• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Requiem for A Battery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Well old friend..ciao! :cry:
Maybe not so old about 2 weeks! I just hate it when something breaks or quits!! 2 atty's so far ..sent back. This stuff I have had about 12 days! Since I only have a 2 week warranty I am not going to worry about it
Anyway, any other cheapo thing like a battery wouldn't faze me, it's just this new obsession. The feeling like the supply chain will be gone soon and then what!
This is just nuts. I need ANOTHER hobby!8-o
So what all have you lost and mourned?
Mary

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Awww! That's terrible! That .......!!!:mad:
And he'll be back - I have four other bantam size chickens that will be easy pickings..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lucky those other bantams stay in my back yard for the most part, and I have a horse and goat back there - hawks generally don't like LARGE animals. I'm going to be keeping my eye's open - and I'll load the .22 just in case.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
And he'll be back - I have four other bantam size chickens that will be easy pickings..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lucky those other bantams stay in my back yard for the most part, and I have a horse and goat back there - hawks generally don't like LARGE animals. I'm going to be keeping my eye's open - and I'll load the .22 just in case.

Sweet!! :D

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
RIP Creamer! I loved my chickens when I had them, lost only one to a hawk and she got away! Two days later without tailfeathers she was clucking up a storm to be let back into her coop and her beloved nest. No more free range for them.
Is there a rhyme or reason for battery's to up and die? I can't help feeing like I did something wrong! The blue light kept lighting up even when sitting in a box by it's self with no atty or cart to keep it company. Hey, it worked with the kids!
Mary

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
Is there a rhyme or reason for battery's to up and die? I can't help feeing like I did something wrong! The blue light kept lighting up even when sitting in a box by it's self with no atty or cart to keep it company. Hey, it worked with the kids!
Mary

Yes, batteries need socialization in order to survive - keep them with their friends, atties and carts if possible. Tell them you love them daily. Give hugs and secretly tell them that it's your all time fave one :p

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Yes, batteries need socialization in order to survive - keep them with their friends, atties and carts if possible. Tell them you love them daily. Give hugs and secretly tell them that it's your all time fave one :p

Forget it Shimmy! I have to do all that for the hubby! Besides the batts don't mow the lawn or do dishes.:cool:
Mary

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
RIP Creamer! I loved my chickens when I had them, lost only one to a hawk and she got away! Two days later without tailfeathers she was clucking up a storm to be let back into her coop and her beloved nest. No more free range for them.
Mary
I think one of my "GOOD" batteries is dying..... when I take a drag, the LED will glow only for a second then go out... its getting annoying!

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Mary

It sounds to me like Bad Switch Syndrome. The switch in that battery got stuck in the "on" position. Constantly being on, caused it to drain itself of charge without your help. Continuing to be on past the low battery warning blinks caused it to overdischarge. The overdischarge made it so that only a very expenxive very specific kind of charger can revive it. You did well putting it in quarantine. Having a battery self-activating with an atomizer attached can spell disaster for the atty too. The bad switch thing seems to be all too common anymore.

My suggestion would be to get over the pretty little blue light and the cylindrical appearance and get somebody to make a battery mod for you. At least a mod can be fixed when it goes bad by anybody who understands a simple circuit and can solder. The bad switch can only be fixed by the people that assembled the battery, and I think we are a long way off from refurbished e-cig parts.

I lost two 901 batteries to switch failures:| - didn't get too upset because it meant spare parts for my modding obsession:oops:. Then, the very next day, I lost my two favorite atomizers to my own modding failure:mad: - I tried the same stupid thing that ruined the first atomizer:confused:, thinking maybe it was just a weak atty. The part that got to me most was that I had no one to blame for the death of my beloved attys but myself:-x.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
3 batts in 2 weeks dead! We are talking about 15 charges in my blue batteries and about 3 charges for hubby's silver ones! I also have another blue one blinking at me ...off to the corner for you 8-o I am getting really po'd. Since all are past the big 2 week replacement thing, I will just have to eat the cost. No body here able to do mods..maybe I will give it a go.
If anyone see's a huge fireball in the sky..it's just me. :evil:
Mary

Last edited:

1 Cute Canadian

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto, Canada
so far I have had 2 batteries and 1 atty die, all 801's and 1 901 battery. I was choked when they died but not as much as I am with my brandspanking new 801 USB passthru. I got it lastnight from eastmall and can't figure what is wrong with it? The light either stays on after puff till it cuts off and I hear the atty sizzling or it just stops mid puff? The draw is hard, really hard, I was so looking forward to getting it and I am really sad about it :( Anyone have any advice?

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
so far I have had 2 batteries and 1 atty die, all 801's and 1 901 battery. I was choked when they died but not as much as I am with my brandspanking new 801 USB passthru. I got it lastnight from eastmall and can't figure what is wrong with it? The light either stays on after puff till it cuts off and I hear the atty sizzling or it just stops mid puff? The draw is hard, really hard, I was so looking forward to getting it and I am really sad about it :( Anyone have any advice?
8-o my first passthrough didn't work either. Luckily I bought it from Altsmoke and Rob sent me a new one right away, I sent the non-worker back. I just got a second one in Rob's Mystery bag deal. (for my 901's) so I'm set now I think.

Perhaps one of the moders can help fix it for you??? I don't know if you can send it back? all the way to china..... perhaps send David an email and see what he says.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I had to send my SD back to Trog - I had it sitting on my nightstand - behind a glass of water so it wouldn't roll.....my son got thirsty....my SD rolled right off the stand and hit the hardwood floor......

At least Trog was fantastic about the whole thing...I mailed the SD back to him last week Saturday, today I got an EM from him telling me it's fixed and what the price was.....

I agree, mods are the way to go, you can get them serviced - always cheaper (and greener) then replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread