Smoktech 'The Natural' w/ the Kick issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigleft

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 15, 2013
Roslyn, Pennsylvania, United States
Has anyone else had an issue trying the natural kicked?

I like to use the kick when I'm not using a SLR rba, but for some reason the Natural doesn't seem to like it. It continually shorts outs as if the battery is low. Somehow it almost seems on depending how I hold it, it will fire, but then it goes back to the low battery paulse.

I've tried numerous batteries, numerous atties, same results. I can use the exact same setup and hardware on my Omega, no issue. Put it in and on the Natural, fail... I've tried adjusting the pin on the 510 connection. I've tried adjusting the ground spring on the kick. I even added some electrical tape to the edge of the kick to try and keep it a straighter fit inside the Natural.

I'm completely baffled and irritated.

Anyone have this issue or have a suggestion on what could be causing the issue?

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
the kick needs to have a positive ground. Sand the inside of the tube where the ground spring makes contact to bare metal. It should solve your woes :)
For clarification, I'm sure Switched meant "a good solid ground connection". Studies show that the term "positive ground" confuses 14.3% of people surveyed.

bigleft

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 15, 2013
For clarification, I'm sure Switched meant "a good solid ground connection". Studies show that the term "positive ground" confuses 14.3% of people surveyed.

I wonder if that means 14.3% of people think testing positive for the HIV is a good thing?
~ that joke was probably in bad taste :danger:

Anyway, thanks for the tip... I didn't think the ground connection would be a problem as the tube is bare metal. I will give it a light sanding with the dremel and see what happens!

bigleft

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 15, 2013
Okay, back already for a double post...

I don't understand how the sanding helped, but it did the trick! Thanks switched!

fyi: the natural with a protank makes for a solid decent looking road warrior pv setup. Low maintenance and the hit is impressive, all while being cheap enough to where if it falls from your pocket, you won't shed a tear!

Thanks again!

Donovan69

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
I was just checking out stuff on the natural and I am glad I read this post. I am in the market for a "fair" priced mech. you see I am just at the beginning of my genesis addiction. I need more mechs for all the gennys I want to buy. (one for every flavor I love, That'd be 6 at this current time but I am always seeking the next great flavor) I currently use a kick in my SS bolt with one extension in 18490 mode. I have had no problems at all with my kick. I imagine I will just continue to use it in that mech. But it is nice to know all this technichal jargin for future reference. Thanks ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread