
. I tried using 34 gauge stainless steel wire instead of Kanthal- A1. Got little or no discoloration after a full atty.The taste did not change after using up all the juicy peach in my Kangertech T3s atty. The Coil wick stayed very clean while vaping all the liquid. The wire coil was cobalt blue and clean. bought my wire 34 gauge at AC More in the Jewelry section. The number of coils will determine the resistance you are after. I have been using cotton for a wick with a few strands of rope wick over the top for a flavor wick. Kanthal-A1 breaks down while vaping and I believe it turns the juice brown. anyone tried using ss coils with good results as I have.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
. I tried using 34 gauge stainless steel wire instead of Kanthal- A1. Got little or no discoloration after a full atty.The taste did not change after using up all the juicy peach in my Kangertech T3s atty. The Coil wick stayed very clean while vaping all the liquid. The wire coil was cobalt blue and clean. bought my wire 34 gauge at AC More in the Jewelry section. The number of coils will determine the resistance you are after. I have been using cotton for a wick with a few strands of rope wick over the top for a flavor wick. Kanthal-A1 breaks down while vaping and I believe it turns the juice brown. anyone tried using ss coils with good results as I have.
SS 316L which is formerly known as Gplat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread