Safe Storage of Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
I think a lot of people are stocking up on large supplies of nicotine as of late. I've read about long term storage but I haven't seen a thread on safe storage of nicotine to be specific.

My concern is when nicotine is transferred to unmarked containers. It makes me think of my house here where we had to clear out someone else's stuff who was deceased. Half the stuff I didn't know what it was. If I saw a bunch of jars in the freezer I'd probably just toss it without a second thought.

I can imagine that there are a lot of situations where someone could be rooting around in your freezer that you didn't expect and would have no idea what was in an unmarked container. It could get ugly if nicotine were improperly handled.

In any case, my thoughts are that nicotine should be labeled with its strength, whether it is PG/VG based, and a statement that it is a dangerous substance—something that someone who has no idea about liquid nicotine could understand. It should be protected against leaking, breakage, and include childproofing. Also, probably a good idea to dilute as much as possible, factoring in your free space and nicotine level for vaping.

Last edited:

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Here is what I put on my bottles in the freezer.
upload_2020-8-8_0-49-44.png

Just fill in the information you want, print and then use boxing tape on the bottle.

• Useful
Reactions: CAAB and Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread