Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
In reading some of the responses here, I really hope this does not turn into an ECF/Admin bash thread.

Disagreeing with Roly is one thing. Insulting and criticizing Admin for how the forum is run is another and should be taken up with Admin and not brought up in the open forum, as stated in the rules. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Thank you,
Lu

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
In reading some of the responses here, I really hope this does not turn into an ECF/Admin bash thread.

Disagreeing with Roly is one thing. Insulting and criticizing Admin for how the forum is run is another and should be taken up with Admin and not brought up in the open forum, as stated in the rules. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Thank you,
Lu

gotcha dear

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA

Thank you,
Lu

Understood Lu :) This was meant as a discussion thread (since the original was locked) Not as a bashing thread!

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC

Thank you,
Lu

I certainly hope I'm not coming off as angry or insulting. I just don't think any electrical device can recieve a foolproof guarantee.

My wife and I are aware of the risks of using batteries, but we're more committed to quitting smoking, so we accept these risks.

I'm all for safety and I hope my post reflects that.

Personally, I think ECF is doing a great job with the safety banners. One of the first things I noticed when coming to this board was the safety banner in the modding section (I was looking for a way to modify my carts).

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada

Thank you,
Lu
Seeing as this is a discussion based on the possibility of future rules and regulations, and not of rules that are already in place, I cannot see how this could be misconstrued as insulting or criticizing the forum or it's admin.

Far be it for me to question a moderator (such as yourself), and I will not do so, however a discussion like this seems to be a very important topic with quite a few members. Hopefully it won't be censored just because it's tone is bordering on disagreeing with the powers that be.

Hopefully this forum's management can recognize the importance of this topic and allow it's continued discussion with the participation of mature and respectful members, as it has mostly been from the beginning of this thread.

On a personal note, I sincerely feel us as members and contributors of such a successful discussion forum (which owes it's success in part to the members themselves) should be allowed to openly discuss things that can have such a tremendous impact on the future of the forum. Again, I just want to stress I am not being critical of it's admin, manager or mods. ;)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Thanks for the informative post Steve. ;)

Your welcome Angl :)

On a personal note, I sincerely feel us as members and contributors of such a successful discussion forum (which owes it's success in part to the members themselves) should be allowed to openly discuss things that can have such a tremendous impact on the future of the forum. Again, I just want to stress I am not being critical of it's admin, manager or mods. ;)

Excellent Post Nature :)

just when i thought Steve could not become any MORE of my Hero , bravo buddy. the purchaser of said "exploding" mods needs to do his or her homework before buying.

now... back to my V2

Or 1 of the other 484 devices you own Grimm ;) haha ... I do envy your stash!!!!

U coming to Vapefest? I heard the next one is in Vegas! You better be there! I don't like flying, but I will fly to vegas just to meet you grimm :)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I certainly hope I'm not coming off as angry or insulting. I just don't think any electrical device can recieve a foolproof guarantee.

My wife and I are aware of the risks of using batteries, but we're more committed to quitting smoking, so we accept these risks.

I'm all for safety and I hope my post reflects that.

Personally, I think ECF is doing a great job with the safety banners. One of the first things I noticed when coming to this board was the safety banner in the modding section (I was looking for a way to modify my carts).

Sorry anim8r, I'm not really involved in this discussion itself. This whole proposition has come from someone much higher than me. So I'm not here to make any comments on the OP.

Seeing as this is a discussion based on the possibility of future rules and regulations, and not of rules that are already in place, I cannot see how this could be misconstrued as insulting or criticizing the forum or it's admin.

Far be it for me to question a moderator (such as yourself), and I will not do so, however a discussion like this seems to be a very important topic with quite a few members. Hopefully it won't be censored just because it's tone is bordering on disagreeing with the powers that be.

Hopefully this forum's management can recognize the importance of this topic and allow it's continued discussion with the participation of mature and respectful members, as it has mostly been from the beginning of this thread.

Well if you read my post, you will see that I said 'disagreeing with Roly is one thing....'

You may not have seen the posts I deleted for comments that straight out insulted Admin here. This thread is about Roly's thread, not about bashing ECF.

Lu

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Sorry anim8r, I'm not really involved in this discussion itself. This whole proposition has come from someone much higher than me. So I'm not here to make any comments on the OP.

Well if you read my post, you will see that I said 'disagreeing with Roly is one thing....'

You may not have seen the posts I deleted for comments that straight out insulted Admin here. This thread is about Roly's thread, not about bashing ECF.

Lu
Gotcha. No I guess I didn't see the posts that were bashing ECF.

As it stands right now, it was only Roly that has been suggesting the possible new rules and/or regulations? I guess what I'm wondering is if these things actually come into effect, will we no longer to be able to dispute it in a rational and respectful manner, or will we be silenced because it is contrary to the ECF rule that dictates no one shall criticize the forum?

I guess it's a fine line, isn't it. I know I'll tread carefully. ;)

In any case, I agree there's no sense in bashing the forum or insulting anyone, let alone the admin.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Excellent Post Nature :)
Thanks, and I'm grateful for you posting this thread, otherwise I might not have realized the extent of the proposed new rules/regulations. Lets hope this is something we can continue to discuss further, and possibly prevent the regulation of mods on this forum.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
I guess what I'm wondering is if these things actually come into effect, will we no longer to be able to dispute it in a rational and respectful manner, or will we be silenced because it is contrary to the ECF rule that dictates no one shall criticize the forum?

My guess would be that if they do come into effect, being silenced would be moot if there's no-one left to silence.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
Or 1 of the other 484 devices you own Grimm ;) haha ... I do envy your stash!!!!

U coming to Vapefest? I heard the next one is in Vegas! You better be there! I don't like flying, but I will fly to vegas just to meet you grimm :)

lol , i think Mamacat has a bigger stash than i do , and Vegas ... yeah , Vegas Vapefest will be rock'n'Roll !!

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I've lived for 49 years without anyone protecting me from myself and so far, I've done fine.
(We'll except for that gunpowder incident when I was 14)

I don't come to this or any other forum to be told what I can and cannot explore.
That's why I have the internet.

I understand ECF wanting to protect themselves but I do not see the need.
There's no liability here.

In the words of Benjamin Franklin (modified slightly for my own point)

Anyone willing to trade freedom of choice (in this case) for security shall not have nor do they deserve either one.

Mankind has always learned from mistakes.
I don't think a simple posting or rule will change that.

I no one had ever posted problems they had with batteries this topic would not exist. We wouldn't know what batteries to look for or avoid.

There are some people that no matter how much data there is about something being dangerous, they're still going to buy, eat, drink, do it.
You cannot protect people against themselves.

Just change and or modify the user agreement to have a hold harmless clause.

Let's work this out. I'm not ready to look for another forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread