• Deleted by lamarrk
  • Reason: Duplicate post.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Short or small chambers atty`s (mini`s, hobo, Derringer, Atomic, Origen), I usually aim for .4 using 26 gauge.

I run that 26 gauge set up in all my rta`s too, Orchids and Goblins.

On much larger attys, Mutation, Aeolus, I`ll use a 6-7 wrap of 24 or less common is 22 gauge round a 3mm for about .2 to .3 range. I am able to run 22 gauge 3mm .2 ohm coil sets in my Little boy, Vulcan and Aeolus v2 and its yummy.

But, everyone is different, I come from smoking cigars so I prefer a fairly warm vape, without being too hot, as in scorching hot. Every time I try and go below .2 it gets too hot and I notice flavor starts to fade out when it gets over a certain temperature.

There is no single "flavor" coil or set up that works for every atty`s, Period. It all works in combination with the kind of draw you prefer, the air flow going over (or under) the coils, the diameter of your drip tip, the wicking, and other fine tuned minutia. Generally you look at the atty, is it big or is it small? Look at the airflow and how you like it? And then use your best guess for the first set of coils, them you tweak it as you go along to your liking. :?) Sometimes it`ll take me three or four coilings to get what I`m really looking for or want. Sometimes, occasionally, I`ll nail it the first time around (Vulcan and Little boy were easy winners!).

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I don't fool around with a lot of builds anymore. I've pretty much settled in on what works, for me. I'm into vaping, not coil building. I only use Reos and bottom feed attys. My standard build is: dual 2mm diameter coils, 7 wrap, 26g kanthal. Depending on leg length, resistance comes out to between .4 and .45 Ohms. I wick with either KGD or Cotton Bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread