Should i buy an eleaf istick 20w mod without the accessories or the the accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

askJPB

Aug 28, 2016
Hi Aniket,

My very first kit was iStick Eleaf 30watts with a kangertech tank the one with replaceable coild head and doesn't have an RBA deck. When I started vaping the mod and tank was enough for me but later on I realize 30watts was not enough because the clouds was not enough for me. I'd say the taste is very good but you can't get a good vapor production with these. It would be better if you get a 75watts just to get ready in case you sub ohm and build dual coils. Try checking Joyetech Evic Mini 75watts it's good mod. I used this before when I decided to go dual coils and sub ohm. :)

It's better to start with something you can upgrade in the future. ;)

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
I have ordered a lot of these and never the full kits.
Some have included the eGo-510 adapter.
@Aniket Sabarad - have you ordered an adapter? The K1 BVC needs an adapter.
No, I haven't ordered the adapter as I too thought that the iStick would come with the adapter. Hence I enquired with the FT guys and they told me that it doesn't come with the adapter and only the mod is sent. So I was not sure if I should order the complete kit which comes at 28$ or just the mod with comes at 21$. Now, I'm planning to cancel the order altogether and reorder.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
No, I haven't ordered the adapter as I too thought that the iStick would come with the adapter. Hence I enquired with the FT guys and they told me that it doesn't come with the adapter and only the mod is sent. So I was not sure if I should order the complete kit which comes at 28$ or just the mod with comes at 21$. Now, I'm planning to cancel the order altogether and reorder.

Yes. I am sorry to say that sounds best. It would not have been usable with the K1 and you would be unhappy.
If you look at other models (30w, 40w, 60w) then check the status of the stock. Not all colours have the same status. Some might already be available.... if one was shipped soon, you might beat your original order, which would be good. :)

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Actually, the eGo adapter doesn't come at 21$. Only the mod is sent at 21$. But for 28$, they send the complete box with accessories which include USB cable, charger and eGo adapter.
FastTech has an eGo adapter for $1.19 HERE. If you need a 2.0 Male to Mini USB Cable, you can get one for under $2 at FastTech or just about anywhere else.

I have two 20W iSticks and they've both worked fine for well over a year. If you want something better and more powerful for just a little more money, I'd skip the 30W iStick and get an 80W iStick Pico ($29.45). The Pico has temperature control and uses a replaceable battery. When the iStick's built in battery fails (it will sooner or later) you have to throw the whole mod away. Granted, however, that that the Pico is a bit fatter and heavier than the iStick.

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
FastTech has an eGo adapter for $1.19 HERE. If you need a 2.0 Male to Mini USB Cable, you can get one for under $2 at FastTech or just about anywhere else.

I have two 20W iSticks and they've both worked fine for well over a year. If you want something better and more powerful for just a little more money, I'd skip the 30W iStick and get an 80W iStick Pico ($29.45). The Pico has temperature control and uses a replaceable battery. When the iStick's built in battery fails (it will sooner or later) you have to throw the whole mod away. Granted, however, that that the Pico is a bit fatter and heavier than the iStick.
But the 30W one costs only 2 dollars more than the 20W, among the 2 which do you think I should go for? I'm in such a dilemma after reading so many posts.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
But the 30W one costs only 2 dollars more than the 20W, among the 2 which do you think I should go for? I'm in such a dilemma after reading so many posts.
I have not used the 30W iStick. I don't like to recommend anything I have not used myself. However, they are very popular.

I own the Pico and it's an excellent, inexpensive, well made little mod.

I have not used the K1 BVC. I have used the Aspire Nautilus Mini and Kangertech AeroTank2. Both are very good tank atomizers and I believe you'd be pleased with either one. They use a 510 connection, so they don't require an eGo adapter. Unless you're into cloud chasing, they produce plenty of vapor.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Get the 30W - asides from the extra 10W of power, and the steel 510 threads, the 20W model has been known to 'fire hot' and use Mean instead of RMS (like all modern mods use).
Yes, that's been the criticism. Phil Busardo pointed it out in his review. I personally haven't had a problem with them and they've worked satisfactorily for me. If you've had a good experience with the 30W, you have a lot of company and I'd certainly not disagree.
I stopped buying mods with built-in batteries. I'm tired of having to throw them away.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Yeah - I'd second the Pico - plenty of people seem to be raving about them - just make sure that you get a topper that fits over the little top battery cap.

Fasttech sell an OEM Pico for USD$20 - the Authentic NME Pioneer N-75 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - that seems to be identical in every way to the eLeaf model - in fact, it appears that eLeaf might have just had their names stamped on a foundry design like nearly all of the big-name brands do, like Kanger and Aspire etc.

$19.99 Authentic NME Pioneer N-75 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-315'C(200-600'F) / 1*18650 / zinc alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

5648801-3.jpg

5648801-4.jpg

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
Yes. I am sorry to say that sounds best. It would not have been usable with the K1 and you would be unhappy.
If you look at other models (30w, 40w, 60w) then check the status of the stock. Not all colours have the same status. Some might already be available.... if one was shipped soon, you might beat your original order, which would be good. :)
Hey, could you also recommend some good brand of e-juices that I can purchase on fasttech? I heard that there chinese brand juices and american brand juices. And the american brand juices are way better in flavoring and quality than the chinese brands it seems.

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
It's not a good thing and it's an old fashioned way of measuring voltage as well as being 1/3 less powerful than the 30W.
Cool, thank a lot. Hey, could you also recommend some good brand of e-juices that I can purchase on fasttech? I heard that there chinese brand juices and american brand juices. And the american brand juices are way better in flavoring and quality than the chinese brands it seems.

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
My mistake. I only know what came with mine. Sorry.
Hey, could you also recommend some good brand of e-juices that I can purchase on fasttech? I heard that there chinese brand juices and american brand juices. And the american brand juices are way better in flavoring and quality than the chinese brands it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread