So I got $100...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raths

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2014
Nebraska
Ok my background. LOVE my Nemesis clone. Its topped with a protank clone in the .9 to 1,2 range. I do have an Omega dripper that runs at .4 ohms, just so I can play chasing clouds (spends most of it's time in the vape box). Sony vct5's, 3 in rotation, 2 still in the wrapper. Been vaping for 9 months and build coils for my wife's MVP 2 and friend's tanks. Do some DIY, but mostly buy juice in 11 mg and 0mg and add VG to taste and vapor production, so I vape around 5 mg/ml. All this thanks to the wonderful people here at EFC :).

Now the question...I have $100 that I can spend on gear. This is a hard fought $100 as we aren't exactly rich. I know I want to move up to a Kayfun (clone is fine) and thats going to run $40-$50. But the mod is killing me! I like the Smok Magneto, but there are so many mixed reviews. I like that it's not a clone, but every site I look at has different pricing, good and bad reviews, stainless steel out of stock, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm thinking just get maybe a better Nemesis (cause I know I like them), but then what's the use of having only one style of mod (and the whole clone thing...my reason for leaning toward the Magneto). And then there is the ability to use a kick, which I may or may not want to do, and can I spend another $20 of my budget on one (reducing my mod budget).

Uggg! How do I decide!!

(TIA for any and all advice!)

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
As an option you could try to get verified with ECF, then browse the classifieds?

I've seen some authentics in the classified going cheap lately. Atomos, 4nine mods...etc and some authentic KFL+ v2 as well. But as far as best bang for you buck, I would recommend the Stingray X. It's a copper mod with SS wrap. This ebay seller sells the SXK / infinite with two sets of pins Stingray x Mod 1 1 SXK Factory Black or Brushed SS Copper Pins Silver P Pins | eBay

If you use KFL with the hybrid cap, make sure it does short and the center pin is low enough. I love all my Ehpro KFL+ V2 dual air flow. For both you be around $75 - $80

My Stingray X sees a lot more use then my nemesis mod now due to size with the hybrid cap and it hits very very nice. I had to space my atty center pin down to use the hybrid cap without a short, but it was well worth the effort. The Stingray X assembly and switch will be familiar to you since it's very similar to the nemesis.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
VapeRoyalty has some awesome clones including their Manhattan clone. I have two of them and I'm going to soon purchase a third because they are just that awesome. I wrote a review on one here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...90377-vaperoyalty-manhattan-clone-review.html

Btdubs, there's nothing wrong with owning multiples of one mod if you have your heart set on a Nemesis. :p

Here's the link: Manhattan Mod Clone The best part is it's only $34.99 for something just as good as the real Manhattan, unless you go with the copper clone ($38.99).

VapeRoyalty sells some awesome products, they carry a lot more than the Manhattan including the Stingray X posted above. Their shipping times are fast and their customer service is awesome. I've heard great things about their Pegasus, Paragon, and Cartel as well.

That's just me though, you may not like it. I wish you luck in your search!

Last edited:

iClearoman

Jun 23, 2014
columbus
If your willing to go $20 more than you can get a kayfun lite clone with an ipv 2. Im not sure if you are looking for a box mod but this is the best bang for your buck. The ipv2 has 50 watts regulated and you can get it for $80 at a site called elev8vape.com. Just use the coupon code "30off" at checkout. I just received mine yesterday and I love it! Well worth the money and the chip in it is amazing. Will cost you $120 max depending on how much you spend on the kayfun (great rta btw, I have two). good luck!

Here is a link where you can get the ipv2: iPV 50 w box mod by pioneer4u

Last edited:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
This was just released yesterday:

- Authentic made in the USA (not a clone)
- Palladium plated brass contacts
- Lifetime Warranty
- $70

Super-T Workhorse

You can definitely find Kayfun clones for under $50. I hear decent things about the ones from Eciggity. You can get the Kayun V2 with larger drilled out air holes or the newest version with dual airholes from them.

Kayfun Lite Plus V2 larger air hole
Kayfun Lite Plus V2 dual air hole

I just got my second mech in today and I'm in love with it. I ordered a GP Paps clone. I loved my 4nine, but this thing beats the pants off of the 4nine out of the box. It's brass, which wasn't my first choice, but the SS options only came with the single tube, and I like to use different sizes. The button is buttery smooth, and it has both an adjustable battery contact pin, as well as an adjustable 510 contact. No magnets to mess with, which I love. The 4nine definitely has the cool factor, but the adjustability of the GP is phenomenal. Bang for your buck is huge with this one. I also got a KFLv2+ clone along with it and am very happy with it. It came with the nano kit, but I also purchased the Quartz tank, a Tobh clone, some drip tips, and an ohm meter all for well under $100. Took it 3 weeks for everything to come in stock, ship, and be delivered, but I'm very happy with everything I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
MadVapes typically has the Magneto in stock. I have almost bought one 100 times now, it is just too pricey for me especially on my view of battery holders. I have something that works why do I need another?

As far as reviews. 100 people will say ti sucks another 100 will say it is a beast. 100 will say it hits hard 100 will say it hits like a little school girl. I never trust the reviews. You have to read them then say hmmmmm.

My kayfun and I have a love hate relationship. Some days I hate it (wicking) other days I love it. One of these days I will figure out why I can't get it to wick right. See above.. 100 people will say it this while another 100 will say it that. One day I guess I will figure it.

One thing about the batteries. They do lose voltage very slowly while sitting. So if they are going to sit awhile (how long is a while? it depends) make sure you take them out and prep them accordingly.

My go to setup is 2 5 dollar Igo W clones (1.4 to 1.8 ohms). One single coil the other dual (I drilled a second airhole in one and dilled the pre-drilled holes larger). Sitting on top of a 18 dollar Nemy clone (that I stick a Evolve Kick1 in, 20 bucks direct from Evolve). It just works. Driving I use PT2s and an MVP2 and sometimes fill my dripper up before I leave and switch to a PT2 if it is low by the time I get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread