Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Im not going to tell you where I lost a Provari but it involved an invitation to come inside and several glasses of wine :)

Thank you for not sharing!! My mind has created a picture likely more entertains than the actual occurrence![emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Same here. Takes about a minute to prime, insert and fill. A few non powered puffs and I'm good to go.

Tapa-shutup

Well, it takes me somewhat longer than that, but mainly just because of that one dry hit I got from a carto that I hadn't primed sufficiently -- OMG that was NASTY. So, I take my time; after I put the 1ml into the carto, I let it sit for about 5 mins, which makes sure the juice gets all the way down, and also gives it time for any leaking drops to show themselves. Then I insert it, fill the tank, and give it another few mins, while watching the bubbles float up from the holes... once they slow down, I give it a couple priming puffs, and have at it. Oh, I also turn the power down about 1 or 1.5 watts from my usual, for ther first few hits. Once I know it's going well, I turn it back to my usual 10w. Yeah, I probably could do it much faster than I do, but that one dry hit persuaded me that slower is better. :D

Andria

Just1Fixxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Ohio
It is hard to beat a well performing cartotank. I bought 3 Boge F17's this year (great tank, btw) thinking that this would be my new full
time setup.

But, then I bought a BVC tank shortly thereafter, and then another, and another, another, and another. Now my F17's, as much as I like them, they just sit.

Once primed correctly my BVC's just perform flawlessly. Seems like I always have to fidget with my cartos.

I firmly stand behind my quote above... BUT

Just for S&G's I decided to fire up a cartotank today (Boge F-17 + Boge XXL LR). Out of about 12 hours of use I have had two leaks and one dry hit. Which is just about how I remember them to be, fidgety. But, when they are "on" they are ON! Other than the few mishaps, I have really been enjoying this today.

I can't see me veering away from my trusty BVC's anytime soon, but it is kinda fun to revisit old gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread