Severael KR808 problems, common or strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
So I've been vaping for a couple weeks now. Been using the KR808 the whole time, and still have no desire to go to anything else. I really like it. I do have a couple questions that I really hope some one can help me out with.

I have one battery that I completely charged for about 2 hours, until the light turned blue. Once it was charged, I used it. It literally lasted about 5 minutes:(. It's charging now so I can try it again. I've read that batteries sometimes just kick the bucket for no reason. First question is if when they do, is this symptom normal? Or do they not work at all, not even for 5 minutes?

I started re-filling shortly after I bought my kit. When I use a blank cartomizer, the first fill is great. Then when I go to re-fill it, I notice that the whole is slightly closed up. I'll lightly open it back up, and it'll work great. And each consecutive time it gets much worse until the point that I can barely get a pull through it. How many times without cleaning can you refill a cartomizer, if you never let it burn? I've never burned one. When I go to re-fill it I only put about 10-15 drops in it versus the 22-28 when it is completely empty. It's really frustrating, I'll re-fill a cart (using the Taryn spin method) say roughly 15 drops to top off, and when I go to use it I can hear it cracking and gurgling and find a puddle on top of the filling. So I'll blow out a bunch of liquid, and continue using it but it does not last like it should. Does the filling actually wear out where it won't work? Are there pictures of good & bad cartomizer filling to be able to tell?

My newest and favorite flavor lately is the "Nhaler Chocolate Macadamia Nut 24mg". When I use this it is very hard to fill a cart (new or used). I can only put 3-5 drops at a time before I have to shake it like a thermometer or the Taryn Spin, and do it again. Almost every single time I over fill it and it causes problems to clean back up.

One more thing I just thought of:p. With the Taryn Spin or Thermometer shake methods, does that cause and issue with the filling? I'm not sure how the cartomizer is made and where the actual atomizer part is. The hole seems to be made so no liquid easily goes into it (where the air flows), yet after some spins or shake it seems like it starts leaking through like a hole in a pipe. Any ideas?

Sorry for the extremmmmely long post... I have searched and read all over trying to find my answers, yet unless I missed something I can't seem to get an answer. :DThank you for your help!!:D

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
sounds like all this is mostly related to not having good batteries working the way they should.

I would suggest when you can to get a mod that does 5 or 6 volts and use an adapter so you can use your cartos on. Like a 510>808 adapter from altsmoke.com

I have never had the problems you are describing about filling. sorry.

I do know you can spend a fortune on those small batteries that will last a short time before replacing them again and the length of time you get from one is hit and miss.

Maybe someone can suggest a bigger battery that is longer lasting..

I love the cartos on 5v and 6v mods. Never a problem at all with them lasting and reusuing many many times..

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
sounds like all this is mostly related to not having good batteries working the way they should.

I would suggest when you can to get a mod that does 5 or 6 volts and use an adapter so you can use your cartos on. Like a 510>808 adapter from altsmoke.com

I have never had the problems you are describing about filling. sorry.

I do know you can spend a fortune on those small batteries that will last a short time before replacing them again and the length of time you get from one is hit and miss.

Maybe someone can suggest a bigger battery that is longer lasting..

I love the cartos on 5v and 6v mods. Never a problem at all with them lasting and reusuing many many times..

Doots, I was really hoping no one would say that :(. It's still charging now, so I'll see tomorrow if it was a fluke and just never charged fully (fingers crossed!).

I had originally thought about getting a mod. When I first tried the 5v passthrough, let's just say I wasn't ecstatic like some people are when they go HV... I loved the vapor, but I didn't care for any of the flavors I tried enough to switch.

The one mod that I do keep thinking about is the GGMini though. The fact that it has a big 3.7V battery is very attracting. And the fact it is extremely small is probably the biggest factor. I just couldn't see using a Protege, Nhaler, GGRegular, or any of the other full size mods. So I guess, are there any other mods that I might like? Biggest factors are (small size, 3.7V). I don't want to spend a fortune, but don't mind spending a bit on something that is quality and will last.

Does anyone else have any other ideas on the cartridges or the Nhaler Chocolate Macadamia juice issues I am having? Right now I'm using my KR with a blank cart that I just filled for the second time, and it's still running strong, yet I'm nervous that it's only a matter of time before something happens and I get that leak into the air way...

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
Two questions...

Are you filling carts up with the .... plug in?

Do you have manual or auto Batteries?

Yup! Always use a .... plug and condom :lol:

And I have all auto but 1 manual, which I don't use often. With the auto I can bite the tip (omg again :lol:) and drive without hitting the button or doing anything else.

I can't stay up anymore. I'm gonna pass out and put my face through the screen. Thanks everyone! I'll be back tomorrow first thing and check for ideas or questions for me!

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Hi Ryan,
it might be your batty didnt get a good charge. Im not downing the little things but they arent for me.

I agree you might like 3.7 volts much better. I would suggest a mod that uses a 3.7 battery in the range of a 14500 LiIon battery. Will last for hours and you wont be messing with changes as much. Like a little Chuck from thagbuilt.com or a GLV 3.7v from greatlakesvapor.com

I cant stand the prefilled juices that come with cartos. I fill my own using blanks.. tastes great everytime..

Leeroy5150

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
San Diego, CA
Yup! Always use a .... plug and condom :lol:

And I have all auto but 1 manual, which I don't use often. With the auto I can bite the tip (omg again :lol:) and drive without hitting the button or doing anything else.

I can't stay up anymore. I'm gonna pass out and put my face through the screen. Thanks everyone! I'll be back tomorrow first thing and check for ideas or questions for me!

I am at a loss on the refilling issues... I'll add 15 or so drops, 10 seconds of the Taryn Twirl and then another 5-10 drops on top of that slowly until full (Slightly slushy). Re-fills last as long or longer than new ones with no difference in draw. I got what you are describing when I refilled without remembering to reinstall the plug before refillng.

With leaking carts, auto batteries are not sealed and can EASILY get stuck and stop working. Once again not sure if this is your issue but something to consider. Hope you get it sorted out and learn to love your cartomizers as much as I do.

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
I am at a loss on the refilling issues... I'll add 15 or so drops, 10 seconds of the Taryn Twirl and then another 5-10 drops on top of that slowly until full (Slightly slushy). Re-fills last as long or longer than new ones with no difference in draw. I got what you are describing when I refilled without remembering to reinstall the plug before refillng.

With leaking carts, auto batteries are not sealed and can EASILY get stuck and stop working. Once again not sure if this is your issue but something to consider. Hope you get it sorted out and learn to love your cartomizers as much as I do.

Leeroy, I thought that leaking juices into the battery might have caused it, yet I have never put a cart onto the battery without blowing into the mouth end to test that there aren't any juice that would leak into the battery.

And I really don't get it. The battery is now charged and is gonna be used after I finish this battery. And the new cart that I was using has now been topped off 4 times and is still going strong. I hope I just didn't realize that the other carts have been filled a whole bunch of times and just all met their maker about the same time...

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
Just a note to the juice from Nhaler. His juices tend to be a bit thicker. That goes for his standard 24mg and his high voltage 12mg. A bit of thinning on these works wonders for using with your cartomizers. I thin most of mine from him with several drops of pure PG. This seems to make them flow into the cartridges better. Also when using a totally blank cart you should be able to get more like 30-40 drops to be full. I use the spinning trick. I put 10 drops in and spin til the stuffing is white. Another 10 drops and spin again. Just do that until you get a slight pool at the top. I keep a small stack of paper napkins with my refill supplies. Once I get the pool at the top I use a napkin corner and push it into the cart to soak up the pool of juice at the top. Make sure you can see all the way through the hole in the cart. If you can't there is still juice in the hole. Even blowing doesn't always get that out. Gently run a needle down the middle to push the extra juice out. Look closely at the threaded end of your battery. Make sure there is no juice anywhere in there. Especially between the center and outer posts. That causes a short and won't let the battery function right. Also, usually when a battery is getting ready to die the main symptom is the life of the battery. When it stops holding a good charge it's time to buy a new one. I personally like the Extra Long 380 mah batteries. You can get them from either vapor4life or healthcabin. Well worth the money. I get no less than 8 hours of constant use from those. I hope some of this helps you out.

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
I've been thinking of trying those batteries. I have the really short ones and a couple of the middle size one. I just started using the one that died in five minutes last night after charging it last night. My fingers are crossed that it just didn't get a charge before I used it last night.

I notice with Nhlaer juices that the Chocolate Macadamia Nut juice, I can only drip 5-10 times before it needs a shake or spin. Where as his Red Bull juice, I can drip 20 times, spin, and another 10 or so with a blank or recently washed cart. Any ideas as to why? I can barely get 20 of the Chocolate Macadamia juice in a new cart even with spinning it...

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
Does a cartomizer get really hot when it's been filled if it's on it's way out? I just switched to another cart that was blank but has been filled quite a bit, and I didn't think of it until now, but I've had a couple that get really hot like almost burning my lips hot and the flavor isn't really there but the vapor is...

I'm so confused! I think I'm just gonna throw out all the carts that have been re-filled before and start a couple new ones and see where it goes... Is this a good idea?

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
Does a cartomizer get really hot when it's been filled if it's on it's way out? I just switched to another cart that was blank but has been filled quite a bit, and I didn't think of it until now, but I've had a couple that get really hot like almost burning my lips hot and the flavor isn't really there but the vapor is...

I'm so confused! I think I'm just gonna throw out all the carts that have been re-filled before and start a couple new ones and see where it goes... Is this a good idea?

That sounds to me like you burned the filler in the carto. Remember the cartos are meant to be disposable, some last a good long time with refilling but there are some that will only take a few refills then need to be tossed.

Illuminate

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Boston
I notice with Nhlaer juices that the Chocolate Macadamia Nut juice, I can only drip 5-10 times before it needs a shake or spin. Where as his Red Bull juice, I can drip 20 times, spin, and another 10 or so with a blank or recently washed cart. Any ideas as to why? I can barely get 20 of the Chocolate Macadamia juice in a new cart even with spinning it...

I've been noticing the variability as well. Is it the flavors or perhaps the actual carts? Maybe China put out a bunk supply of cartos.

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
Taryn, that's what I was thinking. It really bugs me because of the fact sometimes I just fill one up and find that it's burned and has a really crappy or no taste and waste 1ml +. It's very hard to tell because I have some ones that came filled with cola andlost a couple, yet have gone through 30+ ml in the two I have left, yet the pack of blank ones, have way way less. Like each one maybe a few ml before either no or bad taste, hard to fill, or no heat.

After looking at pics of a taken apart one and a broken one of mine that was hard to fill (only got one fill before even a couple drops when empty would gurgle) it looks like the hole that you draw through on th top is actualy no attached to the base hole, it only sits in the stuffing "held" there. Idk if it's supposed to be or not, but I was able to move it up center it and push it back down and I'm getting a good fill and it draws great.

Oh and that batt must have failed a charge for whatever reason. I can't tell for sure the two apart. I think ones a little weak in holding a charge but it's much better than five minutes that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread