RN 4081 Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

valyo

Mar 12, 2009
Romania
Hey. I successfully repaired a RN 4081 atomizer. Enough talking, here are the pics:

The atomizer:

You pull the steel wool wrapped metal bridge:

Until it comes out:

At this point, if you pull the ceramic pot (actually it's plastic) the atomizer coil sits in you will break the wires:

Here you can see the ceramic pot, the coil, steel wool (actually there are 5 pcs) etc:

After you remove the steel wool from the ceramic pot (it's like a onion):

There's my problem. So, I took care of that, I also changed the wires because they were to short (I used 2 wires from a UTP cat5e cable).

Now, the hard part is to solder the end of my 2 new wires to the threads for the battery. You need to separate the steel tube from the threads for the battery without damaging the 2 peaces (this is the hardest part because the 2 peaces are glued together...so, just pull but be careful). After soldering and another 30min later I had a working atomizer.

My opinion is that is not worth it. But, if you get bored, there's nothing good at the TV, your girl friend dumped you or what ever, you could try to at least see what's wrong with it.

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Great job, you should really post this in the modders forum - Modders Forum - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

It probably won't get the attention it deserves in this sub-forum.

When I took one of mine apart though, when I pulled the bridge out the ceramic pot and the atomizer coil came out connected to it.

That looks like a Smoking Everywhere battery though from the off-white hue and the size and spread of the striations, as well as the LED chip and the LED cap (most LED caps for RN4081s that I've seen aren't as bumpy), why would you take that apart when you could get a new one for free? I mean, I'm glad you did so we could see the pictures, but now you have one less battery when you could have got a brand new one for free. Thanks though :)

Last edited:

cg0617

Aug 11, 2009
I bought some blank cartridges for the 4081 and some liquid. I'm am excited to try it! This is a little pre emptive since I haven't even gotten the 4081 yet! I ordered off of amazon and it's taking FOREVER. But I only paid 39.00 for the starter kit. I should have ordered it at the same time my mom did because she already has hers.

Any how, could someone explain how these blanks work? How do I fill them? I heard refilling the disposable carts for the 4081 is difficult. Is this the same procedure?

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I bought some blank cartridges for the 4081 and some liquid. I'm am excited to try it! This is a little pre emptive since I haven't even gotten the 4081 yet! I ordered off of amazon and it's taking FOREVER. But I only paid 39.00 for the starter kit. I should have ordered it at the same time my mom did because she already has hers.

Any how, could someone explain how these blanks work? How do I fill them? I heard refilling the disposable carts for the 4081 is difficult. Is this the same procedure?

hi mate,

check out the second vid on this page of my site:-

E-Cig video user guides

its for the EVO but the carts are similar and should give you a good idea on how to do it.

cheers,

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread