should I use non-res wire with this build or not????

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I agree with Thrasher, I can't see how using non-resistance wire would be beneficial in the igo-l. I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time...

You probably already know this, but if you are going the sub ohm route, make sure you do lots of research on battery safety and have a way to check resistance without firing.

awesome thanks. @Aglet yep my dad taught me air conditioning when i was younger so i have a multimetter im looking to get one of the little ones off of madvapes but they never have stock grrr lol.

i just dont understand the need of non res wire i have an octopus-alike dripper and the coils have non res leads so it kind of confused me.

bradwinters

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
About the only reason I can think of to use no resistance wire in a dripper is if you're doing a multi-coil build. By cutting identical length pieces of resistance wire and attaching it to no resistance wire, you can build coils that are the same resistance. The benefit of this would be more even heating of your coils. In a dual coil setup, for example, if one of your coils is lower in resistance than the other, the coil with lower resistance will draw more current. Usually the difference isn't really noticeable. But it's there. Hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread