Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hey and welcome! I just got an MVP2 as, similar to yourself, I'm too lazy / clumsy to start making things. The mvp does have a limit of 10 seconds per button press, but if you get a good tank that shouldn't be a problem. I'm still using the iclear30 that came with it, but I'm considering buying an aspire nautilus and the new BVC coils most folk are raving about.

Vape on!
( whispering) Dooooo iiiiiit!!

facedown

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Highland Park, IL, USA
Mini or big? I prefer the idea of a 5ml tank and the steel cage which takes it down to about 3ml (I read somewhere, not verified). Starting to develop shinyitus! How long do you find the BVC coils last? The price of the coils is the only thing potentially holding me back...

Both have their charm. :) The big one lasts longer, obviously, but the mini seems to develop heavier vaper density. Not sure why. In my use the coils last about a week to ten days but then I soak them in cheap vodka and they're good to go again. I've only had one that went bad in just a few days and wasn't rejuvenated by soaking. One bad apple in every barrel, I guess. By recycling them the cost per coil is pretty low.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
It brings the size down to 4.somethingorother. I have them on both of my full size & both Mini's. My hands are wonky & I drop & knock things over so I got those gridded one's. There is a glass lined stainless steel for the big one, but you can't see your juice level in it. There is one for the Mini, too. You can see the juice level thru a little window, but the design looks awful. No one wants to carry that around. They are supposed to be working on that.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
<snip> There is the drawback of needing something else to vape on while they're charging to consider....
Actually, both can be used while they are charging.

depending on your price range, you can't beat the reliability of a REOS mod. but you do have to order online.

Reliable, expensive, and you need to be able to, and want to, rebuild coils.

Between the Eleaf Istick and the MVP, the MVP is rock solid reliable. The Istick is brand new. The MVP tops out at 11 W, but the Istick runs hot at the lower end. The MVP is bigger and heavier. The battery in either can be expected to still be working at the end of a year, by which point the new latest and greatest will be out anyhow. And the MVP3 is due out soon, presumably before Christmas.

Eddy666

Oct 19, 2014
England
Just think i should note that price is the biggest concern to any vape enthusiast! (Iam a sucker for the real thing over clones) but ehat people have said is as good advice as youre gunna get dude! You cant go wrong with ecig forum! Ny first setup was an ego and an aero tank, 9months later and iam a dripping guy through and through, one device has stood by me and thats the hana modz v3, an expensive box mod but it is fantastic IMO. Who knows were youre gunna be in years to come, so in my experience get something good to stand the test of time so if you do decide to move on to the more advanced parts of the vape world, youll have something that can still throw out an amazing vape! Have fun bro! And good luck on your quest:)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Just think i should note that price is the biggest concern to any vape enthusiast! (Iam a sucker for the real thing over clones) but ehat people have said is as good advice as youre gunna get dude! You cant go wrong with ecig forum! Ny first setup was an ego and an aero tank, 9months later and iam a dripping guy through and through, one device has stood by me and thats the hana modz v3, an expensive box mod but it is fantastic IMO. Who knows were youre gunna be in years to come, so in my experience get something good to stand the test of time so if you do decide to move on to the more advanced parts of the vape world, youll have something that can still throw out an amazing vape! Have fun bro! And good luck on your quest:)

Have you seen the DNA 40 mods with temperature control yet?

Hehehe... it never ends. Welcome to the rabbit hole! :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Actually, both can be used while they are charging.

Reliable, expensive, and you need to be able to, and want to, rebuild coils.

Between the Eleaf Istick and the MVP, the MVP is rock solid reliable. The Istick is brand new. The MVP tops out at 11 W, but the Istick runs hot at the lower end. The MVP is bigger and heavier. The battery in either can be expected to still be working at the end of a year, by which point the new latest and greatest will be out anyhow. And the MVP3 is due out soon, presumably before Christmas.

MVP 3, ProVari 3, DNA 40 and... iStick v2? :D

John11

Oct 22, 2014
Canada
i wouldnt mind spending up to 100, so i guess that should cover some mods. but from all the suggestions, seems like the MVP 2 is a good one now, since im lazy and still a beginner with no idea about rewiring and building stuff lol, but thanks everyone for your input :D looking forward to getting one! should be a decent upgrade from the ego since i have to charge the battery twice a day, even though its 1100 mah!

lightmaster

Feb 15, 2014
GA, USA
I've got the MVP 2 and one thing I'd like to point out is if you decide to start dripping and sub-ohming (building coils below 1 ohm) the MVP 2 won't run below 1 Ohm, so you'd have to get a different mod then. Judging from your questions tho, I'm assuming you're pretty new to vaping and you'd probably want to stay away from sub-ohming for a good while as there are some dangers in it.

As far as vaping on a clearomizer, the MVP 2 is amazing. I've used it with the iClear 30, iClear X.I, Protank 2 and 3, Aspire Nautilus, and various disposable cartomizers. The coils have ranged from 1.6 Ohms up to 2.8 Ohms and all have hit beautifully. If you're looking to get a new tank too, I'd suggest the Nautilus, it's 5ml tank will keep you going for days, even a week depending on how much you vape a day. It also hits better than any of the others IMO.

Assuming you get a VV or VW mod, be sure to look up a vaping power chart so you can make sure you're not powering it too high or too low. Too high and you'll burn the cotton or burn out the coils, too low and you won't get a good vape off it. Also, if you're gonna be vaping any fluid with more than 50% VG, turn the volts up a bit more than normal to be able to fully vaporize the thicker fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread