Not open for further replies.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hello -- This is an SOS for some help from Prive tank owners -- I've set aside my Prive tank because while I love the aesthetics, changing cartomizers is a horrendous task for me! If you've developed a system for removing and replacing your cartos easily -- please share!

The fit of the carto to the tank is so darned tight -- I cringe at the thought when I have to replace the carto.
I've only had this tank for a month or so but I've set it aside a couple of times because it's hard to deal with. It's so bad I've even thought of giving it up and putting it in the classies :facepalm: But I figured I'd put out a cry for help on this thread before I do that. :unsure:

The first time I had to change a cartomizer I cracked the tube from forcing the tank against on my kitchen counter to push out the cartomizer :blink:

I asked for help on another thread and a dear lady (((BluSwatch))) gave me a cartomizer tool that she thought would help, and it does for replacing, but not for removing :blush: Yet another friend sent me a replacement tube ((((misplacedsooner)))). Here's a pic of the tool Blu sent me and the replacement tube from misplacedsooner, and my other carto tank tool:

yUV9ZA9.jpg

Okay, so my order for more replacement tubes from GR Modders is here but I sure would like to avoid cracking any more tubes!

I would also love your tips for dealing with changing a carto when you have a full tank? This was a piece of cake for me on my lil mama tank -- I could easily slide the carto up with another carto without a problem -- no can do with a Prive :facepalm:

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was going to suggest the Slap Yo Moma tool, but you already have one now. Great tool!

I don't own a Prive tank. Look nice, but over-rated and too expensive IMO. Glad you like yours. ;)

Hopefully someone who owns one can offer some real advice.

Edit: I just remembered that The Ocelot made a video on how to do a carto swap with juice still in the tank. I have it in a link in my cartotank setup guide:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Last edited:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
I was going to suggest the Slap Yo Moma tool, but you already have one now. Great tool!

I don't own a Prive tank. Look nice, but over-rated and too expensive IMO. Glad you like yours. ;)

Hopefully someone who owns one can offer some real advice.

Edit: I just remembered that The Ocelot made a video on how to do a carto swap with juice still in the tank. I have it in a link in my cartotank setup guide:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Thank you Baditude :) -- I have viewed Ocelot's vid - unfortunately I haven't been able to hot swap a carto due to the tight fit of the carto in the Prive tank -- It would be great if Prive Tank owners would chime in and let me know whether it can be done and whether there is an easier way to remove cartos from the tank. :fingers crossed: :)

EDIT: I see an IBTank in my future. Thanks Ocelot! :laugh:

Last edited:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Well, it was faster to get an IBT Tank than answers! :lol:

dOFC2vj.jpg

IBT's shipping is fantastic! Two days!!

It's all Ocelet's fault :laugh: I love it -- fits perfectly, no overhang -- simple and elegant! Thanks ;)

ETA: Slides nicely -- I will hot swap my heart away! :laugh: But I haven't given up on the Prive ;)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't understand how a Prive Tank can be different than any other carto tank. I get that the orings are tight, but it seems to be that putting on a slap yo mama tool and pushing the carto out the bottom would do the trick.

I can understand that it can and does happen. My daughter has a Big Daddy Vapor cartotank that she gave to me to try to remove a stuck carto in it. Despite slapping a SYM tool on it, and pushing that end against a wall for leverage to force the carto out, I've yet to be able to remove it. (And this is a Smoktech tank replacement carto with laser drilled holes, not a hand-punched carto that could have a deformed carto cylinder from a tool-punched carto.)

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I've got a wee boaby tank that is so tight i actually pulled a muscle trying to change cartos.
The good/bad news is that i shredded my o rings because they were so tight (using a tank tool and lubing the carto). Now i can slide in a new cartomiser a lot easier and i havn't had a leak. Problem is i do end up with little bits of rubber floating in my juice !!
I think your best bet is to run the tank under hot water before attempting to swap cartos.
P.S. I've also noticed that every now and then i get a carto that is a tiny bit wider than normal ( i use Boges).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread