SDKeyring Vs. Infinity Pro Harsh Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
Hello, I am trying to understand why I can't get the same "sweet spot" using the Infinity Pro as I get using the SDKeyring. I have a Smoketek Standard Resistance carto , used on and off for a couple of weeks. I get a very nice vape from the SD but when I move the carto to my Infinity I get a very sharp note, almost burnt. I dial the infinity as low as it will go and still the sharp taste. Does the SD work at a lower voltage than the Infinity can reach? I don't have this problem with new cartos though and the Infinity works well with those. I am thinking the gunked up coils are very sensitive to voltage? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I am not familiar with either of these PVs, but it does sound like the SD is lower voltage...depends on if it is regulated, and it probably is. But then again, a standard resistance carto should be fine up to perhaps 4.5V. But then again, again (!), some cartos, for whatever reason, have a small length of the coil in a place that doesn't stay as wet. This causes a burnt taste no matter how wet you think it is. I've had this with a few Boges, and I've not found a fix for those, so in the trash they go. This effect will be far more pronounced with higher voltage.

I would try another carto, make sure it is fully juiced, and see what happens. Repost here if need be. I assume you have a volt meter for the Pro, but if not, it could be it is not lowering the voltage as much as you think it is. The SD is probably 3.2V, so try to get the Pro down to that, or even less.

Another vet is welcome to jump in and replace my post if they have better info. This is a tough one.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
IPro minimum voltage is nominal 3.3V, though I've never measured it. I tend to run 4.5 - 5V on my Buzz Pro, 2.5 or 3 ohms, only occasionally go higher or lower.

At least with higher ohm cartos, SD Key Ring reports are claiming about 3.75V under load, with DC at just over 3.3V (too high a draw for the battery size, it appears). Those are well within IPro operating range. Perhaps the SD fitting is giving you different draw compared to the infinity.

Since other cartos are working fine on the IPro, I'd treat it as a shrug, random happening.

(I like the SD for stealth/hands-free. I use Boge 2 ohm on it, a bit low on resistance but nice performance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread