Status
Not open for further replies.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Hello,

So, my Reo Mini decided to short today after trying out the new MA atomizers and my heart just gave away because this wonderful device has lasted me for about 8 months. The spring collapsed after "trying" to get a good vape out of the new (and supposedly) bottom-feeder MA 1.5 306 atomizers. BULLCRAP!

This was the last straw for me, I'm done trying to find a good standard atomizer that will fit the needs of a heavy vapor like myself. I've tried Cisco's 306 atomizers, which were good at the beginning but the quality went straight to hell and they are just a hassle to deal with now. They require lots of cleaning, lots of blowing out, lots of dry burning, etc etc etc. I've tried various Ikenvape atomizers, same story with weaker vapor and flavor. I've tried the new dual-coil atomizers from CoV, it offered almost no airflow and the customer support was extremely horrendous. I've tried the Hybrid's, quality is there but it is not living up to the HYPE, each pull gave off this metal taste and a very weak vapor. I've tried the latest MA atomizers and the draw is really stiff on all 3 atomizers that I received. I can also taste the primer on these atomizers even after breaking them in and just to mention again, it broke my Reo.

I tried, I really really tried to do the best that I can with these "remodeled/refurbished" atomizers but they are just not worth it. The quality isn't there but the quantity sure is evident. It is almost as if they just replaced the wick material and made the bottom hole bigger, then they just have to give it some fancy name. Thus, I'm taking my stand and I won't feed these companies any longer until they come out with something innovative and with quality.

I am going to look at the rebuild-able atomizers as they seem more reliant and the quality is definitely there. Also considering trying out cartomizers with a tank set-up but still unsure. This transition will mean that I will not be using my Reo as often as I would like to (once it is fixed) since there are some limitations.

Overall, I would like to thank Rob for providing me with 8 months of quality service and experience. And Rob, would you mind taking a look at my Reo when I send it back to you for a possible fix please? Lastly, is there a chance that you might make a non-bottomfeeder mod in the near future, like the GG or Provari?

- Louis

Let the flaming begin.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
I am not the best atty user at all. I have become more of a carto user for the last few months. Have you ever tried a carto on your reo?

Nope, I haven't tried a carto and for the most part I don't even know where to begin. I heard they last for a few days and you just toss em, or they can last for a week or two using a tank, and they are cost effective? Can you give me some small details on cartos and your experience with them?

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have been using nothing but cartomizers on my Reos for a few months. I get 6-12ml through them before they die, (that is an average). With atties, I had leaks, dry hits, and juice in the mouth.
The nice thing about a carto/bottom feeder combination is that the cargo never gets dry. Every 10 or so hits, I just squonk once or twice, wait a few minutes and cape. Cartos are much easier for me than atomizers.

Jeann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
The Netherlands
hmm, quess thats why i don't dare to try those fancy atty's, well at least not yet. i still use those standard 510 atty's from Joye and Totally Wicked. they are kinda bullit proof, according to flooding, dry-burns and clogging up. most of them reach the respectible age of 6 months or older. all they need a simple waterboiling session every one or two months when the taste diminish. granted it took me a learing curve of about 2 months and since then it's become second nature. in the beginning i tried some mega 510's but switching back and forth but confused me during the learing curve.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
No flaming, Louis. Atomizers have become the weak point in vaping. A tube type won't fix your problems; it's not the feeding that is causing your issues, it is the atomizers. You could try cartos (about $20 for 15) or high voltage batteries so you can use standard resistance atomizers (probably best if you had a Grand) or get a VV when Robert comes out with them in a couple of months.

Sorry you are having these problems :(

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
What cartomizer brand do you guys recommend?

Update - I ripped off a spring from a old mod (PS protege) that I have and attached it to the Reo Mini. Works fine so far...

Mlinky - I don't think I explained it well, sorry. Cartomizers will work with my Reo but I don't think the repairable atty's (Genesis Line, Iatty, etc) will be appropriate for the Reo, may be wrong.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky

Update - I ripped off a spring from a old mod (PS protege) that I have and attached it to the Reo Mini. Works fine so far...

Mlinky - I don't think I explained it well, sorry. Cartomizers will work with my Reo but I don't think the repairable atty's (Genesis Line, Iatty, etc) will be appropriate for the Reo, may be wrong.

If they have 510 theading and a hole, they will work. They will work without the hole, but you won't be able to feed.

Crystal Clear Vaping has the 1.7 ohm Resurrectors and the Boge 2 ohm cartos for a deal of about $20 for 15 with free shipping.

Last edited:

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
I use Boge LR 2.0 from Crystal Clear Vaping-15 Cartos for $20 with free syringe, drip tip and shipping. They are pretty consistent, great vapor and taste. Also 5% discount with ECF5off

I've gone the same route, Boge's 2ohm or the Resurrector's 1.7 ohm, just got tired of all the new atties and the hype without the performance, not to mention the cost. Now I have a consistency to my vaping that I did not have with atties.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas

Here's an excellent vendor, already mentioned.

Again, I recommend starting with the clear cartos so you can use visual cues to learn how to bottom feed them. If a carto is fired while it's too dry, it will taste nasty forever and ever, amen.

If you do try cartos, prefill them with the condom method, give them plenty of time to let the juice saturate the polyfill around the coils, then use them on your Reo and squonk juice to them every so often to keep them wet. Easy peasy.

Edit: This post cracked me up. I thought I'd share. :laugh:

Last edited:

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
I am using the Boge 2.0 cartos from CCV. I buy them using the 15 carto special. From what I have read here I think the juice I use kills the carto taste quicker than most others. I get 2 or 3 days off a carto vaping about 3 ml per day. Seems like I used to get another day or 2 but not sure why it has changed the last couple of months. The cartos are pretty idiot proof, I seem to be using about 15 a month.....

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hello,

So, my Reo Mini decided to short today after trying out the new MA atomizers and my heart just gave away because this wonderful device has lasted me for about 8 months. The spring collapsed after "trying" to get a good vape out of the new (and supposedly) bottom-feeder MA 1.5 306 atomizers. BULLCRAP!

This was the last straw for me, I'm done trying to find a good standard atomizer that will fit the needs of a heavy vapor like myself. I've tried Cisco's 306 atomizers, which were good at the beginning but the quality went straight to hell and they are just a hassle to deal with now. They require lots of cleaning, lots of blowing out, lots of dry burning, etc etc etc. I've tried various Ikenvape atomizers, same story with weaker vapor and flavor. I've tried the new dual-coil atomizers from CoV, it offered almost no airflow and the customer support was extremely horrendous. I've tried the Hybrid's, quality is there but it is not living up to the HYPE, each pull gave off this metal taste and a very weak vapor. I've tried the latest MA atomizers and the draw is really stiff on all 3 atomizers that I received. I can also taste the primer on these atomizers even after breaking them in and just to mention again, it broke my Reo.

I tried, I really really tried to do the best that I can with these "remodeled/refurbished" atomizers but they are just not worth it. The quality isn't there but the quantity sure is evident. It is almost as if they just replaced the wick material and made the bottom hole bigger, then they just have to give it some fancy name. Thus, I'm taking my stand and I won't feed these companies any longer until they come out with something innovative and with quality.

I am going to look at the rebuild-able atomizers as they seem more reliant and the quality is definitely there. Also considering trying out cartomizers with a tank set-up but still unsure. This transition will mean that I will not be using my Reo as often as I would like to (once it is fixed) since there are some limitations.

Overall, I would like to thank Rob for providing me with 8 months of quality service and experience. And Rob, would you mind taking a look at my Reo when I send it back to you for a possible fix please? Lastly, is there a chance that you might make a non-bottomfeeder mod in the near future, like the GG or Provari?

- Louis

Let the flaming begin.

Hi Louis, it's not over with your REO! We are very fortunate to have a MOD MASTER who provides stellar and extraordinary support for his mods. He consistently requests that anyone having any issue at all with his mod send him a Private Message @ redeyedancer. Not only that, but many times he comes directly to the forum to address any posts about troubles personally :)

Hang in there Louis - it may take a little while to find your vaping sweet spot with attys or cartos, but once you do you will find that the costly and sometimes painful journey was worth it! There is nothing like being able to reach for your mod every day and have it deliver the kind of blissful vape and smoking dejavu that I find I can now take for granted with my setup (Any REO + AvidVapers HH357 + my all day vape juice).

Hugs,
D718

hang.jpg

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

Sorry for your problems dokebilee! Just wanted to pop in as say, you might want to order a spring from Rob's site. I don't know if the one your using is the safety spring. Wouldn't hurt to have a back-up on hand either.
Also, cartomizers are good. I really didn't want to try them but so glad I did. The Resurrectors at CCV are a great way to go!

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Thanks to everyone for your support.

Mlinky - Thanks again, I ordered a batch of the 1.7 ohm "The Resurrectors" to try them out.

Lostknitter - Used the coupon code for my order, thanks :).

Hubseven - Yep, these guys are always announcing some form of new atomizers but in the end the results are mostly the same. Sort of like beating a dead horse with a wooden stick.

Mudflap - Nice! Thanks for the information.

Canoeist - What juice do you use? I only vape juices from Alien Visions, best stuff imo.

Delilah718 - Yep, Redeyedancer is known for his service/support and I'm sure that he will fix the spring if I do get around to sending it back. I'll send him a message asap.

Nerak - Yea I didn't want to try Cartos either (don't really know why) but now I will try them out.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Just to add my 2 cents ......

First, yes atomizers suck. No matter what you do to them they will never be as trouble free as we would all like.

Second, I'm pretty much all cartomizers now days because of that. I do use some Joye 1.5Ω 510 that I get for less than 5 bucks each. That way I'm not too attached to chuck one when it misbehaves.

Third, you question about cartos being cost effective. Well that depends on what your comparing it to.
Compared to sticking with one single kind of atty and treating them well .... No. Compared to buying all kinds of new stuff to try and find something better .... Yes they are much cheaper than that :)

Fourth, Re-buildable attys. Cool concept but IMO you really need a VV mod if you are going to use them full time.
For me at least a difference of .2 or .3 Ω is huge. You never really know what ohmage your going to get until your done and meter it. So its nice to have a VV mod to dial up or down depending on whether you came in light or heavy. And lastly they are about impossible to score with the exception of that crappy one nHaler sells.

Fifth, Rob build a non-feeder mod ??? Good Lord why ???
Thats like going to Rolls Royce and asking them to build you a Chevy .... Just go buy a Chevy somewhere they are a dime a dozen.

Good luck with the cartos, they are different so they take some getting used to. Once you get used to the day to day consistency its hard to go back to attys though.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Big Hitter - Yea I was thinking of getting a Provari to use it alongside with a re-buildable atty but I think I will wait and see how it goes with these cartos. And I think you got it wrong, if Rob builds a non-feeder VV mod, it is like going from a Rolls Royce to a Maserati haha. No really, I was thinking more on the lines of a cylindrical mod (non-feeder/feeder .. doesn't matter) just for the sake of preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread