smokeless image x2s, and compatiblity

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the "ego threading" on these isn't actually ego threading, it's too far down for them to be compatible with any evods, t3s, or protanks...and I got an automatic, so I tried to use my 808-to-510 adapter to use a 510 carto on it (since I don't own anything 808) but it will not work? The adapter I have has a hole in the center pin, it is meant to work with an automatic battery.

Do these batteries work with anything nonproprietary, non 808, at all? why do they even advertise them as "ego threaded" if nothing for an ego fits on them?

Is there some reason people buy this kind of proprietary battery? I won't be ordering any new clearos or carts or anything so I may just sell this battery or give it away, if there's no way to make anything work with it.

is vgo 808, or some odd proprietary size?

my adapter has a hole in the center post but none along the sides; nothing ego-sized fits on this at all (evod, t3s, mt3, protank, and mini davide and ego cone atty, I have tried so far. none reach the ego threads on it)

I have a few 510 carts (ugh) but they do not work. they fit on when I use the adapter but the battery doesn't fire.

thanks for trying to help! I may end up getting rid of this thing, I had high hopes that it would be a nice automatic battery bigger than the crappy 510 stick batteries I have tried, but it seems it's not to be

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You'll not be able to use anything on the Smokeless Image X2's other than 808-thread juice devices. 808 to 808. 510 and ego juice devices won't work.

If you don't like any of the juice devices that Smokeless Image sells, maybe it's time to advance to the 510 threaded removeable rechargeable battery mods.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
yes, I own an evod and n ego vv battery already. I was given this x2 as a gift by a friend.

so, no adapters work then? it's only 808? they should stop advertising that it's ego-compatible then, for sure. very very misleading

Wasn't aware of this claim. Is it on the Smokeless Image website? Where?

well ....! on their site it's the reviews saying it's compatible. they have amended the page for the x2 since the last time I looked.

I suppose the outside threads on these are completely useless then? if they're not ego-size, what are they? the 808 thread is in the center, so why the outside, ego-sized threads?

edit, big ben I just saw your reply. so they really are not ego compatible at all. well, this goes in the trade/sell/unload bin.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I don't see where it says that the X2 batteries are ego threaded on the Smokeless Image web site. As to the 808 and Kgo threading, they are not proprietary threading to Smokeless Image only. While the most popular threadings currently seem to be 510 and ego, but there are also 808 threaded and Kgo threaded devices, and I think that there is a 901 threading on some device lines as well.

You can buy blank cartomizers with 808 threading, and people who started with a Halo G6 battery or Volt battery and want to move up to an "ego" sized battery, may decide to purchase an X2 (or Halo's Triton) so that they can continue to use the 808 cartomizers that they may already have. Smokeless Image does also sell clearomizer tanks for the X2 battery.

Tmartin63

Happy Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Coldspring, Texas, United States
It's not the threading that's the issue at all. T3's a fit fine, but the pins are too far apart to make contact. Bought two of the manual smokeless image batteries for the wife to get her away from auto batteries. It worked but she can only use the smokeless image tanks that look like t3's. as soon as they go bad I will get her set up with a ego twist and T3S. Then everything we both use is compatible

yeah I've already tried to fit a t3 and a t3s and a mt3 on it.

I have a few dozen things for ego and 510, I don't really want to buy all over again just because one company doesn't use those standards...I;ve simply been hunting for an automatic battery that isn't a stick/pen, and has some actual oomph, for a while now, and someone got this one for me thinking it'd work. she said she had read that it fit ego stuff on their site, so she got it for me.

I'm pretty bummed out, I've tried the fasttech 510X, and an automatic ego so far, and they were both terrible- took me multiple puffs to get them to even heat the atty. I'd love to find something with the responsiveness of the stick batteries, combined with teh power of the egos...I had thought this might be the right thing to try

And yeah I get draw with the 808-to-510 adapter. it's an automatic adapter- with a hole in the center post for air- but the battery doesn't fire up.

but the t2 is top coil, right?

I can look over the kanger stuff, but everything I've got from them is ego
also I'm a she, haha

I might rip this thing apart though and try to put a new threading on it, use the switch and battery in something else, a mod or something I build. If I can ever find a 510 or ego connector pre-wired I could rewire this I think.

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate all the input!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Thread Adapter | 808D-1 to eGo - EVcigarettes.com
That's the adapter you'd need, Automatic aside, but anyways... just so you know :p

Yeah, SI only has a slim, and one large, bottom coil. The Volt is their slim cig-a-like, and the Volt X2 and Spinner? is larger. Their site's really not user friendly...

T2 is top coil (TCC) :) warmer vape, less leakage, better taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread