MB Classic Belgian Waffle 2%
FA Zeppola 0.9%
FA Cookie 0.7%
FA Butter 0.5%
FA Custard Premium 2%
WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%

Optional: OOO Powdered Sugar 0.75%

Steep time = 4 weeks

It took me a fair amount of time to recreate the taste of a Pizzelle. In the end it was worth the time and effort. This mix totally freaking rocks. It's very tasty as is but also works nicely with additions (see below).

Pizzelles are an Italian creamy elegant and beautifully shaped waffle-like pastry filled with a condensed milk filling.

Pizzelles are also known as Trubochki or "Russian Cannoli".

I departed from going the condensed milk route after a few attempts. Decided to go with a creamy custard filling instead. It wasn't that the condensed milk flavors I tried didn't work. They did and very nicely at that. I just felt going with a custard was a better fit.

SSA SW, MB CBW, Zep, Cookie and Butter make an awesome tasting waffle base. One that can be used on it's own as a blank canvas for other ideas.

I didn't want the custard filling to scream "CUSTARD" - - - so WF VCE helped to tame FA CP's "I'm Here" notes. You won't taste any of it's eggy notes in this mix.

OOO Powdered Sugar adds a fine finishing touch to the pastry. Although, the mix tastes equally as awesome without it. OOO PS doesn't really add "sweetness" per se. It adds more of a finished bakery note (which is what it does best).

I have tried this mix with raspberry, with mango/pineapple, with coconut and with orange. Each was very tasty. This mix will work just as nicely with other fruits.

Also, I mixed this using WF Roasted Pecans and Cream. That was very, very tasty. This mix will easily work with other nut flavors.

A chocolate will also work. Go light for a chocolate swirl or go heavier for a total chocolate Pizzelle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread