Rootbeer float has really burnt taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
I just ordered 6ml of rootbeer float juice its 80/20 pg/vg 18mg nicotine. I cleaned my tank and rewicked my coil since this was a new flavor and I wanted to see how it really tasted. I shook the bottle really well and primed my wick and put a little in my tank. at first it was pretty good my tank got low and I thought I would just go ahead and top it off with the same juice.

After I refilled I tried it and it just had a really burnt taste to it. I removed the cotton rinsed my coil and rewicked again thinking may I dry burned a little when the tank was so low on juice. I even lowered my watts to round 8 watts normally I vape everything at 10-12 watts. And it still had the same taste. Maybe it just needs to steep for a week or so? Or maybe I didnt get it shook up good enough. It got really bad I had to dump my tank and re wick a 3rd time and change juice. No problems with the other juice that was sent the same day as the rootbeer float. I did notice its a VERY dark juice.

I use a kangertech aerotank and a e-lvt mod. And vape mouth to lung hits. Single coils 1.6ohm with cotton wick. Ive never had juice taste so burnt before. Any input would be great. I dont mind throwing it away if its just bad juice but if it just needs to steep I will let it. Any info is appreciated.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
I think I found the problem. The air flow control had some juice between the coil connection and the one in the control, I started getting the same taste with a different juice today. I dipped in alcohol a few times, got what I could with a q tip, and blew it out with some compressed air and it seems fine now. Oh had to change coils to since that one was leaking. Just got a new box of kangertech coils yesterday. I take the new coils apart and rebuild them myself. I must have got a coil that was allowing a little juice down through. Seems fine now. I guess maybe the juice was causing a connection problem and getting burnt between the contacts? Does that make sense?

And to answer questions
1. No I didnt dry burn it was a fresh coil.
2. Yes I rinsed the coil when I re wicked.
3. Im vaping juice from gourmet vapors.

First time I had ever had a problem with their juice other than learning that their coconut has to steep a couple weeks for it to be really good lol.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
Good outcome! So glad you found the culprit and didn't throw out a bottle of perfectly good juice! I hate when these simple issues "leave a bad taste in our mouths!" Literally! :D

It just wasnt making since to me why a new coil I had primed the cotton before using it was burning. But yes I kept the juice I just couldnt understand what was going on til it done it with another juice. Lesson learned lol.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
Yeah, my post about the little bit of cotton stuck in the coil that I couldn't see was a lesson learned for me too! That was a HORRIBLE taste that wouldn't go away!

Oh I know what your saying. I done a dry burn once I rinsed my coil but I forgot to wash may hands before I handled the cotton. Evidently I had gotten some burnt residue on my fingertips. What a surprise when I took that first hit. Kinda like smoking burnt electrical wire. Yuck lol. Again lesson learned.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
Ok so I tried it today again. It started out not to bad then after a while the burnt taste was back and just kept getting stronger. And just like the last time i dry burned rinsed my coil and rewicked before filling and checked for any other issues. When i took my tank apart to clean it out and change flavors my coil and wick were super gunky. So maybe its just the juice. Its really really dark almost black. I was only using 8 watts when it started tasting burnt. So I guess Its just not a good juice or a bad mix which Ive never gotten from my supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread