So all vandyvape products on fasttech are counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This might help, they are currently out of them but I bet they can get what you need.

O-Rings
Wrong sizes I think, but I like the direction. ID, OD, CS appear to be the standard measurements. Seems an odd choice, as if you’ve got two the third derives. There’s likely some sort of reason.

I measured CS and OD. 1mm CS is a standard and .5mm CS is a standard. .8mm doesn’t seem to be though. A 1mm o-ring that got stretched hard, maybe. Or they’re not made of silicone in the first place. Argh.

They’ve had a day to relax. I’ll measure em again and see if it changes. Bottom on I doubt will move. Top one might though.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Yeah, I knew the sizes weren't right but I figure those folks can get the right ones from wherever they order their orings. I don't have a measurement thingy (caliper or whatever it is called) but I have a zillion orings from various tanks so if you knew which other tank/rings are the same size, I could probably find a few for you.

Gee, I am so techy talking (measurement thingy).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Wrong sizes I think, but I like the direction. ID, OD, CS appear to be the standard measurements. Seems an odd choice, as if you’ve got two the third derives. There’s likely some sort of reason.

I measured CS and OD. 1mm CS is a standard and .5mm CS is a standard. .8mm doesn’t seem to be though. A 1mm o-ring that got stretched hard, maybe. Or they’re not made of silicone in the first place. Argh.

They’ve had a day to relax. I’ll measure em again and see if it changes. Bottom on I doubt will move. Top one might though.

JSYK: .8mm is 1/32"

So if you want, you could poke around places like this...

The O-Ring Store, We make getting O-Rings easy!

... and look for a suitable O-Ring.

Of course, you would Probably want to get a Size Bigger and a Size Smaller to make sure that you get Something that works.

So that makes getting something like this...

$5.41 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarettes (300 Pieces) 300-pack - ships 30 of each type at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

... seem like a Possibility. Because even it you Can't get one of the O-Rings to work, you now have a Nifty Drip Tip organizer. So it Isn't a complete loss.

But at what point do you just get one of these...

$8.92 Berserker MTL Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 18mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

... and call an End to the Quest?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    If you have had trouble with Vandy vape o-rings in the past, then perhaps an alternative source, such as the O-Ring store that @zoiDman mentioned could be beneficial. Although I have never used them, I am willing to bet there is a much improved quality.

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    according to some folks on ft
    1) Authentic Vandy Vape Accessory Bags, with exactly the same contents as the parts bag that comes with the Berserkers of each size...can be bought right now. They're $3.99 per bag. The o-rings are all black, no clear ones. I'm not permitted to post here though...where they're available.

2) If you can still find an accessory bag for the older Avocado 24 Bottom Airflow RTA, those o-rings fit very well as a replacement for the bottom 1 in the 24mm Berserker. The only bag you want...has the bright orange and bright turquoise o-rings in it. They have the little lip on the inner edge like the authentic ones do. The bags for the newer Avocado tanks, with the all black o-rings won't work in it. I've had 1 of the bright turquoise ones in 1 of my 24mm Berserkers since January, and I bottomfill every time. That o-ring hasn't budged once!

so then this should have them in it

sorry but this is all I have been able to find, seems vandy vape is keeping a tight lip on the sizes of the orings and no one's posted them in forums that I can seem to find

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
    I am. Not one of my best days today.

Vandyvape won’t sell me o-rings. I never even thought the thing would be under warranty because it’s over 90 days old. I went looking for o-rings by type on fasttech and got nothing. I looked at the vandyvape site and they don’t sell o-rings on it at all. This struck me as strange so I emailed support asking if I could buy some, or failing that get the sizing for them so I could at least find something that would fit and vape the thing.
    I got an email back (which in itself is a win for vandyvape. Better than average support) Which said that I had to go through their warranty process first. Before they would even sell me an o-ring, or tell me what the sizing was.

The process involves taking photos of all the box’s copy protection features and providing a receipt. The warning about them not honoring warranties when sold by this list of retailers stopped me though. I buy a good deal of stuff on fasttech, and I’ve always assumed that fasttech’s “authentic” meant authentic.
    If you can’t get parts without a valid warranty (stupid to start with. Time flows. Warranties run out) and valid warranties do not happen when buying from fasttech, then “authentic” stuff sold on fasttech basically isn’t for the simple reason that if you can’t get parts it’s disposable anyway.
    Fasttech doesn’t seem to have parts labeled “berserker RTA” o-rings at all.

As far as orings go and consumables I'm unsure off... But any authentic mod & tanks checks on my experience by scratch codes etc & the clones are usually marked "styled"

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I got all excited thinking I would be able to help and then I noticed it says Berserker RDA hell I didn't even know they had one LOL I don't really use my beserker RTA all that often and at the very least I could try and measure it but that's not going to help you since it's not the right product. I also don't know if this will help you but I have had great luck with just buying a giant Kit of o rings and there's a black rubber instead of the silicone now sometimes it can be a little bit awkward because they're thicker and they're perfectly round but for a lot of different things I've had pretty good luck using mechanics o rings I couldn't even tell you like what the case was that I'm using them from because my husband's the mechanic so he's the one that bought them and he's probably had it for years.

One of these days he's going to go to supervise someone fixing a car cuz he doesn't do it himself that much now he stopped going to have the damn o'rings because of me

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread