Can't believe it, I think cigarettes are the WORST thing ever now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Was the mint wintergreen flavored? I can't stand wintergreen and wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem. I haven't tried any Marlboro snus.

It may have been Wintergreen flavor, but I love that flavor. In fact I am vaping a DIY Wintergreen juice right now. That wouldn't explain the lozenges though. Those were most definitely not wintergreen or mint of any kind. I mostly used the Cherry flavor lozenges, but sometimes the Regular as well (if they were out of Cherry at the store). Anyway, regardless of the root cause, I cannot recommend those products for long term use due to my personal experiences. For short term (like a long airline flight, or maybe a week in a hotel, when I can't vape) I might even consider using them again. I mean I did stop smoking while using them. I just couldn't keep using them.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I'm not picking a fight here. Just adding my :2c:.

I spent over 30 years working in surgery. Oral cancer is a terrible and physically deforming condition. I assisted on way too many radical total neck surgeries for oral cancers than I care to remember. All of those patients had a history of chewing tobacco.

If you're a fan of the NFL, you'll probably remember two hall of fame quarterbacks that developed oral cancer. Both chewed tobacco.
From one 12 to another: On beating cancer twice
I read through this thread with amusing interest, and then I came across this post..... which is so completely full of lies and misdirection you should get a job in the tobacco control industry. It really is where you belong.

First off, all forms of western smokeless tobacco (Those from Sweden and the US) have no associating with oral cancer. The three major risk for oral cancer are smoking, alcohol, and HPV. Smokeless tobacco doesn't even make it on the list of risk factors. The connection to oral cancer and smokeless tobacco is a myth with no science to back it up.

The link you gave is about Lymphoma which, as far as I can tell, is not associated with tobacco use, even smoking.

You may want to look into the writings of Brad Rodu and Carl Phillips, along with what CASAA has to say on smokeless about the actual risk of smokeless tobacco (close to zero), before you continue to show your extreme bias and ignorance on the subject.

Tobacco Truth: Federal Studies: ZERO Mouth Cancer Deaths Among Men Who Dip or Chew Tobacco

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread