Carto tank issues, flooding carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarfcat

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Grand Rapids MI
The first time I fill up the carto and tank everything works great. However I run into issues flooding the carto when refilling the tank. I think im doing it right. I remove the top cap, push the carto down and put the juice in the tank. When I push the top cap back on the carto floods and juice comes out the bottom connector hole and out the top of the carto. By the time im done blowing the juice out of the flooded carto my 6ml tank is almost half empty. Was wondering what I could be doing wrong.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
There is no need to remove top cap, doing so will flood the carto when reinstalled.
By blowing into the carto (holes covered by liquid) you're over pressurizing the tank which causes more flooding.
If you need to clear a flooded carto tank hold it upside down so the liquid level is below the holes in the carto, then blow to clear.
Leave it upside down for a minute so the pressure can escape / equalize.

I fill from the bottom and don't run into this problem.

Last edited:

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
To refill a carto tank you pull the carto partially out and fill from the top. Get a refill tool like the Slap Yo Mama to save your o-rings. If you remove the top cap you will flood the carto putting the cap back on every time. There is other tank tools out there, IBTanked sells one for much less. It's the one I use, but I want to get the Slap Yo Mama for swapping cartos.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Dont remove the top!!! Arg, thats makes so much sense. I feel dumb as hell. Thanks

<chuckle> Ya weren't da first, nor be da last! Been dere... done dat...
toothy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread