Hot off the desk! New coil - approaching sub-Ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
In this experiment (after last night's fiasco) - I wanted my coil to be cleaner, run hotter, and provide more surface area. And behold - the 1 Ohm - 4 strand - 8 wrap - twisted 32G Kanthal A1 Coil! This baby runs HOT! VERY HOT! And she's got better surface area than my 2 strand twisted 32G Kanthal A1 wire. Therefore more coil-to-juice contact and more vapor. She's a bit warmer of a vape than the 2 strand too. I'm putting about 3.5 - 4.0V to her. She's beautiful. *Sheds a tear*

casketweaver-albums-my-coils-picture311810-4-strand-32g-kanthal-a1-microcoil-clocked-1-0-ohms.jpg

Compare that one to the one below it, and you'll see why I'm so stoked!
casketweaver-albums-my-coils-picture311734-pay-homage-ohm-age-32g-twisted-kanthal-a1-clocked-1-3-ohms-z-atty-pro.jpg

Notice the thickness between the 2? The top photos is thicker and I was able to get 8 wraps on it instead of 6 - covering more of my wick. Now let me get back to playing with the coil for a moment or 2.
:vapor::evil:

Ok - from the minor test - 4.0V throws the E2 error on the ProVari - Current Limit Exceeded - Lowered Voltage.

3.8-3.9V - Too HOT! Flavor becomes terrible and the burning liquid is a testament to that
3.6-3.7V - A bit warm, flavor is decent, and the throat hit is almost unbearable - you know your vaping
3.4-3.5V - Just right. Amazing flavor, amazing vapor, amazing throat hit. Mild vapor temperature
3.3 and below - Too cool, more mushy throat hit. I'm sorry below this, is unbearable - flavor highly muted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread