Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I posted this to the Tech Guys to see what they say

Scratching chin...
Would other users still see the rating (opinion) given by the blocked user or would the blocked users rating (opinion) be, in effect, publicly silenced by the person that has blocked him or her?

Would this feature apply to the general forum or only in the non-public areas? (OUTSIDE, for example.)

Cheers
I

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Scratching chin...
Would other users still see the rating (opinion) given by the blocked user or would the blocked users rating (opinion) be, in effect, publicly silenced by the person that has blocked him or her?

Would this feature apply to the general forum or only in the non-public areas? (OUTSIDE, for example.)

Cheers
I

I wouldn't even mind it just for subforum specific features. You've guessed it Izan, this applies in particular to the Outside where people who are on ignore still have the ability to circumvent ignore for the purpose of being a PITA. I'm less concerned with silencing anyone (because let's be real, very few people actually listen to one another in the Outside) and more for my general enjoyment. Selfish certainly.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Is it possible in the ECF forum software to turn off the rating system for people that a user has on ignore?

Nope. It would entail some custom coding in order to do the necessary checks, then hide the corresponding "vote". As it's been a while since I've done any serious modifications under the hood with XF, I'm not sure what the end result would be on server resources, but gut feeling says it's not something I'd consider doing. We'll see what the tech guys say as far as whether it's easily attained or not without adding considerable loads to the system.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Nope. It would entail some custom coding in order to do the necessary checks, then hide the corresponding "vote". As it's been a while since I've done any serious modifications under the hood with XF, I'm not sure what the end result would be on server resources, but gut feeling says it's not something I'd consider doing. We'll see what the tech guys say as far as whether it's easily attained or not without adding considerable loads to the system.
Fair enough and thank you for at least looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread