Sigelei Telescopic Zmax V3 or Vamo? Which do you prefer and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
Now that the price of a sigelei TeleZmax V3 has come down quite a bit I think it is safe to say that it is close enough in price to the Vamo that the two could most likely be on the same prospective shopping list for consideration. The Vamo is still larger but both can be adjusted to a smaller size, Zmax V3 by way of telescoping and Vamo by way of removing the extension sleeve. I would probably give the Zmax V3 a slight advantage as it will fit an 18500/490 where the Vamo is limited to 18650 and 18350. They both have nice OLED screens, but then the Zmax V3 has the single button for navigation and the Vamo has three, that being a matter of preference. If you haven't used both here are a couple links to articles on both, Zmaz V3 article & Vamo article, they both have photos and user instructions so you can compare menu features. Another plus for the Zmax V3 is that it is offered in two completely different body styles, certainly a first that I can think of ...

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
don't have a vamo but I can tell you the sigelei has been a beast in the six months I've had it. it is built amazingly well for the price (no squeaking threads, no rattles, just solid). it goes all day, everyday. I have used it in every battery configuration( 183500, 18500, and 18650). works flawlessly with any of them. while I am in the process of getting a dna20 custom mod, I can't imagine ever getting rid of it- probably get a v5 to back up my back up!

dud3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Portland, OR
My telescoping sig already crapped out. Rarely even took it out the house. Would take my backup Vamo instead. The button only fires when it wants. And the hit isn't very consistent. And to top it off the screen is crooked. Thought it could be a fluke. Ordered 2 more of the non telescoping for girlfriend and mom. Mom's seems fine but I think she's sneaking analogs (never asks for juice anymore). Girlfriend's button headed the same route.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
My telescoping sig already crapped out. Rarely even took it out the house. Would take my backup Vamo instead. The button only fires when it wants. And the hit isn't very consistent. And to top it off the screen is crooked. Thought it could be a fluke. Ordered 2 more of the non telescoping for girlfriend and mom. Mom's seems fine but I think she's sneaking analogs (never asks for juice anymore). Girlfriend's button headed the same route.

You probably need to clean your threads then use noalox or vasoline on them might fix your issues.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Its the buttons. Press them and the screen doesn't even light up. They'll light up without a device on them.

I'm not a modder but I've read on previous Zmax's the springs were too strong and had a tendency to puah batteries up too far, progressively dislodging buttons etc. Idk. Just a guess.

BurntHit

Jul 11, 2013
USA
I like the Vamo, but like the Zmax V3 screen more.

I like that I can use a 18500 with the Zmax V3, but don't like the single button interface.

After getting a Vamo V3 in stainless steel... its turned into the mod I want to use... Aside from my mech mods and hobby builds like a DNA 20, the Vamo V3 is my everyday unit, so much so I bought a second one of the exact same thing.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
I have to say both are good, i liked the easy of use of the vamo over the zmax, the vamo feels better quality and more solid, my zmax does not have any issue so far but is the second one my first one was DOA, the fire buton feel much better and durable on the vamo over the toyish feel on zmax, the zmax screen is cool but in fact in vamo you can read better and you can do everything with 1 click, adjust power click up or click down, in zmax click until menu setup then wait then click again..

Overall i can say VAMO wins. You should look at the SVD so far is my favorite.

apybyper.jpg

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread