Shipping from Canada is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Bought something in Canada last week off the classies. Got tracking number and entered it into my app, as well as going to the Canada post website. No updates, nothing.... Just showing "accepted" for the last week. I think this will be the last time I buy something that's not in the US to begin with. How long should this take to get here? It's near Buffalo NY and I'm in Cincinnati.... Only about 600 miles. I routinely get stuff shipped here from the west coast US that only takes 3 days at the most. Has customs seized my package?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Shipping from the US to Canada has generally taken about 2 weeks for me. Tracking in that direction is the same as your experience the other way. I used to just accept this and deal with it, but shipping to Canada has gotten a lot more expensive lately and I've developed great Canadian sources. Have patience and don't sweat it. It will work out for you!

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Oh my GOD!!! Been checking the Canada post site every day and no updates until today. It took seven days, an entire WEEK!.... To travel 64 kilometers (40 minute drive according to GPS) to travel from Grimsby ON to Mississauga ON!!!!!

An entire week!

That is just pitiful! I will never deal with this kind of shipping again, that's for certain. This is the worst service I've ever witnessed in 20 years of using shipping for personal business. Dark ages up there, I feel sorry for folks that have to deal with this kind of ineptness.... New meaning to the term snail mail..... More like freaking GLACIER mail...

Last edited:

MBear

Mar 31, 2013
Markham, ON, Canada
Canada post is brutal. I can get stuff shipped from Florida to Ontario Canada faster than some things come right in province.

That's interesting.
I'm an American in Canada.

Where I live (San Diego), we're actually lucky if USPS mail makes it to our box at all.
Here in Ontario, I can order liquid and I receive it the day after it was shipped.

I'm thinking perhaps the issue is customs/border stuff.
Tougher to vaping supplies into Canada, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread