Seeking highest quality KR-808D Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmpeck

Jul 21, 2010
Michigan, USA
So Ive been buying batteries from litecigusa.net and have had good success, although Im an unsure as to what to expect in their quality. The most recent one I bought was an automatic XL bat and within a week there is now a loose connection within the battery. The light will go on as I draw but sometimes there will be no power to the cartomizer.

It takes some taps around the battery to seem to get it to work again.

Luckily I have a Manual XL from the same supplier that seems to work fine although now through two months of decent use sometimes the button sticks and this worries me because it could ruin a cartomizer.

Does anyone have any suggestions to buy the highest quality and build from a supplier for KR 808d batteries? I plan on using the KR-808d because of the two piece design and I have no problems refilling and topping of cartos. I plan on sending this battery back but it is still frustrating.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
V4L has a great product with good customer service. However I am almost SURE that the batteries LiteCig sells are the SAME without the fancy color and logos.

I have batteries from both, and accessories from both. I personally believe V4L to be the KING of KR808, but LiteCig sells LOTS of different stuff, has AWESOME prices, and FREE shipping over $15.00 order. All pieces to a winning formula for me.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
Do you also need to replace litecig's chargers when you get V4L's KR8s? My 2 manual batts came from litecig and I'm thinking about replacment as well. I have a V4L manual passthrough and love it.

They are IDENTICAL batteries, so the charger works the same. It is like anything else, no matter what the individual company brands something, ALL REAL KR808's are the same, and manufactured by Kanger in China. Thus the KR in front of the name.

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
I would respectfully disagree.....not all KR808d-1's are the same. While they are all "Kanger" batteries there are several different kinds and with varying prices and more importantly, quality. I've bought a lot of KR808d-1's from several different suppliers and they almost all were different in subtle ways(diff.diameters, different battery contact points, different air venting, etc.) and almost all performed differently. That said, I have found that the KR808d-1's from V4L are the best built in terms of quality, durability, consistent performance, vapor production, battery life/per charge and overall battery life. As I said, I've had several other "Kanger" KR808d-1's from various other suppliers, some of which were inferior from the beginning and some that worked well at first but burnt out in a relatively short amount of overall usage time. This, of course, is just my opinion based on my seven months of experience thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread