Have a few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy19721

Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hello I am just starting out, I got my first kit less than a week ago and haven't had an analog since! I have been a pack and a half smoker and smoked for 20 years. I just ordered my 2′nd kit KR808D-1 from cig easy after the buying Apollo extreme which I wasn’t happy with their tobacco flavor and they only offer 1 flavor of it although I do like their coffee, I read that there are no compatible carts other than their brand, is this correct?
My other question is, is the KR808D-1 compatible with the Smokeless Image Volt carto’s?
I also just ordered a volt kit, juice and blank carto's from smokeless image and hoping they are interchangeable.
What are you opinions on the Apollo if any on how they refill with juice? I am happy with them overall with battery life, vapor, just the flavor doesn't do it for me.
I would also love to get a tank for my 808 and volt instead of using the pre-filled carto's what do you recommend?
I know that I will have to recharge these more often than if I went with the fat bat models but it's not a problem for me, I always have a battery charging.
Thanks!:confused:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't recognize what Apollo is.

You don't have to use prefilled cartos on KR808D-1 You can use blank cartos - I use Vapor4Life WOW cartos, many like the blanks SmokelessImage Volt and Bloogplanet Maxxfusion have. That is what most people use. Any "tank" would be a reservoir cartomizer and would still have limited life but be need more fiddling with. GotVapes has the new Deluxe Fluxomizers (sortof cloudy clear) that are not supposed to creak and leak like the old totally clear ones and be sure to order the syringe because you need a syringe to fill reservoir cartos (and as a slim ecig, don't go below 2.5 ohms on KR808D-1). Reservoir cartos generally like 20-30% VG juices (i.e 70PG/30VG to 80PG/20VG) and in stuffing cartomizers I won;t use over 20% VG. I also recommend avoid juices that are dark and seem to leave a lot of flavoring sediment behind.

If you bought auto batteries, you will have to be extra careful that a carto is not going to leak before you put if back on the battery. Autos are the batteries most easily damaged or killed by juice leaks.

Last edited:

Sassy19721

Sep 3, 2011
PA
Can you buy pre-mix juices, and if so where and how do you know what the mix percentage is? I have some coming from smokeless image, pinkspotvapors, and cig easy but have no idea if they are all PG or a mix with VG. I do have auto bat and I will be very careful not and refill well in advance, Do you recommend using the drip method or putting liquid in the rubber cap and sitting it in to let it draw up into the fiber?

You don't have to use prefilled cartos. You can use blank cartos - I use Vapor4Life WOW cartos, many like the blanks SmokelessImage Volt and Bloogplanet Maxxfusion have. That is what most people use. Any "tank" would be a reservoir cartomizer and would still have limited life but be need more fiddling with. GotVapes has the new Deluxe Fluxomizers (sortof cloudy clear) that are not supposed to creak and leak like the old totally clear ones and be sure to order the syringe because you need a syringe to fill reservoir cartos (and as a slim ecig, don't go below 2.5 ohms on KR808D-1). Reservoir cartos generally like 20-30% VG juices (i.e 70PG/30VG to 80PG/20VG) and in stuffing cartomizers I won;t use over 20% VG. I also recommend avoid juices that are dark and seem to leave a lot of flavoring sediment behind.

If you bought auto batteries, you will have to be extra careful that a carto is not going to leak before you put if back on the battery. Autos are the batteries most easily damaged or killed by juice leaks.

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
I never used the condom method, seemed to messy for me and dripping in worked just as well. Now I use the CE2 fluxomizers from got vapes and the syringe method seems easiest for me but others despise it and still want to drip it in. In that case it's a simple switch of caps and you can do either method, just not the condom fill.

Sassy19721

Sep 3, 2011
PA
Thanks 35mm, I haven't explored to much into dripping yet, I had touched on it a little in my reading and that may be my next adventure lol Im just trying to get the basics down right now on juices carto's and not breaking the bank to much ;) I am only on day 6 of vaping my Apollo and I do love this e-cig plenty of vapor and battery life just want some variety that they don't offer with their flavors, although they are coming out with a new refillable model, im thinking it's going to be similar to the ego or another fat bat style with a bunch of new juices that will only be available with that model at first, I just don't want to invest in yet another kit at the moment.

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
Since I haven't used their particular brand a good starting point would be 20 and go slowly from there until you don't see it sinking in anymore. Make sure to blow through battery end out the mouth end into a napkin to make sure you haven't got any in the draw(air) tube and wipe both ends before placing on batt's.

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
Welcome to vapeville, sassy....I wouldn't recommend dripping with auto batts, like dormouse mentioned....
Congrats on being analog free, tho....keep it going....

Edit....I'm referring to direct dripping on an atty....
Dripping method for refilling cartos is fine....just tilt and drip down the sides of the carto wall, rather than straight down the center....sorry for any confusion...

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Don't drip on an atomizer or cartomizer on auto batteries.

If you bought KR8 manual batteries, you can put a dse901 standard resistance atomizer and drip tip on the battery for testing juices.

Juices sold at KR808D-1 Name brand websites are usually high PG unless stated as VG because they sell juices that work well in cartos (i.e high PG or probably-well-thinned VG)

I use a couple of Vapor4Life WOW juices (some of which I tried first in their carto sample packs - some of their juices are over flavored and their WOW cartos have a strong hit). I like WOWbacco and WOW Vanilla.

When I buy juice from a JUICE vendor I expect the PG/VG to be stated - else I won't buy there.

Sassy19721

Sep 3, 2011
PA
I will have to go back to the sites and see if it states if the juices are a mix. :) I really didn't pay attention when I ordered :O Thanks! I believe most of mine that are coming are auto's
Don't drip on an atomizer or cartomizer on auto batteries.

If you bought KR8 manual batteries, you can put a dse901 standard resistance atomizer and drip tip on the battery for testing juices.

Juices sold at KR808D-1 Name brand websites are usually high PG unless stated as VG because they sell juices that work well in cartos (i.e high PG or probably-well-thinned VG)

I use a couple of Vapor4Life WOW juices (some of which I tried first in their carto sample packs - some of their juices are over flavored and their WOW cartos have a strong hit). I like WOWbacco and WOW Vanilla.

When I buy juice from a JUICE vendor I expect the PG/VG to be stated - else I won't buy there.

Sassy19721

Sep 3, 2011
PA
can you explain this,are you talking about the carto's and how do I know what the ohms are? I ordered blanks from smokeless image, are they ok?
(and as a slim ecig, don't go below 2.5 ohms on KR808D-1).

You don't have to use prefilled cartos on KR808D-1 You can use blank cartos - I use Vapor4Life WOW cartos, many like the blanks SmokelessImage Volt and Bloogplanet Maxxfusion have. That is what most people use. Any "tank" would be a reservoir cartomizer and would still have limited life but be need more fiddling with. GotVapes has the new Deluxe Fluxomizers (sortof cloudy clear) that are not supposed to creak and leak like the old totally clear ones and be sure to order the syringe because you need a syringe to fill reservoir cartos (and as a slim ecig, don't go below 2.5 ohms on KR808D-1). Reservoir cartos generally like 20-30% VG juices (i.e 70PG/30VG to 80PG/20VG) and in stuffing cartomizers I won;t use over 20% VG. I also recommend avoid juices that are dark and seem to leave a lot of flavoring sediment behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread