Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
Hi,
306's are my main attys.

DONT remove the wick its a BAD idea, FACT :)
From my personal expirince when you remove a wick from 306, the coil and the coil wick will dry out, the big wick sort of protects it.

To loosen the draw, move the wick to the side of the coil, use a tooth pick.
What happens is that the wick covers the whole air hole and the coil, so you need to rot of rearengae it and move to one side, the coil side and free the one side for air.

Also extend the central pin from the connector side by a bit and dont screw the atty till the end, just enough for a contact.

antlion

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Huntington, West Virginia
well, whats claimed to be a fact.... i'll tell you zer0ith something that a lot of people forget if you want to use your atty more frequently and not have to wait what seems forever for the wick to soak up the vape... you remove that excess wick. Why? Because if you put 3 or 4 drops in your 306 atty and wait for it to soak... you can take a couple of drags but before you know it youll be talking with someone or not paying particularly good attention to your dripping and youll start burning up the wick and coil below that extra wick because perhaps you didn't put enough drops in it... Not to mention most importantly once that 306 coil starts getting old and gunky that extra wick is going to serve as a harsh reminder as to why its even harder for your coil to get liquid on it.

If the draw is super tight... You might have a poorly manufactured atty my friend. I have one that reminds me of what you're talking about that I bought a while back and from the get go it has been super hard to take a drag it feels as if something is blocking the airway below the coil.

You should give some 306 attys from bombayvaping.com a try theyre 6 dollars a piece and pretty durable, if you wanna go for a even more quality atty try some from either avidvaper.com or ikenvape.com

But to re-state something, don't listen to virus just because he says its a fact, its not a fact, not much of anything is really fact in vaping its a lot of personal preference... But you should definitely try taking out the wick as I have noticed attys will last very very very long if youre fast and hard on them like I am.

antlion

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Hi,
306's are my main attys.

DONT remove the wick its a BAD idea, FACT :)
From my personal expirince when you remove a wick from 306, the coil and the coil wick will dry out, the big wick sort of protects it.

To loosen the draw, move the wick to the side of the coil, use a tooth pick.
What happens is that the wick covers the whole air hole and the coil, so you need to rot of rearengae it and move to one side, the coil side and free the one side for air.

Also extend the central pin from the connector side by a bit and dont screw the atty till the end, just enough for a contact.

I don't see how what you say in bold could be fully true, unless you really think the extra wick is the part that is heating the liquid, to some degree it might be but only if its soaked really really well, for the most part you have to look at it like this... The wick and the coil below that extra wick is doing most of the work.. the extra wicks main job is for cartridge users not drippers, so by taking out the extra wick you prevent the coil burning up that extra wick plus if you drip and dont wait a good couple of minutes (and while taking drags) youre going to burn your coil up faster... Because essentially youre just treating your 306 atty likes its a MAP tank or a CE2 its relying heavily on that extra wick to carry the juice down to the threaded coil... So the extra wick is good for cartridge users, bad for drippers

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
Cant agree with you, based on actual testing leaving the wick is better.

Take 2 new 306, say Joye models, remove the wick in one and leave in another.
Vape same juice on same voltage in both, youll see that the one without the wick will darken much faster and one with wick will stay white for longer.
And the wick cant burn, its not a rope but a special material that cant burn, when you dry burn an atty you dont see it burst in flames

I don't see how what you say in bold could be fully true, unless you really think the extra wick is the part that is heating the liquid, to some degree it might be but only if its soaked really really well, for the most part you have to look at it like this... The wick and the coil below that extra wick is doing most of the work.. the extra wicks main job is for cartridge users not drippers, so by taking out the extra wick you prevent the coil burning up that extra wick plus if you drip and dont wait a good couple of minutes (and while taking drags) youre going to burn your coil up faster... Because essentially youre just treating your 306 atty likes its a MAP tank or a CE2 its relying heavily on that extra wick to carry the juice down to the threaded coil... So the extra wick is good for cartridge users, bad for drippers

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
Maybe you just need to use it for some time thats all..

look at the two air holes on the sides, just above the threads, take something small and sharp and enlarge them a bit, "dig" inside the air holes

Gave both a try this morning VirusZ - same tight draw :( Any other suggestions?
Right now its soaking in vodka, I am hoping that it is simply in need of a cleaning but something tells me its not.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Maybe you just need to use it for some time thats all..

look at the two air holes on the sides, just above the threads, take something small and sharp and enlarge them a bit, "dig" inside the air holes

Yeah I've been trying to break it in by using it for at least an hour a day, so far not much better.
I will double check the air holes, I did check them before but didn't try enlarging them.

Oh and I thought about debridging them (as I have seen this on many posts in other areas) just not ready to give that a try just yet

antlion

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Cant agree with you, based on actual testing leaving the wick is better.

Take 2 new 306, say Joye models, remove the wick in one and leave in another.
Vape same juice on same voltage in both, youll see that the one without the wick will darken much faster and one with wick will stay white for longer.
And the wick cant burn, its not a rope but a special material that cant burn, when you dry burn an atty you dont see it burst in flames

You're right attys never get old or gunky, you're right heat on the coil probably does absolutely nothing to it it stays perfect 24/7 in fact people who buy new attys are stupid lol

Good luck on the debridging zer0ith some times that works... I tried it on the one that wasn't working as well for me because it was taking way to much effort to get a good 'pull' out of it (btw its a smoketech lr 306 1.5 atty - but i have others that are smoketech 306s that work good so its not the brand thats bad, you might of just got unlucky like I did with that one I got)... Anyway, I debridged the one that had a hard draw and it worked really well for 1 drag maybe 2 or 3 I don't recall but then it started to act up again going back to it being too hard to take a drag from without it sounding like its "dragging nails across a chalkboard")

So I dunno if debridging it will really help you dude, but you certainly can try zer0ith it might fix it for you. For mine it did for a very very short time and then went back to its problem. My only real guess is the white cup is lose and causing problems or its some sort of manufacturer's error. Also, really important when you first load up a 306 atty... I got this method from Ikenvape's website, and it worked for me so I'll share. 1)When you first load up an atty you want to put 7 drops into it...
2)Let those 7 drops absorb 1 at a time.
3)Then connect your 306 atty to the PV
4)Fire the button lightly 1 consecutive time, then one more time (2 times)
5)Add 2 more drops
6)Take 1 or 2 drags
7)Then add 3 more drops and your atty is good to go

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else if not, well sorry

Last edited:

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
You're right attys never get old or gunky, you're right heat on the coil probably does absolutely nothing to it it stays perfect 24/7 in fact people who buy new attys are stupid lol

Learn to read mate, I said that de-wicked 306 atty will get gunky and dirty much faster then the regular one.

And you replayed in unrelated gibberish.....

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
I'm new to vaping and I watched a youtube vid on debridging a 306 and did it. It works great. I would recommend doing it for sure...just be careful.

yea i did a youtube clip almost a year ago on debridging. it was surprisingly easy and i still do it to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread